GUIDELINE, Installing & F.A.Q. (1755 v. 3.2)

Radetzky

Count
Best answers
NEW:
Let s Play 1755!!! (thx to Evilnobleman)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lif3_6DpJp8&list=PLD7B48F984600A57C&index=1

Dear Visitor
Have you ever though, why there is no single player mod with muskets gun powder and cannons? If yes, 1755 Old Frontier Mod is something exactly for you.
Taking place during French and Indian war, it’ll bring you the joy of fighting with weapons more modern than swords and crossbows.
Now, imagine a deep forest. You are the leader of British infantry. You slowly advance with your troops, meanwhile... enemy! You and your mates start to fire in the mass of the infantry of enemy advancing against you, they are coming closer you have to use bayonet and send several enemies to heaven .. or hell. They are decimated, quick, start counter attack! Your soldiers are running through the forest very fast, as they are chasing the enemy. That’s like are the battles in 1755 mod.
This great mod was made by Gabrilduro and his team! The full credits are to see on end of the guide.
BEFORE playing be sure to visit M&B WB Wiki
http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

Installing 1755 on your Pc, by Dellivis
I tried to make this as simple as possible to help out those having issues with where to install the newly downloaded Zipped folder. Hope this helps all newcomers who want to try this mod, but are afraid/worried they won't install it right.
Note: I use Winrar and not 7-zip but process should be basically the same
I use a separate folder for all my downloads if you notice at the top of my screen my path shows M&B Mods. I place all zipped/unzipped files there in case of a need to reinstall a mod/file and I won't have to go searching the internet to get a new download

Step 1: select your unzipped mod/file

Step 2: Unzip or Extract here so my file will be located right underneath the zipped

Step 3: now you should have a folder underneath your zipped file

Step 4. Cut or Copy the folder (again I like to copy instead of cutting just because in case of a reinstall its one less step I will have to do)

Step 5: Locate your Mount and Blade folder and then open it

Step 6: Find your Module and open

Step 7: Paste your folder inside the module folder (yours should have just "Native" Folder inside it

Step 8: once you've done that close your explorer and open up M&B Warband and check to see if you did it showed up.

If it did, Congratulations! You have just installed the mod correctly!
This is how you install Mods for M&B warbands. Just remember, all new mods you add to the game go in the Module folder.

What can you see in this mod?
SOME PICS:

http://img51.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb388.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb390.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb9pt.jpg

Whats new in this mod?
-New function of Manage Garrison to get Farmers from villages that you own, and leave troops there (no defending villages value, though)
-Gabrilduro's Showdowns and Rendezvous (old arenas and melee fights) Play them as battles, giving orders to your small team.....
-Cannons to carry and drop down (use "drop object" button. Is just for visual purpose)
-New Gabrilduro Artillery Sabre. To use close to a "Drop down" cannon (it shoots like a rifle, press x to use it as a melee super sabre)
-UNCAS, the Indian Scout, spawns with you from start, as Body Guard!!!!
-buy a ship (ONLY in Towns close to Sea)
-HUGE travel in Sea with ship
-Pirates all over the Sea, chasing and attacking your ship!!!
-Sea battle scene REALLY gorgeus (IMPORTAN: if chased by a ship, disenbarking and attacked, you will spawn on LAND, instead!!) ALWAYS TRY TO GET RID OF CAVALRY DURING SEA BATTLES, OR IT WILL GET MESSY!
-Zeldar secret Island, south of Pirate Town, in which you have to find a Secret chest FULL of Powerful and nice stuff.
-Cuban locations and band of robbers and Indios!!
-New wild beasts, such as Bisons, Wolves and Bears, all attacking you, until they are seriously HURT (when read Hurt Animal, he will not attack anymore)
-LILLY, the good HERO wolf, You can have Lilly and some Free Hunters for free visiting Gaston Trappers village. Just command her as normal troop (rename her in Troops Groups as Lilly, to command her separately from Cavalry, ok?)

First step for everyone is to choose gender, face, coat of arms and skills.
Enemies are tough sometimes, so Gabrilduro made your starting skills higher.
For modding reasons you start as an indian, but you can modify your character and equipment after the first bandit fight.
Then you have to choose where would you like to arrive. For the beginning of campaign it's easier to try to join some faction. You will come to one of 6 cities,where you ll be attacked by a bandit. In most of location there is a chest close to you. Open it and choose the best weapons modders put there for you!
After your win you' ll be on the New world map.

The world map
http://img23.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb34g.jpg

Hint to change in game the BATTLEFIELD MAP
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163993.msg3968213.html#msg3968213

Naturally you don't need to join faction, but you' ll have a very hard life on in the beginning, being chased by bandits, paying debts and so on.

The factions in 1755 v. 3.0 are:

Great Britain
France
British frontier
French frontier
Wild frontier
Spain

The pros and cons of the factions are:

Great Britain
- troops are elite , but quite expensive
- 3 special faction Heroes: Standard bearer, Messenger and Artillery man (no cannon, sorry)
- all troops have muskets
- you start with war already on beginning

France
- Not as big land as other factions
- 3 special faction Heroes: Standard bearer, Messenger and Artillery man (no cannon, sorry)
- all troops have muskets
- you start with war already on beginning

French frontier
- you can recruit both indians and europeans
- not all Indians have musket
- some indians have deadly tomahawks
- some indians have spears- disaster for cavalry
- indian troops are weak on defense

British frontier
- you can recruit both indians and europeans
- indian troops are weak on defense

Wild frontier

- you can see the fight from the sight of indians
- you cant recruit european troops
- indian troops are weak on defense BUT deadly and very fast in sudden melee attacks
-this faction is at war with everyone, so if you like constant fighting, it is something for you!

Spain
- you can recruit cavalry only in this faction (historical and due to different terrain)
- you will be often engaged by pirates

After you join some faction, you will get village. You should care good of the villagers, if you want to get money.

How can I get money?
-you'll get money from villages, towns, and forts if you own them
-you can sell armor and weapon of enemies, and them too, if you capture them.
-you can be a "businessman"- talk with a town's mayor and you can buy mill, distillery and many others, from which you'll get money every week
-if you finish some quest, you'll get money
-make Trappers fights (old tournament and melee fights) and get some money.
-you can attack enemy caravans to obtain expensive commodities (gun shipments, cotton bales, indigo, and tobacco) and later sell them in towns for pure profit.

http://img204.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb13j.jpg

How to get stronger army and better skills, when I have now few troops and I am often beaten by bandits?

-follow lords and marshals-bandits will run away from them, if you will help them in battle or sieges, it will improve relations, morale, skills and honour. Plus you can get money.
-doing quests for villages will get you more recruits and higher tier recruits, sometimes both.  The more the village likes you the more this happens.

I saw cannon in the battle, but i cant fire it, why??
You can. All you need is Ramrod or hand cannon and its ammo. First way to get it is to search every shop for long time and then maybe you will find it. Second easier, go to Philadelphia , and search near the suburbs, you will find small hidden chest and voila, it has both Ramrod and hand cannon and its ammo. Now you can go near cannon and fire the cannon, use the ramrod normally like every rifle

http://img405.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb10w.jpg

Are Sieges all the same as in native?

I go to world map and i waited a few sec.. then it say Fraction eliminated, why?
Because all MP factions spawn in SP at start.

i noted a bug where straight out of the armor shop a Spanish armor uniform *don't know what its called* has 350 weight
Gab spent days on rebalacing all those weights, and some uniforms make you move really slower on purpose, like some Dragoon boots and so on....Indians outfits are the best to move around, and they still have some good protection, because I wanted to show in some way their MIMETIC look, which helped a lot in covering and being missed, compared to RED or BLUE Uniforms....So use the spanish armor only on horse!

What are differences between muskets
There are 2 main factor for muskets:
- accuracy (this value shows) and distance you can fire at (this value is hidden).
If you want to have kills on long distances, buy Rifled musket, if it is too slow, buy Pennsylvania rifle.
If you want to have good weapon for medium range, try dragoon and Jäger rifles. If you like shooting enemies from 1 meter in face, try "big pistols", etc. The rest of muskets are somewhere between these.
Some have bayonets. Press x to switch to melee. But remember you can ALWAYS parry with most of weapons, without switching to melee. Even knives!!
For sieges, use pre-loaded bunches of guns; the "10 muskets set" and 10 pistols set. They are heavy because they consist of 10 items, and will slow you down, but they are very useful!!

What are the grenades for?
They are very deadly and lethal! Just don't throw them on your feet!
Aim higher and on the right of your enemies (watch your allies!!). See pics below.
Cannons aiming is the same, remember.

http://img90.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb120.jpg

I bought cheapest pistol but i cant fire it!
Next time check if there is written melee or shield next to it, this pistol is used as shield for melee fights and gives you that "double guns" killer look :wink: .

Why do I start with Indian equipment?
For modding reasons you start as an Indian; However, most of the locations there is a chest close to you. Open it and choose the best weapons/outfit that modders put there for you!

I took an indian witcher/officer/artilleryman,etc. as prisoner, but i can't sell him or free him
Well, about those charachters (like some factions special "One man" troops, you can get them but not use them, and you will collect only one, even if you capture thousands of them. But......if you free one of them fighting some enemies.....he will probably join you!!

Why are there Pistol pairs or muskets with 10 shots? its not realistic
The weapon you fire is actually representing 2 (or 10) of said firearms. the idea behind it(multiple muskets) is for defending sieges (you would have many guns preloaded to save you time during the fight). It wasn't uncommon of people carrying 2 or more pistols into a firefight. Pirates were well known to carry multiple pistols and melee weapons into the fray as a historical example.
The weight of those items is very high, of course!

Why does Indian items have such high armor?

To represent the terrible effect that FEAR had on white people when attacked by indians, which couldn't be made in a different way....but had to be represented because WAS there! Aiming, reloading, no panic behavior, were VERY difficult in a SUDDEN indians ambushing attacks.
But also, in order to offset the damage that is caused by the muskets. "Eastern" indians were massively armed by European factions, in change for their fighting in French Indian war (see The Last of Mohican movie the many muskets those indians had!!) But, besides those tribes, remember that most Indians only gained a rifle 2 ways: Killing a person with said weapon or through trade, so in order for Indians to survive an attack and create an "ambush/TERROR" like setting, the team wanted the items to have a higher armor. If not, the Indians as a faction would be very weak and most likely be overrun in a short time.

I cant hit anything from running horse.
Slow down or stop, especially if your skills on horseback are still low.
Increasing "crossbow" skills, all your shooting will improve.

When i encounter enemy, I always get bullet/tomahawk/arrow in face!

Keep on moving, especially on sides and attack quickly while enemies reload!

How can i win against stronger opponents?
Set your men on hill and don't let them charge or if alone, hide in the broken fort (when spawns) or in the small hideouts Gabrilduro made around the battlefield (and find the two hiding inventory chests to reload or change your weapons/equipment. If you stand close to one of those, you get enormous advantage!

http://img810.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb6l.jpg

How can I make Double Lines Formations?
Do yourself a double line formation ordering:

Group 1 : name it -1st line infantry-
Group 2 : name it -2nd line infantry-

First of all press CTRL+F9 to slow down game and get your time to give orders.

Then:
To make troops move faster, order quickly to HOLD fire, or they will loose time in shooting and reloading, before moving to position.

Order to ALL troops Spread out (VERY important, or the line behind will NOT shoot because the line in front is too close)
Then,  order to 1st group to hold position somewhere facing enemies, BETTER on a HILL.
Then to 2nd group order to hold position , right BEHIND THEM and in higher position, if possible, so they can shoot with no obstacles, in front of them.

Order to all troops to OPEN fire!!!!!!!!!!
How can I get free camera after death?
It is possible to have an after death camera in 1755, but you need to be VERY fast:
As soon as you get killed, you have THREE seconds to press CTRL+E, to enter edit mode.
Then press H to remove strange colors around.
You are in After DEATH camera mode, keep pressed left mouse button to move around camera, using directional commands.
The A.I of game will automatically kill some of your men, due to loss of morale from you being knocked out, so if you had only a few, you ll lose automatically. But if they are still in good number, you'll see battle going on to the end......
Press CTRL+F9 to slow down action and see it better.

SOME STRATEGY from Saboteur:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,174848.0.html

When marshal starts campaign, I don't know where is he and what to do.
View the game menu notes, it will show both.

