Have we Reached the Point of Passive Acceptance and Disappointed Resignation with Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

(However, multiplayer is absolutely ruined compared to Warband)
Living in a non-major country, Warband multiplayer was never feasible to me. The best ping I can get from those custom servers is around 180ms, which is crippling. Bannerlord gives me around 30ms, and I can play perfectly with that, so I'm very grateful for this MP game most people call garbage.

Living in a non-major country, Warband multiplayer was never feasible to me. The best ping I can get from those custom servers is around 180ms, which is crippling. Bannerlord gives me around 30ms, and I can play perfectly with that, so I'm very grateful for this MP game most some people call garbage.
Forgive me, I just had to correct this :smile:

Never forget that its a minority. They are just really loud. The nature of us silly humans is to voice our opinions only when we are dissatisfied, if we are happy, we rarely express it, especially in fora

Which is probably why it sold so well widely outside the OG fanbase.
Do we have a number on that? I mean how much of the people who bought BL did not play WB prior to release of BL? Maybe this is something obvious to understand but I am very doubtful on that.

Bannerlord is better at battles(except armor/damage formula), ui and graphics which is something to be expected out of the box. I guess og fanbase wanted improved version of honor, marshall, controversy, right to rule systems too but what we got dumped down version of them.

Do we have a number on that? I mean how much of the people who bought BL did not play WB prior to release of BL? Maybe this is something obvious to understand but I am very doubtful on that.

Bannerlord is better at battles(except armor/damage formula), ui and graphics which is something to be expected out of the box. I guess og fanbase wanted improved version of honor, marshall, controversy, right to rule systems too but what we got dumped down version of them.
Even if we did it may be difficult to calculate because prior to release they announced that people who owned warband would get something like 15% off bannerlord, WB was on sale too I'm pretty sure so I think it actually worked out cheaper buying both games rather than just BL.

Either way I reckon there'd be a decentish percentage of people who owned WB who only bought it a couple of months before BL. Even then I reckon its only a small number of people who bought WB over the years who can be considered as active WB players so the idea of WB owners being the "core fan base" may still be construed.

TLDR: It's too difficult to quantify who the main fanbase are.

I think I've given up on the game. I've realized the only interest I have in it now is via the giant over haul mods trying to come out for it.

Yeah man after recently getting the oculus 2 im loving the job 1 solo developer did with Tales of Glory -its basically Mount and Blade in virtual reality - with potential for same huge battles. Sure its not totally polished but it has way more shock and awe than did Bannerlord and feels like the real Heir apparent. Bannerlord did not WOW me at all as they went the conservative more of the same -better graphics -route

I have reached the point of passive acceptance and disappointed resignation with threads like these.

"Whenever someone leave Bannerlord to play another game, the collective IQ of both communities increase" :iamamoron:

I have reached the point of passive acceptance and disappointed resignation with threads like these.

Good, I'm glad, maybe after reaching such a point you might refrain from making mindless comments like this one.

Perhaps you could also accept that other people might not be happy with 11 years of mediocre development... and that they might need to express that feeling? Even if it personally bores you.

Anyway, happily, I am off to play the game and check out the first patch with real actual progress in fricking years.

Last edited:
Yeah man after recently getting the oculus 2 im loving the job 1 solo developer did with Tales of Glory -its basically Mount and Blade in virtual reality - with potential for same huge battles. Sure its not totally polished but it has way more shock and awe than did Bannerlord and feels like the real Heir apparent. Bannerlord did not WOW me at all as they went the conservative more of the same -better graphics -route

Yea, I think that's my same problem with Bannerlord. It hasn't WOWed me once. Not once. When I played Warband, I was WOWed and if I go back to it, it's like returning home after a long trip. It may look like it came from the late 90s and there are hilarious bugs, but it had life and I enjoyed the world and quirks and content. Just haven't felt that way at all with Bannerlord. :sad:

So the forums seem really rather dull and quiet lately.

People seem to be just waiting to see what the next patch brings, maybe because sieges might finally be fixed at least in part. I don't know.

The usual forum agitators / rebels seem to have been tamed or outright banned. Weeks slip by...

I get the feeling that everyone has kind of accepted that Bannerlord will just not be what they wanted it to be ... and it will take literal years of modding for it to even come anywhere close to it's potential.

Feels like we have all taken our Valium / Diazepam and are now just waiting. It seems strange right?
Its my first time in any topic about Bannerlord. I came here to write something about Warband and also noticed new changes to the rules and this topic. I've noticed that you mentioned the fact that they banned troublemakers. Im like you unhappy that there are no troublemakers anymore on this forum. I firmly believe that updating the rules to the point where any kind of sentence may be percieved by anyone as starting an argument or baiting makes for a boring forum and in the end destroying the community. Our civilization never thrived without arguments\discutions\fights etc. Its the wrong way to go about it.

On the topic of Bannerlord. For some reason for many years when people were like i cant wait for Bannerlord it will be awesome i was like, it wont... It wont be better than Warband even if it will be technically superior. It can change if the devs finish the game... At the same time if we speak about single player then most if not all the things we've got in the Bannerlord is already present in the best mods for Warband. Proper sieges? Already in, In the name of Jerusalem. Animated trees, grass and bushes? AWOIAF, Viking Conquest, In the name of Jerusalem, The Third Age. Having kids? AWOIAF, Brytenwalda and Viking Invasion\Conquest. Naval battles? For now no naval battles in Bannerlord but we already have them in AWOIAF, In the name of Jerusalem, Brytenwala and VIking Conquest etc. In other words its like we've got something very similar with better graphics. I think that the overall disappointment with the game pertain to the fact that (i may be unfair and maybe am) they just gave us the same things we already have for years in mods.

PS. I hope that i wont be banned for trying to just talk with ofher forum members but to be frank im not sure if what i've said here cant be seen as baiting, being passive agressive or something else. Its very hard to navigate in these murky waters of impossible to understand rules that never were a thing in the olden days...

Last edited:
Its my first time in any topic about Bannerlord. I came here to write something about Warband and also noticed new changes to the rules and this topic. I've noticed that you mentioned the fact that they banned troublemakers. Im like you unhappy that there are no troublemakers anymore on this forum. I firmly believe that updating the rules to the point where any kind of sentence may be percieved by anyone as starting an argument or baiting makes for a boring forum and in the end destroying the community.

The forums now are actually a lot more lenient than they were in the past (around 10 years ago), but for the most part I agree with all of the recent bans. They were without exception extremely annoying people who weren't even fun or interesting to argue against, just stupid idiots or legitimately mentally ill people who kept posting the same thing over and over for months, sometimes clogging up otherwise interesting threads and making them a pain to read. They may have increased the number of posts and threads, but didn't add anything worthwhile and didn't make me want to post or even watch the drama, since it was so repetitive and asinine.

The forums now are actually a lot more lenient than they were in the past (around 10 years ago), but for the most part I agree with all of the recent bans. They were without exception extremely annoying people who weren't even fun or interesting to argue against, just stupid idiots or legitimately mentally ill people who kept posting the same thing over and over for months, sometimes clogging up otherwise interesting threads and making them a pain to read. They may have increased the number of posts and threads, but didn't add anything worthwhile and didn't make me want to post or even watch the drama, since it was so repetitive and asinine.
Thanks for the info, if thats the case then maybe its not as bad as i thought.

Thanks for the info, if thats the case then maybe its not as bad as i thought.
It is somewhat stricter than several years ago - they can slap you with a warning for dev abuse if you say something bad about devs (like lazy or incompetent, not just pure insults) and especially about Armagan. It sometimes depends on your luck whether someone reported you or not and who is on policing duty. Orion is a cool lenient cat, while Erminas is a professional *******.
The permabans are justified though and banned people have it coming for a long time or are ban-evading duplicates of previously banned people.

It is somewhat stricter than several years ago - they can slap you with a warning for dev abuse if you say something bad about devs (like lazy or incompetent, not just pure insults) and especially about Armagan. It sometimes depends on your luck whether someone reported you or not and who is on policing duty. Orion is a cool lenient cat, while Erminas is a professional *******.
The permabans are justified though and banned people have it coming for a long time or are ban-evading duplicates of previously banned people.
Well ok then and thanks for the explanation.

Well like any word in existence, lazy and incompetent are insults when used in a derogatory manner. Intent is everything.
Sure they are, but they are also descriptive words that can be backed up (or not) with arguments. The contrast here is with proper insults like dickhead or worse, that are clearly meant as insults.
So for example, if you describe how in some specific case developers did something incompetent, is this something constructive or is it automatically "dev abuse 1 warning point" because "some of the devs might read it".

Back
Top Bottom