Happy Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Liamar

Sergeant at Arms
I'm here just to wish a very merry and happy holidays to the development team and all the fans waiting for this masterpiece to be completed! :wink:

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Marry Christmas to you and all of you guys who celebrate or simply like holidays  :grin:

Thou you'll have to do it again for my Orthodox Christmas on 7th of january  :grin:

Merry Christmas for you Zimke now (2012.12.25)  and in Orthodox Christmas on 7th of january... and Prosperous New Years!
And for all...

Magnum said:
I did not know the orthodox Christians celebrated on jan 7th great bit of info
Just to note that we don't (or at least not all of us) - only the ones still using the Julian calendar do, like Serbs and maybe Russians.

Don't you guys use revised version of Julian Calender (Milanković Calender)?

Constantinople Patriachy,Alexandrian/Romanian/Bulgarian/Cyprus  and Greek Orthodox church all started using calender made by Serbian scientist Milutin Milanković(guy who explained ice ages).

While Serbian/Antioch/Jerusalem/Russian/Georgian/Japanese orthodox church still uses the Julian Calender.

Polish,Albanian,Czech and Slovakian church use both calenders.

True, but that is pretty much the same as the Gregorian calendar! :wink:
Of course, sometimes we choose whether to celebrate a holyday OS or NS - f.e. St. Trifon Zarezan in New Style is on the 1st of February (and it's officially then), but we prefer to celebrate it on the 14th, in Old Style (and thus we get a nice battle - an Orthodox drinking holiday vs. a "Catholic" commercial holiday). :razz:

Back
Top Bottom