The 0.61 update introduces magic into Hammerlord. New magic troops include:

- Orc Shaman -
- Dawi Runepriest -
-Skaven Plague Priest and Grey Seer -
- Brettonian Grail Damsel -
- Empire Metal and Bright Wizards -
- Wood Elf Spellsinger -
- Chaos Sorcerer -

Unique magic items for selected characters are being added to the game, starting with:

- Karl Franz -
- Balthasar Gelt -
- Thorgrim Grudgebearer -
- Ungrim Ironfist -

This mod turns the world of Calradia into a popular fantasy tabletop world.

WL90qaZ.jpg

hvVdt4x.jpg

Zcfy8Ou.jpg

utY527V.jpg

TjN1ZBE.jpg

vpVznHN.jpg

Framuym.jpg

H9PYRaw.jpg

xjxbEfr.jpg

GQO5Y1r.jpg

zUwxOVs.jpg

Existing games cultures have been converted to lore-friendly versions:
  1. Battania -> Wood Elf
  2. Empire -> Empire
  3. Khuzait -> Orc
  4. Vlandia -> Brettonia
  5. Sturgia -> Norscans
Also, five new cultures have been introduced in version 0.2:
  1. Skaven
  2. Goblin
  3. Dwarf
  4. Tilea
  5. Kislev
Uzm1xSt.jpg

The current map of the Old World showing major towns:
9JO2Jog.jpg

A close-up of the Empire:
rzZhgOc.jpg

This mod changes settlements, lords, troop names and various text files.
PqvIvzf.jpg

U0kJTRm.jpg

pPupcoZ.jpg

clB3Xt6.jpg

YjHILYx.jpg

Kingdoms added to the game:Clans added to the game:
Greenskin Waaghs
  • Bad Axes Waaagh
  • Gorbad Ironclaw Waaagh
  • Grimgor Ironhide Waaagh
  • Grom the Paunch Waaagh
  • Mount Grimfang Waaagh
Dwami Kingdoms
  • Karak Ungor Hold
  • Karak Hirn Hold
  • Karaz-a-Karak Hold
Empire of Man
  • Grand Barony of Nordland
  • Grand County of Wissenland
  • Grand Duchies of Middenland and Middenheim
  • Grand Principality of Reikland
  • Grand Province of Talabecland
  • League of Ostermark

Norscan Tribes
  • Bjornling Realm
  • Decadent Host
  • Graeling Realm
  • Varg Realm
  • Skaeling Realm
Brettonian Dukedoms
  • Dukedom of Couronne
  • Dukedom of Aquitane
  • Dukedom of Carcassone
  • Dukedom of L'Anguille
  • Dukedom of Parravon
Wood Elf Kingdoms
  • High Realm of Talysn
  • High Realm of Modryn
Skaven Kingdom
  • Skaven Council of Thirteen

Other human kingdoms
  • Kingdom of Estalia
  • Kingdom of Kislev
  • Tilean Merchant Princes
  • Directorate of Marienburg
  • Sultanate of Arabya

Greenskin Tribes
  • Bad Axes Tribe
  • Frostfang Tribe
  • Grimfang Clan
  • Ironhide Tribe
  • Misty Mountain Tribe
  • Mount Gunbad Tribe
  • Swamprock Tribe
Dwami Clans
  • Duran clan
  • Granitehand Clan
  • Grimbrow Clan
  • Grudgebearer Clan
  • Grundadrakk Clan
  • Ironfist Clan
  • Ranulfsson Clan
Imperial Dynasties
  • Feuerbach Dynasty
  • Franz Dynasty
  • Hetwig Dynasty
  • Nikse Dynasty
  • Todbringer Dynasty
Norscan tribes and clans
  • Bjornling Tribe
  • Bonebreaker Warband
  • Graeling Tribe
  • Prince Sigvald's Worshippers
  • Ratagost's Warband
  • Steelfist's Warband
  • Varg Tribe
Brettonian Bloodlines
  • d'Alencon Royal Bloodline
  • d'Anguille Royal Bloodline
  • d'Aquitane Royal Bloodline
  • d'Bordeleaux Royal Bloodline
  • d'Couronne Royal Bloodline
  • d'Larret Royal Bloodline
  • d'Lyonesse Royal Bloodline
  • d'Montford Royal Bloodline
  • d'Parravon Royal Bloodline
Other human clans
  • Marienburg Burgermesiters
  • City State of Capelli
  • Principality of Luccini
  • Principality of Miragliano
  • Republic of Remas
  • Sepulveda Bloodline
Minor clans and mercenaries
  • Cult of Slaneesh
  • Cult of Tzeenthch
  • Brotherhood of Peasants
  • Grudgebringers
  • Leopold's Leopard Company
  • Norscan Hunting Pack
  • Northern Border Princes
  • Southern Border Princes
  • Wild wood elf troupe

5htdJ5t.jpg

Installation instructions

After downloading and extracting the rar file, you will find a Readme and two folders:

• Folder 1: A - Place these 3 folders into Modules folder
  • Folder 2: B - Manually place these files into respective folders

Do as the names of the folders instruct.

