Had i known development was going to be this slow for the single-player experience, i wouldn't have bought Bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Where and when, may I ask? I only remember a mexxico's statement that they don't know what features from WB will be added to Bannerlord. Who said that they won't add any WB features at all?

It´s the fanboys of course TW will not add any new (old) features.

People like to say wild-ass **** though, so devs eventually either burn out or become tyrannical in their moderation as a means of dealing with it. Last time I participated in a closed beta test (not for BL), the devs admitted that their actual official forums were blocked the office and only the CMs were looking through them. I don't think that is the case here but I'm pretty sure Armagan just burned out on it.

It is inferred.

You know that they get paid instead of modders? TW should pay modders...seems like modders are more compentent that TW.

If I do a ****ty job my customers are also telling me that I suck.

You know that they get paid instead of modders?

None of them are paid to interact with us except Callum though. I know that I'm not so enthused about my work that I'll interact with customers of my own volition, and I'm willing to bet like 90% of people feel the same way. So why do we expect game developers to?

I'm also disappointed. No clue how you managed to misinterpret a short post like that so badly.

Jesus Christ
Misinterpret? How can one misenterpret a post saying 'Oh, they had no money to develop the game further, that' s why they sold full price EA, give them some love, people.'

And by the way, you haven't answered a question I politely asked. Would be very kind of you to tell where (and from who) have you seen a statement about no WB feature adding.

After the last update which is all about multiplayer, and which i never use, i'm truly disappointed.

Well, considering how the vast majority of changes so far have been to the SP campaign, it feels fair that the MP crowd got a few treats for once.

Where is the new content for the single-player game?

The hunger for new content is understandable, but I think it's a good sign that they are trying to fix bugs and other issues before implementing new features and systems. It just seems like a wise move even though it can be a tad annoying for the players to see patch after patch with tiny tweaks.

I bought two copies of this and i honestly wish i hadn't.

Yeah, no, buying two copies of an EA game seems like a mistake to me. That being said, I've had more than a hundred enjoyable hours for the price of two cinema trips, so I still consider it a good purchase even if it could be better. Hopefully, once the bugfixes and other issues are sorted out, we'll see something more major.

The hunger for new content is understandable, but I think it's a good sign that they are trying to fix bugs and other issues before implementing new features and systems.
They´re doing this since EA release.

What new content did they add?

- some new perk trees to replace the placeholders (some of the new perks are still not working)
- 1 scene for a castle
- the "create kingdom" button
- some repetitive quest´s

That´s it I guess.

They´re doing this since EA release.

What new content did they add?

- some new perk trees to replace the placeholders (some of the new perks are still not working)
- 1 scene for a castle
- the "create kingdom" button
- some repetitive quest´s

That´s it I guess.
You forget whole bunch of new items, several new menu sub systems, a new conversation system, a new xp system and kingdom choices and an inheritance system. Plus i think i forgot several other things.

but I think it's a good sign that they are trying to fix bugs and other issues before implementing new features and systems.
Them "fixing" bugs and issues that come with their current systems (most agree need to either just be replaced entirely or worked on, instead of implementing / overhauling new and existing ones, shows they aim to settle with what they have and call it finished, which I think is what the community, myself included, has rightly been afraid of since the closed beta.

Ergo it's not a good sign unless they're just playing around and seeing what sticks. I could be, and hopefully am wrong.. but I doubt it.

Them "fixing" bugs and issues that come with their current systems (most agree need to either just be replaced entirely or worked on, instead of implementing / overhauling new and existing ones, shows they aim to settle with what they have and call it finished, which I think is what the community, myself included, has rightly been afraid of since the closed beta.

Ergo it's not a good sign unless they're just playing around and seeing what sticks. I could be, and hopefully am wrong.. but I doubt it.

Exactly. I don't you could have distilled this sentiment any simpler. Well done.

Doesn't common sense dictate that it's better to fix what you currently have before adding new things? What gives you the idea of them not implementing new features once they have finished working on the current ones?

Doesn't commonsese dictate that it's better to fix what you currently have before adding new things? What gives you the idea of them not implementing new features once they have finished working on the current ones?

Yeah, if anything they haven't been fixing things that we know are just placeholders, like the broken perks that have been broken since release and we now know will be replaced.

Really the only thing they "fix" that I think may be a waste of time are the parameters in the simulation, since new features could make those irrelevant, but even then it still makes it more playable as it stands when they release fixes to economy etc.

Doesn't common sense dictate that it's better to fix what you currently have before adding new things?
No, at least not if what you're going to fix, or more accurately polish, is likely to be scrapped completely because it's such an inherently unenjoyable feature / system that the community has been demanding it be scrapped completely from the moment it was shown to them.
And also, you don't need to fix literally every single small technical issue when you already claim to be actively developing and testing, which in my mind translates to just having a general idea of how well new features and the like harmonize when implemented and, if you deem said new features worth implementing and polishing because they are well thought out and executed, you, well, get to implementing and polishing said feature.

And at that point you're already more competent alone than the entire Bannerlord developing team because you didn't waste half a year doggedly insisting on making an inherently flawed system somehow work.

Conclusion: One doesn't "polish" something for this long and this thoroughly UNLESS:
- one has definitely decided on sticking with that thing.
- one has a sense of foreplanning comparable to that of a 4 year old, not of the human kind.

One tragic example is the class system in MP, which if I remember correctly is confirmed to stay. You can balance and polish it, ignore and deny criticism but that won't make the system any less daft.

What gives you the idea of them not implementing new features once they have finished working on the current ones?
Because the current ones I'm talking about are what there actually is to talk about, which are very basic and fundamental parts and systems of the game; New features will be limited in scope to what we currently have: inherently flawed mechanics the developers incomprehensibly seem to cling onto, and this to me is a worrisome thought.

Last edited:
Doesn't common sense dictate that it's better to fix what you currently have before adding new things? What gives you the idea of them not implementing new features once they have finished working on the current ones?

Coding often doesn't follow common sense. Trying to make the game playable and stable at every stage of development can make it far harder to progress. The expectation that they have to have a patch ready every month or so is going to make them much less likely to take risks, and one of those risks is ripping up the whole damn thing and clearing out the mess (something that some coders in taleworlds suggested to the management years ago)

Coding often doesn't follow common sense. Trying to make the game playable and stable at every stage of development can make it far harder to progress. The expectation that they have to have a patch ready every month or so is going to make them much less likely to take risks, and one of those risks is ripping up the whole damn thing and clearing out the mess (something that some coders in taleworlds suggested to the management years ago)
They shouldn´t sell the game for a triple AAA price then. You knowm they can sell it for 20€ too if they´re to incompent to make it.

They sold it for that price because they know people have no self control and will buy a long anticipated game even if their subconscious is screaming at them that it'll be rubbish. They were also helped along by the fact that everyone's at home and terminally bored, and will play almost anything that wastes their time.

Strictly objectively Bannerlord is an average or an above-average game, but by M&B standards and the standards of VC, It's a massive disappointment compared to the experience all of us were hoping for. It's not like this has never been done before.
I Understand your point. For me, I lowered my expectations due to many interviews and reviews of the game before EA. Therefore, I have a more optimistic view of this game. At the end (on full release), I will be happy with the results.

I'm just disappointed we won't be seeing the cool things that where in Viking Conquest or Warband and promised in devlogs.

No Ships.
No memorable companions.
No Instigating war.
No Duels. (And with viking conquest taking the lords gear after a win or forcing him as a prisoner)
No Plotting.
No Manors.
Villages into Castles. (Which is in the 1257 mod in warband check that out!)

As long as we are in EA, features can be added; after that, its another story; I quoted you as duels is pretty possible, in the quest spy among us, you actually duel the NPC you pick out. So its just up to TW to add the event option somewhere.

If this is a feature complete game, I'm pretty sure nobody will buy it at release. Steams scores will be killed, doom. but it's not feature complete; and referring to posts of a developer who is not perfect English, and drawing conclusions from it, is ... sad. The result will be no other employees will join the board and updates will come through the normal (slow and vague) channels.

1) Ships were never promised im pretty sure, only devblog i can remember mentioning them, said they were planning a future DLC that might have ships.
2) I think the new companion system is a massive improvement once the lvling experience is fixed. The old one just turned into the same hunt every game to be companion complete, it became a tedious task, that ended up with me getting mods, that just put all companions in the starter city.
3) You can instigate a war, just attack a village or caravan or army, plus they have said that der will come a diplomatic way to do it aswell, so that ones just a lie.
4) duels is such a minor "feature"
5) plotting? im pretty sure there will be quests with that, just look at the empty conversation options with lords, clearly not a complete system yet
6) dont know what they mean by manors, not a feature form warband or VC thats for sure, unless they mean the empty system of "building" "buildings" in villages and castles, as close to a non feature as it comes.
7) villages into castles just sound completely balancing and game breaking, might aswell implement crossbows into machine guns. So not a basegame thing and never mentioned in devblogs so thats for sure. So yet another bad faith post.

Back
Top Bottom