Has anyone figured out what makes wool weaveries so profitable in 1.7?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I know Flesson19 did a test on this. They consistently outperform every other workshop every game. (Assuming of course they're built somewhere with access to wool, so: ["Chaikand", "Oortengard", "Baltakand", "Tyal"])

I looked at what they produce and it's just anything classified as a 'garment' which is any tier 0 armor, and of course that list is also being filtered for the culture of the city. Though I've noticed that Tyal will make insane profits, so it's not just everything in Khuzait.

So.. anyone have any insights as to WHY this happens?

For reference:

Personally, I have always assumed that the reason why they remain profitable, whereas others often do not, is because whatever they produce isnt affected by market prices. Most other businesses will tend to see the price of their output fall pretty quickly.

It's just workshop limited number, and you had to be certain allied with faction so you would not lost workshop.
That doesn't make sense. There are other areas that produce sheep. If you buy a wool weavery there it still doesn't make as much as in the cities I listed. Also, whether or not you're allied with the faction isn't part of the question.

Yeah somebody posted it but I forgot. Actually Flesson19 talked about it recently too, maybe even in the video you posted. Or somebody did anyways. I guess the "garments" produced by the woolweaver are just coded or consumed differently then other items so it's consistently consumed. Flesson19 said the Tyal weaver is good too, in that video iirc.

Is this still not the khuzait faction bonus? (Pro 25% production bonus to horses, mules, cows and sheep in villages owned by Khuzait rulers.)

Because that bonus explain why khuzait locations produce more wool,

I'm just happy weaveries are making money. I often see no mention of my Caravan on the finance list, and considering how often it's mugged, I can't believe it's worth having.

And 1.7's finances are busted. I can't support myself except by selling booty and crafting 2-H swords.

I make all my $$$$ with Breweries.. .. Beer Rules.

Yes Sanala, Askar and Rhotae all have two grain villages bound to them. I average 300 - 400+ a day from each of those breweries. Workshops are the money maker in Bannerlord once you get around 6 shops at clan tier 5. Bringing in over 2K daily just in workshops not counting caravans and other means.

Personally, I have always assumed that the reason why they remain profitable, whereas others often do not, is because whatever they produce isnt affected by market prices. Most other businesses will tend to see the price of their output fall pretty quickly.
Yes Wool Weaveries just straight up produce clothes/garments. They don't output any kind of trade good.

I think Linen Weaveries (Flax) and Velvet Weaveries (Velvet) also produce some clothes, but they primarily produce Linen and Velvet Trade Goods - so they are less likely to always be super profitable.

Towns are always consuming clothes, so as long as you have a good supply of Wool (several Khuzait Towns have at least two sources of Sheep) you're pretty much guaranteed profit. Like Sweyn mentioned clothes/garments aren't effected by market prices.

Smithies operate in the same manner, technically. But the consumption of weapons/armor isn't as high - well actually I don't think weapons/armor get consumed, so basically all the money comes from Workshop selling weapons/armor to Town market. I believe that's why they used to be stupidly profitable, but they got nerfed a while back.

Personally I think every Village Resource should have some kind of Workshop that creates a Trade Good. Maybe Fish could become Dried Fish, eh not sure what to do with Dates? Maybe Date Bars?

Back
Top Bottom