First, take the three folders within Folder A and place them in your Modules folder. That's where mod folders normally go.

Then, look inside 'B - Manually place these files'. This folder isn't to be loaded in your Modules loader. Instead, place the files inside this folder into their corresponding Bannerlord folders. Don't forget to first copy and save your original files!

Here's the file structure for my computer where I place the files:

• D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData
  • D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData\Languages
  • D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData
Once those files are placed, ideally use Vortex to load the following module order to start the game:

1. GoblinSkin ('Hammerlord Initial Load') needs to load first before Native, Custombattle, SandBox Core and StoryMode

2. AnimalsofWar should load after GoblinSkin ('Hammerlord Initial Load') but also before Native, Custombattle, SandBox Core, Sandbox and StoryMode.

3. Then load 'Hammerlord_Mod_2 a Bannerlord Mod' after Native, Custombattle, SandBox Core, Sandbox and StoryMode.

Here's an image of what it should look like in Vortex without any other mods installed:
DL8iEYE.jpg

This mod is compatible with many mods, as long as those mods don't touch the original singleplayer kingdom, culture, lord and settlement files. Best to turn off existing mods and add each one progressively. As Hammerlord is a total conversion, it needs to be your starting mod. Highly recommended with Cultured Start and Just Let Me Play.

Special thanks to these contributors

-Thank you eawtan for being such a reliable tester of the mod.

- Thank you Gauneer for the work you have done creating new cultures for this mod, as well as the advice you have provided. Extremely valuable. Check out some of his work: Bannerlord Reimagined and Bannerlord Kingdom Creator.

- The excellent work done by Nicholas Wetta with Goblin Empire and Dwarf Empire mods. This world would not feel right without the green skin colour.
Also, his Custom Mounts mod is amazing! Nicholas also discovered the Hideous Monster armour inside the game. Check out his latest work.

-Mad props to the mod team at Calradia Awakens, check them out for their amazing work.

- The handguns and flame weapons inside the game are made possible by BestMods168 thanks to his Hand Cannon Mod and Iron Drake mod, also for supplying ideas heavy weapons for giants. BestMods168 has also been really helpful for mesh integration ideas and suggestion. Check out BestMods168 YouTube channel for lots of great modding clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0webi_akI8FmaEsvjmaeGw

- Dad's 2Handed Maces and Poleaxes mod provided some much needed weapons that fit the lore of the game.

Credit to the talented banner authors on the Bannerlord Banners subreddit:

- Dimasassus for his many wonderful banners, including Skaven, Greenskin, Kislev and Dwarf Kingdom banners. Also for his banner guidance on Reddit.
- ChryoEhh for his Empire skull banner
- TheDarkKnight1111 for his Brettonian King Banner
- Definitive_Dude for his Empire banners
- Plutarch_von_Komet for his Tilea banner
- Cgwiz for his Empire and Dwarf hold banners

Other resources of note:

- Gitzman's Super Huge Detailed Warhammer map, assisting with location details
- Warhammer Fantasy Fandom Wiki - character, faction and background details
- Various Taleworld and Nexus mods, guides and FAQs available to the community. In particular the Kingdom Template mod by phakscion.
- Warsword Conquest (Mount&Blade) for spiritual inspiration.

On-going development can be found here:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/hammerlord.421204/

Last edited:
The Automatic Crossbow modder went MIA. Until he replies, this is what I got. Let me know what you think.
This uses the Shotgun Mod. I already received permission a long time ago and he also states it on his page.

I felt it need some kind of barrel to release the fire. You can always change it back to the hand cannon mesh.

The Automatic Crossbow modder went MIA. Until he replies, this is what I got. Let me know what you think.
This uses the Shotgun Mod. I already received permission a long time ago and he also states it on his page.

I felt it need some kind of barrel to release the fire. You can always change it back to the hand cannon mesh.

I love it. The pot is campy and fun. It also helps to differentiate it from hand-cannons. The flame looks freaking effective. This will also work very well for Skaven, who I am working on now.
Are you also able to provide the other flamethrower effect as well? It looked like a stream of fire. If so much firepower is overpowered, could the damage of each bolt be reduced for that weapon? I'm thinking that if Irondrakes are armed with both weapons, we'll have different styles of flames pouring out from them. It will look insane.

Amazing work. I am trying to get into modding, and I am currently changing troop trees only. Is there a better/faster way than writing down equipment ingame and then writing everything by hand into the xml file?

Also if you have any documentation about your great work it could be in depth tutorial material. Many can learn from you.

Amazing work. I am trying to get into modding, and I am currently changing troop trees only. Is there a better/faster way than writing down equipment ingame and then writing everything by hand into the xml file?

Also if you have any documentation about your great work it could be in depth tutorial material. Many can learn from you.

Thank you! Short answer, it's been a lot of pain and hundreds of game crash restarts. I've started from scratch with little mod experience. I'm not sure how much energy I have left over for guidance documentation. I'll probably need to give it some time.