What are the Trappers fights, Gabrilduro's Showdowns and Rendezvous and how to win?
They are to represent wild trappers battles, for nationality hates, furs possession or simply for too much ....liquor!!!
Modders made them in the open, with beautiful scenes and covers.
So run, hide, hit and kick wisely and.... you will win.
If you want to earn 770 shillings, go to Arenas (name will be changed to Wild or Frontier fights !!) in towns and try to beat all opponents!

Future of Trapper fights in 1755:
Arena:                        Mysterious Quest OR Secret Showdowns or Secret Fights
Tournaments:            Showdowns
Tournament Master: Mysterious Man (all in black with masked tricorne on)

It cant just be named Trappers Fights or Rendez-vous cause Gab will make different scenes, as well:

-Pirate Lair
-Sewer Dungeons (few Big Cities as New york had them at that time)
-Open nature with eventually some small fortifications and else.
-Sea battles on ships scene

Detailed look at the trapper fights:
http://img830.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb5ps.jpg

What can I do with prisoners?
-set them free
-sell-to ransom broker or tavern keeper
-keep them in your prisons in towns and forts

http://img218.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb79.jpg

I don't want to cut enemies and shoot them!
-you can always earn money as merchant, buying goods in one town and selling in another,... but the beginnings will be tough.

(So important that we repeat this one)
It is possible to have an after death camera in 1755?:
Yes, but you need to be VERY fast.  As soon as you get killed, you have THREE seconds to press CTRL+E, to enter edit mode.
Then press H to remove strange colors around.
You are in After Death camera mode, keep the left mouse button pressed to move the camera around, using directional commands.
The A.I of game will automatically kill some of your men, due to loss of morale from you being unconscious, so if you had only a few troops, you ll lose automatically. But if they are still in good number, you'll see the battle going on to the end......
Press CTRL+F9 to slow down action and see it better.

CHEATS and different gameplay
Do you have problems with some part of the game? Are you stuck? Want to experiment different gameplay (slow motion action, horse sudden stop, see your hero fight with his A.I. etc)
Here are some cheats
AI takes over you character in battles
CTRL+F5

Completely heals you
CTRL+H

Completely heals your horse
CTRL+Shift+H

Damage yourself
CTRL+F3

Gives experience to the selected party member
CTRL+X

Gives you 1000 XP in the character screen
CTRL+X

Greatly increases all of your weapon proficiencies
CTRL+W

In the inventory it gives you 1000 Gold
CTRL+X

Knock unconscious all enemy troops
Ctrl+Alt+F4

Knocks out all enemies zoomed into. (Holding shift and looking at)
Ctrl+Shift+F4

Knocks out all of your troops
Ctrl+Shift+F6

Knocks out one of your troops
Ctrl+F6

Knocks unconcious an enemy after a number of presses
CTRL+F4

Let's you see everything except hideouts on the World Map
CTRL+T

On the World Map, teleports your party to where you click
CTRL+Left Click

Slow Motion (Press again to turn on or off)
CTRL + F9

Upgrade all available units to that path.
Ctrl + Left Click

As for end, make your army as you want, small, big, elite, made from recruits, same troops or a variety of them. Don't forget to recruit some companions at taverns, they will help you with their skills and you can think of the devs they are named after as well.

Full credit to all 1755 Old Frontier helpers and supporters

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Rad, you did a GIANT job, mate and I will never forget it! You have my "indian" word!
Thx so much for such a nice made and complete guide. You saved me so much work, really.....you support me and my team with words but action as well.
I stickyed your topic already (hope I don t get buthered again about too many stickys ) and I m going to unlock it as well. I want ppl to compliment your job all day long!!! hehehehe
Honored to have you as my supporter/helper/friend !!!
Gabby

PS I edited some little things and added some more info :wink:

shadowarcher

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNW
Best answers
Well written and very informative, bravo sir bravo!  :grin:, this will help all new players understand the mod better.

Best answers
Ah, bravo! Bravo, bravissimo; Ah, bravo! Bravo, bravissimo!!
leaving Largo Al Factotum  aside. very good guide that helped me to understand how the weapons worked.

Radetzky

Count
Best answers
wow thanks all! I didnt expect so many positive responses! :grin:
And thanks to Gabby for editing some sentences to add more informations!

Radetzky

crumbs

Sergeant Knight
WB
Best answers
Such a nice thing to make.  Thank you. 

