Users who are viewing this thread

An updated mod version for e1.3 has been published to Nexus, fingers crossed it works for everyone: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1288

Changelog:
  • Modifying Spcultures created too many problems for the mod. I've left this file alone for now, it doesn't change the game immersion very much, only some Encyclopedia entries.
  • Empire and Dwarf portraits have been updated to be more lore friendly.
  • Some troop stats have been changed based on advice from bertboy123 : Previously, Brettonian Foot Squire (T6) had riding instead of athletics. Wood Elf Spearman (T6) had riding instead of athletics. (Imperial) Archer (T2) had throwing instead of bow. Badlands Black Orc (T6) had bow instead of throwing. Arabyan Veteran Infantry (T6) had bow instead of throwing. Same for Brettonian Archers and Yeoman Sharpshooter. Next, I have to work out how to swap these to bows, not crossbows.

Last edited:
Currently under works: standalone Dwarf troop line.
B1LXkLc.jpg

Dwarfs are currently embedded within the Empire. I'm hoping to break them away soon into their own culture and troop line.

Last edited:
This looks like a wonderful idea to follow up on, how could we get updates on where this is going ?
Progress is slow. I've spent the past few days working on the relationship between Culture - Kingdom - Clan - Troops - Settlements. My goal is to introduce a standalone Dwarf culture into the game that isn't tied to the Empire culture. Something always crashes along the way, particularly when it comes to Culture. Applying a new culture to an existing settlement results in crashes, and creating new settlements is tricky. I'm doing everything I can find workarounds. I'm looking in to Adonnays Troop Changer as a temporary solution.

Progress is slow. I've spent the past few days working on the relationship between Culture - Kingdom - Clan - Troops - Settlements. My goal is to introduce a standalone Dwarf culture into the game that isn't tied to the Empire culture. Something always crashes along the way, particularly when it comes to Culture. Applying a new culture to an existing settlement results in crashes, and creating new settlements is tricky. I'm doing everything I can find workarounds. I'm looking in to Adonnays Troop Changer as a temporary solution.

Would there be anything we could do to help?

For example write up quests or plot lines, or any coding or something to help you out on this?

Really looking forward for this in game mod.

Last edited:
Would like be anything we could do to help, write up quests or plot lines, or any coding or something to help you out on this?
That's a great offer. I may have to create a roadmap to show potential steps forward and ways people can contribute.
It's a bit too early for quests and plot lines. I'm still trying to get the basic framework in place. I think I'm making some headway with ATC Troop Changer, I should hopefully have the figured out this week.

I believe that the mod has very great prospects, and also has all the prerequisites for multiplayer in the future.
It would be nice to add new weapons to the game as well. as much as the current "toolbox" allows
gS1Sd.jpg
rHeO9.jpg
QACpI.jpg
YlgIw.jpg
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Items>
<!-- #region Armors -->
<!-- #region Aserai Armors -->
<!-- #region Aserai Head Armors -->
<!-- #region Aserai Light Head Armors -->
<CraftedItem id="Orc simple cleaver"
name="Orc simple cleaver"
crafting_template="OneHandedSword">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="vlandian_blade_9"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="130" />
<Piece id="battania_guard_8"
Type="Guard" />
<Piece id="sturgian_grip_13"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="120" />
<Piece id="khuzait_pommel_2"
Type="Pommel" />
</Pieces>
</CraftedItem>
<CraftedItem id="Dwarf test hammer"
name="Dwarf test hammer"
crafting_template="Mace">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="mace_head_26"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="130" />
<Piece id="mace_handle_9"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="100" />
</Pieces>
</CraftedItem>
</Items>

