Version number
e1.6.0.277436
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

celeryion

Recruit
Summary: Computer hard-locks when alt-tabbing or quitting the game. No BSOD, but also no graphical update, sound is on short-loop, no keyboard or mouse response. Must hard-power-off PC and reset. Only happens in Bannerlord. For the first 5-15 minutes, this isn't an issue. Even after that, can play the game for hours, saving and loading the game, no problem. Except that as soon as I alt-tab or quit the game, the PC freezes up entirely. Hadn't played the game in about a year, but this issue was never a problem back then. Have updated bios, os, graphics card driver, verified steam cache, disabled all game overlays, run the game from Bannerlord.exe. None of that helped.
How to Reproduce: Play the game for 5-15 mins, then alt-tab or quit the game.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: MSI Geforce 2080S
GPU Driver Version: 471.41
CPU: i7-9700KF
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: MAG 7390 TOMAHAWK
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
Still using the exact same computer as the previous bug reports. I had recorded the wrong CPU back then.

Yes, the issue persists whether windowed or in borderless fullscreen. In borderless fullscreen, after the 5-15m, when I click to my second monitor, the entire system locks up.

I don't know what happens when windows switches between the game context and the desktop environment for primary input, but it isn't good.

Rolling back Geforce driver to 461.92 seems to have done the trick. Just had a solid half hour of playing borderless fullscreen without crashing, and didn't crash on quitting.

Glad to see it is fixed. We have not seen this issue internally yet. We will reach out if we have more to say on this issue.
Sorry, looks like I told a lie. Had three sessions where it didn't lock up, which is a marked improvement on the latest driver, but it happened again on the fourth.

Back
Top Bottom