Guide to defeating the foreign army

Users who are viewing this thread

Modder223

Knight at Arms
As you read this is a guide to defeat a foreign army with 100+ troops. What i have done is kept my party small so that my men can get more exp once they are maxed out or closed to max out i get more troops usually recruits i dont do mercs. CAV is really recommended for this!!

Step 1: Put your inf. ahead of all your other troops in a single line.
Step 2: Put your archers behind your inf on the highest point possible but not to far from the inf as the inf will need the archer's support.
Step 3: If you have cav which is really recommended put them to the side of the archers not behind them but to the side.
Step 4: As soon as the grunts get close to your inf where they engage charge in your cav from the side of them and watch them get pummeled.
Step 5: Do Step 4 until the entire foreign army is dead or unconscious.
Step 6:Get as much loot as possible and sell it all you will make a good profit.
Step 7: Level up all your troops, whenever i win against a foreign army I always get tons and tons of exp.
Step 8: Farm foreign army's if you want and watch your gold and renown rise and rise.
 
30 units of hakkon legioners or maccavian swordmasters/northguards + 25-35 strong archers or xbowmen and good position = death for any minor factions party, except Eagles\Demons\Wolfs war parties, without any casualties.
 
I do something similar, but I don't rely on hills to be there.  :smile:

1) I place my archers to the left and 10 paces behind my infantry.  I place my little bit of cavalry well to the right and 10 paces behind my infantry.

2)  I ride along the right side (keeping my shield towards the foe) and get behind them.  I get their attention so that a third of them waste time chasing me instead of assisting in the enemy charge.

3) The remainder of the enemy charges my infantry (since they are closest).  I have my infantry fall back 10 paces, three times, and then stand their ground. 

4) My archers now start to fire at the foe from the flank, on the side with no shields.  My cavalry charges from the right.

5) I draw the ones chasing me back to the slaughter once most of the rest are down.
 
MelanieWard said:
I do something similar, but I don't rely on hills to be there.  :smile:

1) I place my archers to the left and 10 paces behind my infantry.  I place my little bit of cavalry well to the right and 10 paces behind my infantry.

2)  I ride along the right side (keeping my shield towards the foe) and get behind them.  I get their attention so that a third of them waste time chasing me instead of assisting in the enemy charge.

3) The remainder of the enemy charges my infantry (since they are closest).  I have my infantry fall back 10 paces, three times, and then stand their ground. 

4) My archers now start to fire at the foe from the flank, on the side with no shields.  My cavalry charges from the right.

5) I draw the ones chasing me back to the slaughter once most of the rest are down.
the problem with this is that occasionally many of the grunts will go towards the archers since they are technically the closed target
 
Because of the ranged attack?  That may be so for your army...I've been playing with a lot of throwing weapon infantry lately, who may draw better than exclusively melee-armed infantry.
 
MelanieWard said:
Because of the ranged attack?  That may be so for your army...I've been playing with a lot of throwing weapon infantry lately, who may draw better than exclusively melee-armed infantry.
alright ill have to try it again then once i get a new elite army... as the 1 i had before got deleted since i forgot to download 6.1  :oops:
 
Get 80 Rune archers, hold fire until they're close. fire. Profit.
I've just fixed my PC and I am back to making some better spawns. Foreign parties are quite weak IMO.
 
habeo123 said:
Get 80 Rune archers, hold fire until they're close. fire. Profit.
I've just fixed my PC and I am back to making some better spawns. Foreign parties are quite weak IMO.

I tested putting them all in medium armour and it helped.
 
Yes they will still be melee, but the Invader and Warlords will get armor, as well as suitable horses and weapons. Grunt will have throwing hammers and scimitars.
 
Back
Top Bottom