I believe that the mod has very great prospects, and also has all the prerequisites for multiplayer in the future.
It would be nice to add new weapons to the game as well. as much as the current "toolbox" allows
gS1Sd.jpg
rHeO9.jpg
QACpI.jpg
YlgIw.jpg
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Items>
<!-- #region Armors -->
<!-- #region Aserai Armors -->
<!-- #region Aserai Head Armors -->
<!-- #region Aserai Light Head Armors -->
<CraftedItem id="Orc simple cleaver"
name="Orc simple cleaver"
crafting_template="OneHandedSword">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="vlandian_blade_9"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="130" />
<Piece id="battania_guard_8"
Type="Guard" />
<Piece id="sturgian_grip_13"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="120" />
<Piece id="khuzait_pommel_2"
Type="Pommel" />
</Pieces>
</CraftedItem>
<CraftedItem id="Dwarf test hammer"
name="Dwarf test hammer"
crafting_template="Mace">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="mace_head_26"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="130" />
<Piece id="mace_handle_9"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="100" />
</Pieces>
</CraftedItem>
</Items>
These are great! I've been thinking about this type of orc blade, it's great to see it in the game. Also, I've been searching through Bannerlord weapons to find impressive hammers. It's great to see your mace design.
Question: are you able to make a two handed mace/hammer? It's the missing ingredient I need to make a true Dwarf Hammerer.

Thanks goodness for Gauneer's BannerlordReimagined. It's the first mod I've tested that's enabled me to incorporate a new culture properly.
I was able to use this mod to set Dwarf armies up with the proper Dwarf Troops at the start of the game.

Here's a starting dwarf lord's army on the first day:
O51vGNX.jpg

I attacked the army, and was quickly shot down by quarrel and flaming bullets (thanks to bestmods168 for the Dwarf gun and bullets!)
okIPX4F.jpg

Here are the Dwarfs celebrating their victory over a lone upstart:
rNdh01x.jpg

QgxxSx9.jpg

q0gVauU.jpg

I now need to separate this culture and npc troop code from the settlement files which are integral to Gauneer's mod. I'll ask Gauneer if he is able to provide me a version of his mod without the settlements files. Fingers crossed.

These are great! I've been thinking about this type of orc blade, it's great to see it in the game. Also, I've been searching through Bannerlord weapons to find impressive hammers. It's great to see your mace design.
Question: are you able to make a two handed mace/hammer? It's the missing ingredient I need to make a true Dwarf Hammerer.
Im try to work with it on weekend

This has happened since closed beta. I tried to set the culture to neutral to prevent the clothes getting colored based on faction. It was so annoying that I finally decided to just change the native colors.

Anybody ever able to get mountable animals without using the horse skeleton and distorting the mesh? I would like to use mountable cows for a video of mine, but for sure the drawfs can use mountable pigs. I might be able to add some horn prefabs to the pigs. Then we'll have the hobbits.

Anybody ever able to get mountable animals without using the horse skeleton and distorting the mesh? I would like to use mountable cows for a video of mine, but for sure the drawfs can use mountable pigs. I might be able to add some horn prefabs to the pigs. Then we'll have the hobbits.
Mountable pigs would be a good start for Skaven and Goblins. I'm reluctant to mount Dwarfs in any way. It's just not a part of the lore. Not having cavalry is a major issue for Dwarfs in this game, but that's why we load their party templates with Quarrelers, Thunderers and Irondrakes.
I've got my eye on Hobbits as well. They would use the child NPC model!

Quick update: I've had good progress with updating the visuals for Dwarf troops, as well as introducing the first elements of Skaven. However, the game crashes for me if I enter Skaven villages (but not towns!). Culture continues to be a headache for me. I've asked Gauneer how this may be related to the special culture mod he's made for me.

While waiting for Dwarf and Skaven culture to hopefully be fixed up, I've gone back and started on quality-of-life for existing content.

First up is banners. There are so many high quality available on Reddit, and they're all built within the Bannerlord Banner code.

Here I've included ones I could find that fit the map:
TohLc71.jpg

Credit to the talented banner authors:
Diamasasus for his Greenskin, Kislev and Dwarf Kingdom banners
ChryoEhh for his Empire skull banner
TheDarkKnight1111 for his Brettonian King Banner
Definitive_Dude for his Middenland and Nuln Banner
Plutarch_von_Komet for his Tilea banner
Cgwiz for his Dwarf hold banners

I've contacted these creators for permission to use them in the next release. A particular thank you to Diamasasus for offering additional advice.

Also, I've worked out some issues with settlement ownership for Greenskins. The Greenskin factions are now more properly clustered. Previosuly, they were strung out in different pockets. This should help increase their long-term survival.

Back
Top Bottom