One thing off the top of my head is that the Wild Frontier is at war with everyone.  This would be a good faction for those who like to constantly battle.

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
crumbs said:
Such a nice thing to make.  Thank you. 

One thing off the top of my head is that the Wild Frontier is at war with everyone.  This would be a good faction for those who like to constantly battle.
True! hehehehe
Crumbs:... me, you and Radestky, have full control of it. So feel free to add or modify some issues and correct my...english :mrgreen:
Rad, best compliments once again mate!!!!!! And THX so much.  :wink:
Gabby

Radetzky

Count
Best answers
Thanks crumbs, that info about wild frontier added plus few my spelling errors corrected

And thanks again Gab  :grin:, I was happy that i can help you at least this way, when i cant mod.

Radetzky

OXnBUCKSWildman

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNW
Best answers
This guide is excellent.
The mod is excellent.
The team is excellent.
I absolutely love what you've accomplished here and cannot wait for the final product. When do you suppose the next update will be released?

Auldman

Knight at Arms
M&BWF&S
Best answers
OXnBUCKSWildman said:
This guide is excellent.
The mod is excellent.
The team is excellent.
I absolutely love what you've accomplished here and cannot wait for the final product. When do you suppose the next update will be released?
It's close to a new update. Just some last minute stuff being hashed out and we should have a release in the next few days. I promise everyone will be blown away. There is some neat stuff coming out with this one!!

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
CIAO folks!!!
Pls post in this topics things that you think are missing in Guideline or that have been said but time ago and then forgotten :mrgreen:
Do not post other things, thx.
Gab
PS As Auldman said already, go to right topics to find out or ask about different things (go to v.2.9 topic for release date)

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
RADETZKY, pls add comments at these slides I made, up above on first page, as usual :wink:.....they refer to version 2.9....THX!!!
http://img163.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=mb390.jpg
.....I MADE SOME OF THEM AS A WALKTHROUGH, see? :grin:
Mostly about Pirates, sea fights, kicking drunk to beat him, Showdowns&Rendevous, hidden items and places, GETTING MY DOG as companion (Lilly is my kids dog for real!!! :mrgreen:) , hunt , etc etc.
Uh and change Arena Trappers fights  to NEW Gabrilduro's Showdowns and Rendezvous!!! YESSSS
THX sm!!
Gabby
......few more hours to uploading....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dellivis

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
Radetzky could you possibly add to your original post since its now a FAQ as well these questions(I know some of these are in your guideline but if put with the other question in bold should grab their attention)

Q. Why do I start with Indian equipment?

A: For modding reasons you start as an Indian; However, most of the locations there is a chest close to you. Open it and choose the best weapons/outfit that modders put there for you!

Q: Why are there Pistol pairs or muskets with 10 shots? its not realistic

A: The weapon you fire is actually representing 2 (or 10) of said firearms. the idea behind it(multiple muskets) is for defending sieges (you would have many guns preloaded to save you time during the fight). It wasn't uncommon of people carrying 2 or more pistols into a firefight. Pirates were well known to carry multiple pistols and melee weapons into the fray as a historical example.
The weight of those items is very high, of course!

Q: Why does Indian items have such high armor?

A: To represent the terrible effect that FEAR had on white people when attacked by indians, which couldn't be made in a different way....but had to be represented because WAS there! Aiming, reloading, no panic behavior, were VERY difficult in a SUDDEN indians ambushing attacks.
But also, in order to offset the damage that is caused by the muskets. "Eastern" indians were massively armed by European factions, in change for their fighting in French Indian war (see The Last of Mohican movie the many muskets those indians had!!) But, besides those tribes, remember that most Indians only gained a rifle 2 ways: Killing a person with said weapon or through trade, so in order for Indians to survive an attack and create an "ambush/TERROR" like setting, the team wanted the items to have a higher armor. If not, the Indians as a faction would be very weak and most likely be overrun in a short time.

if you want to change anything on these answers go right ahead (so far these happen to be the most common questions Ive found thus far).

EDIT by Gabrilduro:
Thx vm as usual, I changed it a little :grin:
Very good.
:wink:

Edit #2 I had to fix some spelling/grammar  :razz:

Edit #3 HAHAHAHAHA, thx......cann yo tel thad I amm ittalian, huh?? :oops: