Gun wankery

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol:
M1nXXF7.jpg

The first prototype of these looks like something some amateur machinist would make in his garage (though I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all), but the more refined one is very pretty indeed. I don't like that the slide interferes with holding the rifle, but apart from that, I think it's really cool. Somebody in the comments said that these guns match patents made by a guy who worked on designing the Lewis Gun.

Will post some later.

Later is now.

As far as i'm aware it is based on an 1859 indian pattern enfield though it is a few inches short. (A type of enfield designed to arm a native force in india whilst keeping the British troops at a technological advantage in case of another munity. This type of enfield was made smoothbore with the adjustable sights removed.)

There are no makers/proofing marks on it save for the 1588 on the stock, which I presume is just a production number.

It's battered and bruised. Needs some love on most of it. Apparently the previous owner passed away and it was being sold on by relatives who didn't know what sort it was, neither did the shopkeepers.

The lock does work, however the ramrod is stuck in the furnishing, which I believe has just happened with age. The ramrod tip itself being abit narrow of a repro-rod.

htiNu.jpg

UWKGt.jpg

3c2zW.jpg

Other than all that, It looks and feels fairly nice. Also snagged it for £220. Which is pretty good considering most repro's i've seen of muskets tend to be 400+.

Hey guys. I’m really keen on getting to use a gun (for recreational purposes) during the time I’ll spend in the UK and the US. Never used one before. I feel I’m interested in semi-auto rifles. Any beginner tips? Which guns could you guys recommend?

Back
Top Bottom