Guide for the branch line quests

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah crap, just did the tournamant quest and finished it, spoke with Sanjin Kahn and received the items, but my inventory was full and i lost the items, oh well ill start another toon and try again  :cry:

minh4792 said:
kanzy said:
I can't use weapons inside castles how can I shoot rocks at the "Men of Straw"

Edit: Nvm it was just a bug fixed by exiting and entering the castle a few time.
Just equip yourself with stones. When you enter the castle, stones still on your hand.

which castle tho

I just can't manage to find the horse market. I spent 3 in game days running all over Khergit territory, but Borcha never mentions the horse market in either of my two saves, one having the storyline completed.

nora_lee said:
coo_snake said:
Kwal said:
Good guide, matches with everything I've done.

I didn't continue with finding the scroll once I had finished chapter 1, but I do wonder, what does the 'Cloudy Storm' skill do?
It damages 4 enemies in close vicinity of your character, with a cloud effect, takes like half your energy bar though

I'd like to ask nora_lee, I unlocked the prairie fire skill somehow (popup message randomly appeared and said after long training I learned it)
it's like powerful fire shockwave that sends close enemies flying away with tons of damage for those who wanna know

I wonder what the conditions are to unlock this skill? Also I think the popup said something else like different ways to use it, but I cant access that information anymore, would be nice to have an overview of your skills in game and how to use them.

Also might be unintended, but when I have both cloudy storm and prairie fire bound to Z. Apparently prairie fire overrides the first one (probably because you have to keep it pressed to charge it) but occasionally when I press Z a short time it triggers cloudy storm. Maybe something should be done here?

edit: oh and, amazing mod! Really refreshing to see all these features and rewarding quests! The crafting system, having armors with stats bonus.. This is the way to go! I'm sure you will expand on this! I hope we're going to see more of big beasts and skeletons or other creatures though! maybe even make an army of them if you turn darkness? Give them special abilities like knockback similar to TLD perhaps?

Also, allow the player to complete a storyline to become a lich and some sort of undead warlord! ok ok nevermind do whatever you like as your mod is already the most enjoyable I have tried on warband so far, being a fantasy fan!
So nice you enjoyed it. :smile:
As for the special skills, you are really cool to have upgraded your skills to "prairie fire"(on horse) and "powerful strike"(on foot) after  you used ''Cloudy Storm'' by fiftiy times.  You can hold Z to use the higher two skills or click Z to use the  ''Cloudy Storm'', as introducted in Camp-Prepare for battle-Troops setting.
You said I did. But i could not use "Cloudy Storm" .Would you tell us how we need to use step by step? Puppet hitting the bottom and read the paper. Cloudy Storm have gained property he said. But I can not use.  I'm open to any group of war "z button" I'm holding down but nothing can be changed. Could you please tell step by step. If possible, Are you also visually shows.

My relationship with borcha is 16 and I have Ymira, Marnid and Borcha in my party. My power strike and horse archery level is at maximum. But when i go to khergit territory Borcha does not mention anything about the horse market. I have spent 5hrs(real life not in game) patrolling around khergit's border, camping near Tulga, waiting at Tulga and patroling around all the khergit villages. But still Borcha does not tell me about the horse market. I would appreciate some help.

Hanker said:
My relationship with borcha is 16 and I have Ymira, Marnid and Borcha in my party. My power strike and horse archery level is at maximum. But when i go to khergit territory Borcha does not mention anything about the horse market. I have spent 5hrs(real life not in game) patrolling around khergit's border, camping near Tulga, waiting at Tulga and patroling around all the khergit villages. But still Borcha does not tell me about the horse market. I would appreciate some help.

You also need to pick up Marnid. He's back in Zendar in the tavern. Don't worry, they all play nice together!
Oh ... you may also need to camp near Tulga, or thereabouts. Can't remember offhand. I am so sucky at the horsey skills that I don't even bother w/ the 5th gem. Still, it's 800 dinars / Black Khigirt mob you bring down until the horse merchant is happy.

You really should go get the 5th clue. The quest reward is very much worth it.

Jealous of how Jormungand can blow away an entire column of troops with a single spell, or Fenrir tramples through infantry with Doom Buran, or how Hel snipes your army with Bleach Kiss and can even sometimes convert your knights to her side?

Don't be. Your magic is better.

Much, much better.

Talinoth said:
You really should go get the 5th clue. The quest reward is very much worth it.

Jealous of how Jormungand can blow away an entire column of troops with a single spell, or Fenrir tramples through infantry with Doom Buran, or how Hel snipes your army with Bleach Kiss and can even sometimes convert your knights to her side?

Don't be. Your magic is better.

Much, much better.

Oh, there's no question of wanting it, but after literally hours of crashing into fences, missing targets, failing jumps, it's just not worth the frustration, no matter how sweet the reward. I am beyond sucky at horsey skills.

I have all 5 clues and the mirror. Discover the dummies at Derchios castle hall. But how i can throw rock at it? I equip the stones (2:cool: but i can only punch. Can't even get my shield or bow out.

when you are at castle the guards takes your weapons. I don remember but i think you have to have stones in your inventory or you just use scroll to select next weapon.

I tried to equip the stones, but i can't take it out to throw it. Tried to scroll or use the unsheathe weapon button too but still bare handed. The only thing i haven't tried is to capture the castle (maybe my guard will allow me, the lord of the castle to wield weapon in my castle hall.  :???:

Are you sure it's in your inventory? Cause if it is you shouldn't have problems with it.just scroll your mouse wheel up and you character should prepare it.

yes i am absolutely sure that i have 3 large bag of throwing stone looted from looter and a brick given to me by the shop keeper in Zendar. I went in the castle hall and see my character without my shield, sword, bow and arrow, when i open my inventory, the items still equipped. I then take out the sword and replace it by the throwing stone. Still can only punch. :cry:

PS: I capture a castle to form my faction and still unable to have weapon even in my castle hall. My version is upgraded 1.040.

lord_Nelson said:
yes i am absolutely sure that i have 3 large bag of throwing stone looted from looter and a brick given to me by the shop keeper in Zendar. I went in the castle hall and see my character without my shield, sword, bow and arrow, when i open my inventory, the items still equipped. I then take out the sword and replace it by the throwing stone. Still can only punch. :cry:

PS: I capture a castle to form my faction and still unable to have weapon even in my castle hall. My version is upgraded 1.040.
It's a bit late now, but anyhow:

Equip ONLY the stones, and 1 bag of stones is enough. If you run out of stones while throwing, you can simply press "I" to open your inventory, then close it ---> stone refill.

You don't need the clues in your inventory, but you do need the mirror.

I always enter the castle directly, not through the courtyard. If you do the same, and it still doesn't work, try to enter the castle from the courtyard.
One possibility is, that maybe because you have your own kingdom and are a sovereign.

If it still doesn't work, I hope it will in your next playthrough (maybe when you do an evil character).

Jeez guys, include more details in your questions!

I know the answer to this one though.

At the Horse Market, to get the clue you need to get a good score on one of the challenges.  I suggest doing the horse archer challenge - you can stop your horse to take an accurate shot then immediately go forward to get high scores without much effort.

I need help.I'm looking for 2. clue i now it's in Horse Market and all that but in the steeplechase challange do i need to kick all these destructicable targets (wooden buddy's). I don't know english well but do i need to kick them all or to get 1700 points.Or both of this.And can i leave challange without giving up because i try to pas whole race or way and there isn't end. where i should end?Is there any menu like high score:**** your score:**** how i shuold now did i won or not?My strengh is about 40 riding 6) when i kick that dummy or target i get about 150-300 points in game i'm pretty strong xD.Pls help (Help from Nora_Lee will be most welcome)

To answer all of these questions : 1. You only need to reach the end with the required score and time (The goal is indicated step by step by a yellow arrow)
2. Your score depend on the damage you inflict on the dummies, (It is calculated like this : weapon base damage + Power Strike + Speed Bonus)
3. Sorry, but you really have to reach the end with the proper score and time. (Your actual score and time are showed in the top right corner of your screen)

Having completed the mod, I can tell that this part was also a source of rage and frustration for me.

Do I need to complete both challenges to get clue and I saw that some guys here got something like phairyfire or something and what I need to do with lostknight hi is so stupid. There isn't option to help him I can say :Sorry I have no idea,Certainly,Guess?.I told him certainly always he just become lost on other place xDD

Back
Top Bottom