SP - General Have buyable Civilian outfits that convey a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Note, if this is just not possible I understand.

Both in order to both create some thought to what you wear in cities and to kind of suggest the player is advancing up the ranks, why not have expensive clothes that give bonuses? Specifically the bonuses I was envisioning would be to the kind of skills use use in the cities, like Charm, Roguery, Smithing, Trade, or maybe even Stewardship. This could also help with companions who you assign to work properties. Of course make such clothing maybe be less useful if you do still get into street fights. I would also of course suggest so as to reflect that these items are not worn by all to have these items both be rare and cost somewhere in the low to mid four digit area.

yes im still searching for the legendary mountain forged looter rags which i heard where hidden in the gold mines of Goleryn...There was also rumors about an dragon that was sleeping deep within, guarding the chest but idk...think it was just stories at the inn since we where pretty drunk and the old man with the white beard looked a little bit crazy and had drinking habits

Specifically the bonuses I was envisioning would be to the kind of skills use use in the cities, like Charm, Roguery, Smithing, Trade, or maybe even Stewardship.

I kind of like the idea of it affecting skills only when you're actually in town or in the keep, etc. So if you want to have a dialogue but you need to use your Charm skill for example, it gives you some incentive to actually enter the town rather than talking from the quick menu (which I love btw) if you feel like your skill isn't high enough. Assuming the clothes only provide the bonus when you're actually wearing them in town.

I kind of like the idea of it affecting skills only when you're actually in town or in the keep, etc. So if you want to have a dialogue but you need to use your Charm skill for example, it gives you some incentive to actually enter the town rather than talking from the quick menu (which I love btw) if you feel like your skill isn't high enough. Assuming the clothes only provide the bonus when you're actually wearing them in town.
I really like that idea it's a good way to get the player to go into town without forcing them. But if the player is rushed for time then they just use the quick talk. I do hope TW sees this and does something like this because atm there is no real reason outside of rping or doing a quest for the player to go into towns or villages.

Back
Top Bottom