- Guide of Modders
Warband-only (Work in Progress Thread)
We didn't have an organized thread where modders could scour through useful scripts, which they could benefit from until now, I suppose. Where scripts and codes are categorized, posting useful threads supported with advise and comments from experienced bones in Forge, presenting various proof of concepts from different projects/modders and creating a lil database for people in need of help. Which, will be done in this thread. Any useful thread, a proof of concept worthy of attention, code or script I missed, assuring myself I will receive it from you.
Serious note: Try not to discuss.
This thread will come in handy while it keeps growing and Even more stuff will be added with proper categorization. So to end the brief, here is a rough explanation of categories I got in my mind.
Mount&Blade Mod Makers Q&A Thread - Only place where you can become a complete modder.
Modders' Tales - Learn how some of the professional and experienced modders around became such.
[INFO] Shader Stuff- HLSL instruction limits - Only place where you can become a complete modder.
Ruthven's beginners thread - Full of things that may be useful to you.
The Guide of Useful Scripts - Great compilation of pieces of codes and scripts. This thread is inspired out of there.
[WIKI] Mount and Blade (Warband) Modding Wikipedia - The only wikia for Warband modding, a decent collection.
Feasibility and Limitations - Some useful information for beginners.
Community Modding References - Stickied thread where you can find some of the links.
Module System Command Database - Great place to learn about MS stuff.
Useful Links Compilation - General info ofusefulness.
[World Map] - This category will cover the workaround of Singleplayer world map, map icons, parties, party templates and what is there to be on world map of Calradia.
[Mission] - This category will cover all about the mission coding, which means lot to a coder. MP Game modes, battling...are a few examples.
[Scening] - This category will cover all about scene coding.
[Presentation] - This category will cover all about presentations and their workarounds.
[Hall of Fame] - This category is not a MUST actually. But, things usually most asked around the forum and their relevant answers in different places shall be put into here.
[Animation] - This category will cover all about animating, face morphs, vertex animating, skeleton systems, rigging and their connection with Engine.
[Basic] - The most basic and general stuff. "How to add an item", "How to add an faction"...etc.
[Items] - Item triggers mostly but you will be able to find some cool item-specific features.
[Music/Sound] - Music and sounds. Title says it all, ever heard of bits and their connection with engine?
[Webservering] - The parsing, storing data in webservers, connection module systems to a server or a webserver and usage of other languages in Warband modding will be found here.
[Server-side] - Server mods, creating mods without putting a need to download and bypassing really.
[Engine] - Engine hackery and bypassing the limits.
[Shaders] - All about shader usage and adding them properly into your project will be found here.
OpenBRF, a complete tool for visual artists. A must!
TweakMB, great tool for text editing/tweaking.
Terrain code generator, great tool for sceners..
Thorgrim's Map Editor, the one and only tool for Map Making tool.
Morgh's WB/WFaS Editor, great tool for those who lose himself within lines of troop/item coding.
Warband Script Enchancer, godly tool for any professional coder out there. Makes things possible.
Mount&Blade Font Customiser, great tool for font works.
Warband Save Tool, name says it all.
- Allow player to select King/Kingdom's banner.
- Updated water travel! (BUGFIX #2)
- [OSP] Sea trade
- Analysis on Strategic AI
- [Kit] Sea Battles Mk. II & Misc Scenes
- Adding particle effects to map icons
- Hand of God, move parties in-game!
- Outposts kit!
- Experimental Checkpoints system!
- Manage garrison in a village
- Forming a wagon train!
- Custom player Kingdom Vassal titles!
- Allow player to select King/Kingdom's banner.
- Making a troop die when his mount falls.
- Fix the indictment death spiral
- [WB, SP, Code] Bodyguards/Escorts in Town/Village Scenes (Open Source)
- Mouse-controlled, after-death, free-roaming camera
- [WIP][OSP] Auto-Firing weapons mod
- [kit][OSP]open/close helmet
- [M] Open/Close Helmet
- Helmet View
- Perfectly Smooth, Mouse-Enabled Deathcam
- String typer kit v0.76 **updated**
- Improved Siege Tower Mechanics.
- Combat Abilities Kit!
- Order: Weapon Type Switch (Open Source).
- Form Ranks Kit.
- Ambidextrous Gun-slinging (Dual-Wielding).
- See damage reports in MP.
- (M) Class expansion scripts and presentations, also a bit information about damage systems.
- Resizing presentations.
- Custom Character Creation and Starting as King (Script/Tutorial included)
- The World Map to show the exact realm of factions
- Editing main menu.
- Little position helper, learn the coordinates by your Mouse!
- Minesweeper, great to study on.
- Displaying WSE version on main menu.
- [WB, SP, Code] Merchant's Trade Ledger.
- List system.
- Nature of slots.
- Preprecessor for Native build
- Zsar's yet another intelligent-discussion about compiling system.
- [1.153] Efficiently storing and accessing complex data types
- ModMerger Framework.
- Adding command-lines.
- How to change fonts.
- A less complicated look for troop coding.
- Companion recruiting script, ported to Warband.
- Efficiently Storing and accessing complex data types/url]
[*][url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,275550.0.html][osp] Drinking game resources
- Wife as Companion/Companions as Emissary and Spy/Wife Quests
- [WB v1.127, SP, code] Expanded nobility title system kit (v0.3.3)
- Depleting ammo.
- Duel kit.
- Anti-cheat System.
- Making new Quests! Old but still helps.
- Server and Client events.
- Enchanced Aristocracy.
- Extended Prisoner Chat.
- Merchandise dependent on culture.
- Culture Specific Shop Inventories.
- A lucky world for everyone.
YouTube Videos - Involving the Warband Modding
Last update: 07.02.2014
Thanks to Tansvanio for his old collection.