Users who are viewing this thread

Had some fun with Brettonian troops vs Wood Elves. Here's a pitched cavalry battle in the woods

GwS1UVj.jpg

HVqg9T8.jpg

H9PYRaw.jpg

12aTUe3.jpg

563bmFH.jpg

oQ67mVU.jpg

hOsnUMj.jpg

utY527V.jpg

nm7SEeH.jpg

Those are some pretty cool pics!

Jargon have you seen this? https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1823

Will help with those Boar Boyz, among other things...
Yes!! I immediately updated my game to 1.4.2 to play with it. It crashes on start up for me, even without other mods added, unfortunately.

It looks like the mod is a WIP as well, so the next version will probably be better. I'm concerned with any mods that cause crashes. I don't need those problems floating around inside my mod.

But I'm sooo keen to get those boars into the game.

I'll also have to introduce a Halfling Moot clan into the mod for the sole purpose of having rideable chickens...

Also, if the mountable people can be multiplied to 2-4 people instead of just one, then we have our Dwarf shield bearers.

I've been bothered by the many references to the Orcs in Hammerlord looking like Shrek. It's been a distraction for the mod.

I had the chance to look into skins.xml today, and couldn't believe what I found. Everything needed for a fantasy mod is there waiting in that file.

I've updated the Orc green skin colour. I've also updated the Orc face:

0iWNV3L.jpg

ZXMK3Ph.jpg

nhKYaoz.jpg

Here's how it looks in the troop tree:
8gYpMWo.jpg

The Black Orcs have a darker green skin:
vXxHYYl.jpg

9rvvIku.jpg

I've also discovered the technique used in Jotnar's mod to make larger models:
NthFpsI.jpg

sTtvqAM.jpg

To do this I have taken over the male town teenager skin. The flow-on effect is that each town will have worker ogres:
GwZrPsa.jpg

I'll tailor these large models for each culture's settlements. Rat ogres for Skaven, drayds for Wood Elves. Not sure what Dwarfs will get yet.

Battle pics featuring the new orcs and ogres:
rcUBnDB.jpg

iLEPvDm.jpg

7N1dblO.jpg

KALJo0p.jpg

ifmwiR1.jpg

RB14UoM.jpg

GD8D6zf.jpg

qlssdrT.jpg

e3vwIFM.jpg

sj0zod1.jpg

qUlERXg.jpg

8qeclV5.jpg
No more Shrek!
Up next: improvements to Skaven and goblins. I'm also keeping a close eye on the new mountables mod.

Last edited:
Let's do it Mattias!

Based on the positive impact of Hideous Armour and Hallow Plate armour, I think armour is the best way to start. In particular, an 'Orc Helmet' to start with that can populate an entire race as a face, as well as skull-based shoulder pauldrons. At the moment the goofy green Orc race is getting a lot of negative Shrek comments.

The classic Warhammer orc face has a small forehead, wide chin, and the essential mega tooth that sticks out 6 inches:
lUYKKkf.jpg

We can also collaborate and work with Calradia Awakens mod. They can assist with getting 3D models into the game better than me, and both our fantasy mods can make full use of your work.

Your work can also be shared as a standalone module, for everyone to use.

Been away some days. OFC, I'll show something tomorrow, 1-4 LOD and some better UV than Taleworld manages. :wink:

Been away some days. OFC, I'll show something tomorrow, 1-4 LOD and some better UV than Taleworld manages. :wink:
Fantastic! Ignore my previous comment about orc/troll/ogre faces. I think that can be done satisfactorily in-game. Any fantasy armour you can cook up would benefit the entire community. Just as long as you are aware that no one has yet to add models into game yet.

Orc armour sets

Verrrrrrry cool man!! What was the secret to increasing the height limit?
In skins.xml, the line you want is: min_scale ="1.07"
min_scale ="2.00" makes for a good ogre size.
However, it changes all characters that use the same skin. Once we can create new skins and assign them to troops and lords, things will be much easier. For now, it creates a lot of hassle across the single player campaign.

Some more orc battles today, testing weapons and faces:
BnDdJTK.jpg

WA0vDdz.jpg

GXkjwhB.jpg

oQghUWP.jpg

8FEPfHa.jpg

EhVzbR6.jpg

TzlJCsD.jpg

Bonus pics: Dawi construct working in town
ymxjeur.jpg

And the Rat Ogre:
J7YqEHE.jpg

Don't mess with an Orc with an axe:
ltsLV3B.jpg

No more horses for da Boyz.

Da Boar Boyz are coming!

mUWzNfW.jpg

Oh, and Da Wolf Gitz are coming too!

hbu5i3D.jpg

Here they are together:

yzZOIfU.jpg

Made possible thank to Nicholas Wetta and Custom Mounts mod (I finally got it working!)

Some battle pics from today:

kZ8YsZJ.jpg

SD46cB6.jpg

G73PKwX.jpg

5OY7xRf.jpg

B2loVBf.jpg

The friendliest way to do:
46DHi1u.jpg

Orc, gobbos and ogres working forming the Hammerlord Waaagh:

K3pnYRD.jpg

AOTjos5.jpg

OMG gobbos riding labradors... I love it. :grin:

Seriously though man you seem to be making great progress now that you are finding the right techniques. There is potential for Bannerlord to make for a great WH TC!. Thanks! :smile:

OMG gobbos riding labradors... I love it. :grin:

Seriously though man you seem to be making great progress now that you are finding the right techniques. There is potential for Bannerlord to make for a great WH TC!. Thanks! :smile:
Thanks Bannerdog!

A sneak peak of what I'm currently working on: a full range of shapes and sizes for the Waaggh
uDcNlKG.jpg

The Waaaghh currently includes goblins, orc boys, orc bosses, Black Orcs, forest trolls and ogres. Each is a different size.

Awesome,very interested to see the forest troll! :grin:

While I am sure what you are doing is a lot of work, it must also be very fun experimenting with the models and watching them become more like the things you are aiming for. When modding tools are released then the **** is really going to get real. :smile:

Awesome,very interested to see the forest troll! :grin:

While I am sure what you are doing is a lot of work, it must also be very fun experimenting with the models and watching them become more like the things you are aiming for. When modding tools are released then the **** is really going to get real. :smile:
Yes, I'm having a great time experimenting.
Here's a good look at the forest troll on guard for you:L
N7LPq6u.jpg

A slightly updated look for Skaven:
8zwQhLo.jpg

And for a bit of fun, I spotted this in my travels. Have you ever seen a mountain ogre dressing down a troll and an orc for their lack of discipline?
7lmMMsc.jpg

Thank you NPC99 and cpt_freakout. I'm having a blast making this. Very enjoyable.

Introducing the forest giant for the Wood Elf faction:
sUeuCa9.jpg

USwAYuS.jpg

He's a quasi mash-up of the treeman and dryad units. As we don't have anything resembling those models and textures, I've opted for some slight creative license. The Forest Giant is an ancient creature that tends to the forests of Athel Loren, until called to battle by the elves.

He comes armed with javelins and a large spiked club:
Sr2rRgg.jpg

6ifOop9.jpg

O4YYq1I.jpg

7fHAcKL.jpg

lvqMsVt.jpg

Also, I've added a new horse unit to the game, the Elven Steed. Wood elves have the fastest and most maneouverable mounts in the game;
KisFQda.jpg

Bestiary showcase for upcoming Hammerlord 0.4:
ULpUH68.jpg

From left to right: Black Orc, Forest Troll, Dragon Slayer, Rat Ogre, Arabyan Djinn, River Troll, Nurgle Spawn, Wood Elf Forest Giant, Orc Boss, Imperial Great Sword, Nurgling, Undivided Chaos Knight, Bloodletter, Wood Elf Wardancer
uB1Q0mW.jpg

Monsters are featured in encounter conversations:
xjxbEfr.jpg

0XCge8s.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I think I'm done now with 0.4 update. All skins across the game have been improved.

A battle between orc, goblins and dwarfs:
NHEKnN5.jpg

yYyPUAy.jpg

The new skin colour range: light green for goblins and trolls, dark green for orcs, darkest green for Black Orcs:
oBkm9Tt.jpg

vhW44e8.jpg

Here's a close up on Grimgor Ironhide in-game encounter (he's bigger than a troll!):
oqwMMs4.jpg

More battle pics:
uH1G3mo.jpg

8jMFQth.jpg

vpVznHN.jpg

NokDtOC.jpg

cgsYwuc.jpg

0ziWqAq.jpg

X6TKTjE.jpg

L3hlYxr.jpg

qXtHVOM.jpg

HrBGM0C.jpg

USh2UV6.jpg

Ps. all notables in the game have been updated to be lore specific. Orc wanderers and settlement notables in orc cities, for example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom