Gun wankery

Users who are viewing this thread

Seff

Cool Hand Luke
Duke
Let's play with our guns. I'll start with this: Direct impingement is a bad choice for service weapons, due to excessive fouling and wear due to heat expansion. Blowback or piston driven is superior for service weapons.

For those not interested in the above: What's your favorite gun, and why?

I was going to joke about my penis and it's "ammunition", but it just seemed too obvious.

I'll find the door myself.

Seff said:
Gun wankery
:grin:
Seff said:
Let's play with our guns.
:smile:

:???: So it's about actual guns, is it?
Don't have one, don't ever want one. But the colt m1911 government is hawt.
naamlooske.png

20 pounds, 20 rounds. :razz:

The action was inverted and reused for the M240, which is still going strong. John Moses Browning knew how to make 'em.

Seff said:
Let's play with our guns. I'll start with this: Direct impingement is a bad choice for service weapons, due to excessive fouling and wear due to heat expansion. Blowback or piston driven is superior for service weapons.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you just said. And yes, I think we should invade China too, since we're already doing Iraq and Afghanistan.

Seff said:
I am interested in the above, but did not understand it. Favourite gun? No idea. :razz:

BUgger, at least 11 ninja's because I keep not noticing that I'm being ninja'd which means my posts don't appear.

"Punch of an assault rifle" my ass. 4.6x30mm has 468 J at best, and even 5.56x45mm has 1,679 J at worst. They only get more powerful from there on.

i don't really care much about how guns work but the Ak-47, the SMLE and the Mas 36 are all cool lookin. Though it is proving really hard to find a pre-Indochina Mas 36 for reenacting...

FR%20MAS%2036%201%B0%20type-VD-WEB.JPG

Back
Top Bottom