"have a proposal that may benefit us" option sometiems available

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I have noticed that sometimes you get that option to trade with a clan party leader (Your clan) with the "Have a proposal that may benefit" option. I noticed that is was there with my wife and in another game it wasn't. Is there a trigger for it, or does anyone know why sometimes you can or sometimes you can't?

In various versions of recent, the option to do so with Family that are war party leaders has come and gone and come back. If you're seeing it not available in e1.6.5, then all I can suppose is that Version Control has failed again. (I'm not on 165 yet, so can't look.)

You can (in the same versions) barter with any Family under situations you can talk to them, but if they lack a war party only money can be exchanged. (or fiefs, if you have that option)

It has not been (with one exception version last summer?) possible to barter with Companion war party leaders. Which is for a number of reasons a big -don't- on making them party leaders in any serious campaign. You can't funds, gift mounts, or gift cattle (only giftable food now), or items (that they'd just sell) which means the #1 way of building positive relationships for the main character is not available. You can interact with them through the "Inspect Troops" to swap prisoners as well as troops, so at least the absence of barter doesn't get in the way of concentrating noble prisoners in your own party.

Hope that helps.

in one game my wife has a party and I could trade items (barter) and in the same game later after she died and I got another wife and she ran a party then I could not barter as the option wasnt there. I am on 1.6.5 so there is something there that is stopping me the second time and that is what I was trying to figure out

Back
Top Bottom