Do you have two screens? The following method could work for you:
  • Have the game open in one screen. Check the encyclopedia of troops, as well as the market trading screen for towns, to find the gear that appeals to you.
  • In the other screen, use VisualStudio to search for the item names. a useful file is spnpcharacters.xml (equipment slot="X" attached to troops). You may have to try a few search variations, but usually the item in Visual Studio matches the name in the game. Once you've determined the item name, you can then move it around as you please to different troop trees.
  • I found I had to redesignate troops in XML (NPCCharacter id="X") in order for new equipment to appear. You can change other variables easily (their name, culture, face etc.) but equipment won't budge easily.

it's been a lot of pain and hundreds of game crash restarts

What a bummer, that's exactly my experience as well.

Do you have two screens? The following method could work for you:

Thanks for the reply, your workflow is very much alike to mine. I now started with making my own .xml files for items etc. seperated by my cultures for the sake of readability. Modding feels very tedious right now, but I want to be up to speed once (if) they release their modding tools.

It would be so cool if experienced modders created a crafting and troop tree maker client. Sadly I am far from proficient enough to build this myself.

Hammerlord 0.3 major update for Bannerlord e1.4.1 stable available

A major update that updates settlements, lords and troops.

Download mod on Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1288

The Kislev main troop tree has been re-worked.
It includes three main troop lines: Ungol, Kossar and Gospodar. Of note is the new Streltsi, a unit that wields a hand cannon and a polearm!:​

Rzu51tT.jpg

The Norscan troop tress have been changed.
Archers have been removed. A small Nurgling is now available before the larger Nurgle spawn. Notably, the Undivided Chaos Knight has been added to the game:
sLvhmhX.jpg

OfIDvDw.jpg

GQO5Y1r.jpg

5OoTgSG.jpg

The Black Orc and Skaven Storm Vermin make use of the new plate armour:

a5BsneB.jpg

pSIHW1V.jpg

Orc Big 'Un armour has been improved, plus other cosmetic changes for Orcs:

EJqjulv.jpg

0pfH1i4.jpg

New Dwarf weapons
The Dwarf Trollhammer sits alongside the Dwarf Irondrake in the Dwarf troop tree. Plus new hammers for the Dwarfs.

YjHILYx.jpg

Framuym.jpg

Wood Elf troop tree improvements
Wood Elves now have many more archer units in their core troop tree. Also, cosmetic changes have been made.

ODnEfaN.jpg

fNGt3Kq.jpg

babv3kq.jpg

I hope the mod works for you, enjoy.

Special thanks to these contributors

- Thank you Gauneer for the work you have done creating new cultures for this mod, as well as the advice you have provided. Extremely valuable. Check out some of his work: Bannerlord Reimagined and Bannerlord Kingdom Creator.

- The excellent work done by Nicholas Wetta with Goblin Empire and Dwarf Empire mods. This world would not feel right without the green skin colour! Nicholas also discovered the Hideous Monster armour inside the game. Check out his latest work.

- The handguns and flame weapons inside the game are made possible by BestMods168 thanks to his Hand Cannon Mod and Iron Drake mod. Check out BestMods168 YouTube channel for lots of great modding clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0webi_akI8FmaEsvjmaeGw

- Dad's 2Handed Maces and Poleaxes mod provided some much needed weapons that fit the lore of the game.

Credit to the talented banner authors on the Bannerlord Banners subreddit:

- Dimasassus for his many wonderful banners, including Skaven, Greenskin, Kislev and Dwarf Kingdom banners. Also for his banner guidance on Reddit.
- ChryoEhh for his Empire skull banner
- TheDarkKnight1111 for his Brettonian King Banner
- Definitive_Dude for his Empire banners
- Plutarch_von_Komet for his Tilea banner
- Cgwiz for his Empire and Dwarf hold banners

Other resources:

- Gitzman's Super Huge Detailed Warhammer map, assisting with location details
- Warhammer Fantasy Fandom Wiki - character, faction and background details
- Various Taleworld and Nexus mods, guides and FAQs available to the community. In particular the Kingdom Template mod by phakscion.
- Warsword Conquest (Mount&Blade) for spiritual inspiration.

An exciting first video review for Hammerlord. It's not in my native language, but I'll take it!

And yes, it does include a reference to 'Shrek' :fruity:. Some things appear to cross cultures.

r9japWb.jpg

Hammerlord 0.4 'Ogre Update'
for
Bannerlord e1.4.2 beta
now available for testing

Hammerlord 0.4 is a major update for Bannerlord settlements, lords and troops.

This update includes new skin modified, large sized humanoid monsters, revamped troop trees, and new notable characters for specific factions that needed it the most (Orcs, Goblins, Dwarfs, Wood Elfs etc.).

Download the mod on Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1288

0ziWqAq.jpg

SD46cB6.jpg

USwAYuS.jpg

xjxbEfr.jpg

0XCge8s.jpg

oqwMMs4.jpg

7lmMMsc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom