SP - Quests Have Faction Notables Acknowledge an On-Going War During Quest Dialogue

Users who are viewing this thread

It struck me that it would add a nice bit of world building to have village or town notables acknowledge whether a kingdom is at war. And a natural place for this interaction feels like it could be within quest dialogue. Right now I think it’d make the most sense to limit this just to a kingdom that the player belongs to. Are these types of situation checks available to include in dialogue?
I imagine this as three levels:

Basic
  • Add some text prefacing quest dialogue. For example “I know there is a war, but if you could help us...”

Intermediate
  • Have the text change to acknowledge whether (1) the war is going well or poorly, (2) if there are multiple wars, or (3) duration of war.

Advanced
  • Have some quests be locked by war- or peace-time status. An example might be a quest to help a village rebuild following a raid during a war.
  • Increase honorability for resolving village notables quests for an opposing faction during a war. This could also include a negative relationship hit with your own faction’s lords (maybe specifically targeted towards lords who lack the “honorable” trait).
  • Include a relationship change with the faction leader for addressing village or town notables quests during a war based on the leaders traits. The rationale being that maybe a leader is annoyed that you’re out doing quests while they’re fighting a war, or perhaps they’re happy that someone is taking care of local issues while the war is on-going.

Back
Top Bottom