Guide of Modders - WIP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm, that thread is full of scripts. I think it is due to my way of viewing pages, something to do with ordering.

I don't see a link to Lav's header_operations anywhere in your thread. :eek: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213060.0.html

This is a very helpful thread, definitely helped me a lot! Thanks Belendor :wink:

Heyo there. Can anyone be kind enough to provide me a list of his own foundings around the forum that contain any script or something that could go with this thread? As to extend it. I am busy to research at the moment so any help is greatly appreciated and expected for the good of the board.

If you are making a comprehensive reference, try trawling the places where you are guaranteed to find tons of useful stuff:

OSP Scripts subforum: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,354.0.html
Python script exchange thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.0.html

These two contain the highest-quality stuff and are a low-hanging fruit in terms of required effort.

Many threads in the Tutorials, OSP Packs and Tools subforums also contain a lot of interesting code. It's a less gratifying job to search for hidden jewels there, but still something that can be done relatively quickly.

You can also follow the links in my sig. :smile:

Err...this wasn't the sort of help I was hoping for. If you dig into the OP, you will see most of the presented OSP are already driven out of those threads. What I asked for was to find those hidden treasures in my place. Specially for server-side category.

A few contributions from my sweep of first 100 pages on the Forge which (in my opinion at least) did not qualify to be sent to Duh.

A number of threads by Zsar:

Efficiently storing and accessing complex data types
Fix the indictment death spiral
A lucky world for everyone
The Nature of Slots
Processing nonsense... or is it not? (exploring compiler scripts)
Merchandise dependent on culture
Analysis of the strategic AI

And a bunch of other threads:

[Idea] Preprocessor for MS build scripts - was never implemented AFAIK, but discussion is interesting
Forming a Wagon Train
adding additional items into the cheatmenu(WARBAND) - useful for those who add items via Morgh
How to add troops with skills - making use of troop skills
[Tutorial] Manage Garrison in a Village
Custom Character Creation and Starting as King (Script/Tutorial included)

Sorry for the long delay in updates, I am damn busy since last months.

Lav said:
A few contributions from my sweep of first 100 pages on the Forge which (in my opinion at least) did not qualify to be sent to Duh.

A number of threads by Zsar:

Efficiently storing and accessing complex data types
Fix the indictment death spiral
A lucky world for everyone
The Nature of Slots
Processing nonsense... or is it not? (exploring compiler scripts)
Merchandise dependent on culture
Analysis of the strategic AI

And a bunch of other threads:

[Idea] Preprocessor for MS build scripts - was never implemented AFAIK, but discussion is interesting
Forming a Wagon Train
adding additional items into the cheatmenu(WARBAND) - useful for those who add items via Morgh
How to add troops with skills - making use of troop skills
[Tutorial] Manage Garrison in a Village
Custom Character Creation and Starting as King (Script/Tutorial included)

Most useful. Thanks for digging Zsar's treasures. I almost forgot about that guy. :smile:

Content here is timeless. As pretty much everything around the Forge. Feel free to use this guide until Bannerlord comes, meanwhile I will take some time to add new stuff in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom