Half a year into EA and it's still impossible to just play TDM smoothly

Users who are viewing this thread

So why on earth does a TDM server still kick everyone off after a round? Too hard to code map rotation in 2020?

So ok, apparently I need to rejoin the server after every round. Fine. But then I can't, because the (new) TDM server doesn't show up in the list for 5 minutes.

Ok, then I try to auto-join via that server finder / match maker thing. It starts looking for servers, and because it can't find any and there is no 'cancel' button, I am stuck on that screen and I have to alt+f4 to get out.

Really, TW?

I agree with you i was playing TDM like 2 month ago and i literally quit playing TDM because things like that.
I want to play TDM smoothly and it makes my game freeze more than any mode even more than siege :smile:
the mode itself, the logic of it is very nice it can be my favorite mode if it'll be smoother.

I'll add that when I end up somewhere near the top of the scoreboard I like to look at it a bit to boost my ego, but almost always people just leave without waiting for the kick skewing the results. Ruins the moment every time.

We are trying out a solution to migrate players to the next server but I can not guarantee it yet.

We are trying out a solution to migrate players to the next server but I can not guarantee it yet.

Quick question: why do you have to create a new server every game? Why doesn't the Warband system work anymore? That seemed pretty functional and nice to me.

Quick question: why do you have to create a new server every game? Why doesn't the Warband system work anymore? That seemed pretty functional and nice to me.
Yes, kind of surprising that 10 years ago servers didn't seem to be an issue at all. And now with all the new techs, providers, internet improvements, it's impossible to make good servers?

My guess is that there's probably a technical reason (as in the game engine doesn't allow for a smooth transition from one match to another). Otherwise they probably would have already done it. I do however hope that the issue is resolved smoothly, otherwise custom servers are going to be a pain in the ass to manage (whenever we get them).

My guess is they made something fancy that automatically creates single-round instances depending on online player numbers. So servers don't drain players like BF1 and players end up scattered over several half-full servers.

They should just get rid of that for custom listed servers though... This is the matchmaking console trend ruining the lives of old-school PC players.

Thanks for the reply, happy to hear!

Back
Top Bottom