- large battles take a long time and can be exhausting for the player to fight
- having reinforcements suddenly pop in out of nowhere
- is not very immersive of realistic
- can be frustrating for the player when you or your troops are suddenly overwhelmed by newly spawning enemies (especially prevalent during sieges)
- makes using tactics more difficult for the player as the reinforcements spawn in completely without warning and in the case of field battles, it's difficult to remember where they will spawn as battlefields tend to be relatively featureless
- In warband, larger battles were broken up into smaller individual battles where you returned to the world map after each one, and had the option of continuing to fight or (depending on your relative power level, leave or attempt retreat/surrender). I think this should be introduced to Bannerlord as an option. When a battle exceeds the battle size you have set, either reinforcements spawn in as they do currently or you "win" the battle and exit to the campaign map, depending on the option you have selected.
- Have reinforcements appear outside of map borders if possible or at least at the very edge. Have a short but prominent message that gets displayed when reinforcements spawn (e.g. Friendly/enemy reinforcements have arrived)
- for sieges, have defender reinforcements spawn next to the keep (or some other buildings that are far away from the gate/walls.