Has anyone killed the troll?

Users who are viewing this thread

I killed him just like Beowulf killed Grendel, naked.

The troll is very strong and fast, so I took off all my armor to make myself agile and less prone to fatigue. The Troll also have no shields and his club only have 112 range. This means he is vulnerable to range attacks. With 1 bundle of throwing spears and a spear I managed to kill him.

I killed Orm with 1 single javelin to the face. I was like this:  :shock: after he fell to the ground. 

I have, but it took me three effords to manage. He is very strong but slow so you need a fast weapon with which you have to hit him continually in order to prevent him from hiting you

Kjertesvein said:

The troll is very strong and fast, so I took off all my armor to make myself agile and less prone to fatigue. The Troll also have no shields and his club only have 112 range. This means he is vulnerable to range attacks. With 1 bundle of throwing spears and a spear I managed to kill him.

I killed Orm with 1 single javelin to the face. I was like this:  :shock: after he fell to the ground.

That's cheating! Beowulf didn't use no *****-ass *****-ass throwing spears. Now you go make a new character and go punch the troll to death to make up for this besmirching of his good name.

Grimes said:
Kjertesvein said:

That's cheating! Beowulf didn't use no *****-ass *****-ass throwing spears. Now you go make a new character and go punch the troll to death to make up for this besmirching of his good name.
LOL

:twisted: I used the looted troll club in all the coming campaigns and misadventures ...
it served me well! :mrgreen: eventually casting it onto the ship burial in the final end  :cry:

First time I tried.. I save scummed just to check it out.. might've been around lvl 10. (was new to the concept of having unique events like this)
Hit him quite a few times and after a while he landed a single hit and killed me.

Came back at a later time; a few levels higher; better equipment (mail, tempered rich sword)
I tried again.. He died after getting hit twice.

(shooting at him before the conversation doesn't deal damage)

I had to use the "heal" cheat about 4 times during my fight with the troll, but this is my discover every feature and cheat playthrough so when I do my real Role-play playthrough, I know what to do and what not to do. And most importantly: timing

It's also a good time to discover which companions have no qualms about burning monasteries and looting and burning Anglo Saxon villages

I threw a spear in his face...he died. With Orm, I threw a spear in his face...he died. With Bodo, I threw a spear in his face...he died.

Truly, the fates were on my side.

Foreward: Bring 12 skirmirish javalins! Can be done at any level!

1) Run towards the bridge
2) First dialog
3) Keep running
4) Start second dialog ( keep your distance ) and call him big fat and ugly or something along those lines
5) Throw spears
6) RUN!
7) Gain distance enough distance to back track to bridge
:cool: Cross bridge, throw a few spears
9) RUN
10) Gain distance enough distance to back track to bridge again
11) Throw more spears
12) Jump off bridge at last second causing the troll to have to run around
13) Throw more spears
14) Profit

I beat him once in v1.04.  I used the rock in the river, right hand side of bridge, and just kept him on the opposite side of it, and shot him with Barbed Arrows and a Strong Elite Long Bow or Featured Long Bow with a PD of around 7.  ~60% were shots to his face, ~35% of the shots missed entirely while trying to hit his face as he glitches back and forth pretty fast while hung up on the opposite side of the rock (shore side), and the remaining 5% or so hit his upper body.  I only had 40 arrows in my quiver, and I went through them all.  When I ran out I was actually able to pull the last few arrows I needed out of him by targeting the fletchings!

I didn't either until I was frantically trying to figure out what to do and while mousing around I noticed it said "Barbed Arrows" when my crossghairs landed on one of the ones in him.  I even went back and found the post I made immediately after the fight to make sure I wasn't falsely remembering, and sure enough, I had to retrieve five arrows to finish him, one of which I pulled out of him while using auto-parry.  I did recall how many headshots I landed incorrectly, so the number was probably closer to 25% headshots, 25% body shots, 50% near misses or glitch throughs.  You'll have to excuse my memory as it was almost four months ago and old age is setting in. :razz:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/619573787388256509/#c613956964578694236

I managed to glitch it by drawing my bow before the dialogue and then entering the dialogue. The arrow went through him but as soon as he tried to attack me I hit him another time in the head and although he survived the text showed up as though I had defeated him and it played out as normal. However I cannot seem to do that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom