Hæringar [EU Norðmenn bande, formerly 'the Haraz']

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm receded, not thinned, so I'm out of the equation. Read carefully before you get your hopes up next time, you ginger bummer you.  :grin:

Update: Update work is happening. So I've put in an update post about the update so you know that we're updating whilst we update.

/nod.

In more detail: We've decided to drop the Normant persona as it was a one-off for an event and thus we don't believe it is relevant to us anymore - we much prefer fighting on foot as Norðmenn. We're working to get our members to have their name listed along with a small biography for their persona, as well as padding out the tale of the Haraz. So... yeah. Work is being done!

Threadbanner3.jpg:original
May someone tell me what meaning the Þurisaz on your banner bears? I am especially curious about it because it is displayed on Mjölnir.

Hospes fori said:
I am especially curious about it because it is displayed on Mjölnir.

I presume it's just there to make it look more stylish - the þorn is the first letter of Þórr, so I guess it makes sense to have it on Mjölnir.

In truth the final version was not meant to have it on it, I just uploaded the wrong one & didn't realise. I suppose I could wing it in the way Dansk put it, but I'll put the correct one up there now. Thanks for pointing it out :smile:

Rath0s said:
"Rathos"  He was a god, he is a god and will always be a god.
It would be interesting to know what kind of god Rathos is. What is his occupation?

Dansk viking said:
I presume it's just there to make it look more stylish - the þorn is the first letter of Þórr, so I guess it makes sence to have it on Mjölnir.
That is an interesting idea. I did not think about that myself. Yet Þurisaz as symbol for Þórr seems to me in the historical context a bit unlikely. Did Scandinavian people use initial letters as abbreviations anyway or is it a completely modern manner? As far as I know Þurisaz has a more negative connotation than other runes because it is primarily associated with þursar. Due to this association I was especially wondering about its use combined with Mjölnir (cf. Þrymr).

rapier17 said:
Thanks for pointing it out :smile:
I am glad I have been of use. Accidentally at your service!

Looking good!

It would be interesting to read a story about how exactly you guys earned the name Haraz, presumably while fighting in Francia or Normandy, now that there's no Norman side to your clan. So, go write it!

(By the way, you might want to use the Old Norse form Hæringar rather than the Old English Haringas)

Back
Top Bottom