- Best answers
Hammerlord 0.61 'magic' update for Bannerlord e1.4.2 beta available
Download the mod on Nexus:
The 0.61 update introduces magic into Hammerlord. New magic troops include:
- Orc Shaman -
- Dawi Runepriest -
-Skaven Plague Priest and Grey Seer -
- Brettonian Grail Damsel -
- Empire Metal and Bright Wizards -
- Wood Elf Spellsinger -
- Chaos Sorcerer -
Unique magic items for selected characters are being added to the game, starting with:
- Karl Franz -
- Balthasar Gelt -
- Thorgrim Grudgebearer -
- Ungrim Ironfist -
This mod turns the world of Calradia into a popular fantasy tabletop world.
Existing games cultures have been converted to lore-friendly versions:
- Battania -> Wood Elf
- Empire -> Empire
- Khuzait -> Orc
- Vlandia -> Brettonia
- Sturgia -> Norscans
The current map of the Old World showing major towns:
A close-up of the Empire:
This mod changes settlements, lords, troop names and various text files.
|Kingdoms added to the game:||Clans added to the game:|
Other human kingdoms
After downloading and extracting the rar file, you will find a Readme and two folders:
- Folder 1: A - Place these 3 folders into Modules folder
- Folder 2: B - Manually place these files into respective folders
Do as the names of the folders instruct.
First, take the three folders within Folder A and place them in your Modules folder. That's where mod folders normally go.
Then, look inside 'B - Manually place these files'. This folder isn't to be loaded in your Modules loader. Instead, place the files inside this folder into their corresponding Bannerlord folders. Don't forget to first copy and save your original files!
Here's the file structure for my computer where I place the files:
- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData
- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData\Languages
- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData
1. GoblinSkin ('Hammerlord Initial Load') needs to load first before Native, Custombattle, SandBox Core and StoryMode
2. AnimalsofWar should load after GoblinSkin ('Hammerlord Initial Load') but also before Native, Custombattle, SandBox Core, Sandbox and StoryMode.
3. Then load 'Hammerlord_Mod_2 a Bannerlord Mod' after Native, Custombattle, SandBox Core, Sandbox and StoryMode.
Here's an image of what it should look like in Vortex without any other mods installed:
This mod is compatible with many mods, as long as those mods don't touch the original singleplayer kingdom, culture, lord and settlement files. Best to turn off existing mods and add each one progressively. As Hammerlord is a total conversion, it needs to be your starting mod. Highly recommended with Cultured Start and Just Let Me Play.
Special thanks to these contributors
-Thank you eawtan for being such a reliable tester of the mod.
- Thank you Gauneer for the work you have done creating new cultures for this mod, as well as the advice you have provided. Extremely valuable. Check out some of his work: Bannerlord Reimagined and Bannerlord Kingdom Creator.
- The excellent work done by Nicholas Wetta with Goblin Empire and Dwarf Empire mods. This world would not feel right without the green skin colour.
Also, his Custom Mounts mod is amazing! Nicholas also discovered the Hideous Monster armour inside the game. Check out his latest work.
-Mad props to the mod team at Calradia Awakens, check them out for their amazing work.
- The handguns and flame weapons inside the game are made possible by BestMods168 thanks to his Hand Cannon Mod and Iron Drake mod, also for supplying ideas heavy weapons for giants. BestMods168 has also been really helpful for mesh integration ideas and suggestion. Check out BestMods168 YouTube channel for lots of great modding clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0webi_akI8FmaEsvjmaeGw
- Dad's 2Handed Maces and Poleaxes mod provided some much needed weapons that fit the lore of the game.
Credit to the talented banner authors on the Bannerlord Banners subreddit:
- Dimasassus for his many wonderful banners, including Skaven, Greenskin, Kislev and Dwarf Kingdom banners. Also for his banner guidance on Reddit.
- ChryoEhh for his Empire skull banner
- TheDarkKnight1111 for his Brettonian King Banner
- Definitive_Dude for his Empire banners
- Plutarch_von_Komet for his Tilea banner
- Cgwiz for his Empire and Dwarf hold banners
Other resources of note:
- Gitzman's Super Huge Detailed Warhammer map, assisting with location details
- Warhammer Fantasy Fandom Wiki - character, faction and background details
- Various Taleworld and Nexus mods, guides and FAQs available to the community. In particular the Kingdom Template mod by phakscion.
- Warsword Conquest (Mount&Blade) for spiritual inspiration.
On-going development can be found here: