Has anyone figured out how to add particle effects to melee weapons?

Users who are viewing this thread

this wouldn’t answer your question but torches uses prefab, if you add that to your sword, then the fire from torch will exist on that sword as if it was a torch, it doesn't look good since it cannot be adjusted :sad:

Upvote 0
this wouldn’t answer your question but torches uses prefab, if you add that to your sword, then the fire from torch will exist on that sword as if it was a torch, it doesn't look good since it cannot be adjusted :sad:

i already tried it with that because i had the same idea, however what ends up happening that it will work while its on the back, but if you draw your sword to use it it hovers on the ground :sad:

<Item id="test_staff" name="{=yy7RvQKN}Test staff" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_spear_b" recalculate_body="true" mesh="axe_craft_32_handle" prefab="torch_a_wm_only_flame" using_tableau="true" value="5" subtype="two_handed_wpn" weight="1" difficulty="0" appearance="1" Type="Polearm" item_holsters="polearm_back:polearm_back_2">

if youre interested in how i implemented it, basically tried it first with the bo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah i saw, its also not up to date and does it via pushing a buton? i kinda wanted some specific items, but oh well, maybe once modding tools come out it will be easier to add stuff like psys_game_burning_agent to melee weapons and have it show

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom