Guide for the branch line quests

Users who are viewing this thread

nora_lee

Sergeant at Arms
Hi all~
In this fantastic mod, you must have accepted quite a few quests for the branch lines of the story. What in this thread I am trying to provide, sometimes with a quote, are the explanations/suggestions to help you get through in case you are stuck somewhere.

To keep the fun of finding/searching/figuring out in game, I would like to advise you to think twice before you click on the spoiler.
:smile: :!:

Clues and Scroll
Where and how to get the five clues:
clue 1 - Talk to Brocha in the camp (as long as your relationship with him is up to 15)
clue 2 - Horse market (it will appear around Khergit area, when you walk there with Borch and Marnid both in your troop)
clue 3 - Loot from Hel (After Garneeve shows up for the first time, Hel with her troop will come to attack you. Beat her) [mainline]
clue 4 - From Trainer Guy at Zendar (after the exercises and listening his stories)
clue 5 - In a chest hidden in Jelkala town center.
How to acquire the "Secret Scroll"?
1) Equiped with the five clues, Mirror of Truth and some stones(bought in shop or loot from river pirates)
2) Enter the castle, check the walls through the mirror to find the hidden place above when you face to the skeleton and stand on the table.
3) Shoot your stones at the men of straw (right and then left). Repeat shooting (successfully-with straws drops) until you achieve the scroll.
4) Read the "Secret Scroll" (as books) to learn the special skill - "Cloudy Storm".
*If you do not have all the clues or get the clues by a cheat, you will achieve "Sunflower Scroll" instead.
Notes:
*The "Sunflower Scroll" is about a special Kongfu in Ancient China, referring to a famous Chinese Kongfu novel. The one who learned it will acquire mighty STR as well as supereme AGI to be the most powerful fighter. But, in the same time, it takes away your CHA to zero forever. Just a joke the moder cooked. Take it easy! :wink:

Shoey's Portraits (contributed by splofot)

Please let me know if there you find anything wrong to be corrected or some more points to be added. And, more new guide from you will be welcomed and appreciated!

Good guide, matches with everything I've done.

I didn't continue with finding the scroll once I had finished chapter 1, but I do wonder, what does the 'Cloudy Storm' skill do?

Kwal said:

I didn't continue with finding the scroll once I had finished chapter 1, but I do wonder, what does the 'Cloudy Storm' skill do?
It damages 4 enemies in close vicinity of your character, with a cloud effect, takes like half your energy bar though

I'd like to ask nora_lee, I unlocked the prairie fire skill somehow (popup message randomly appeared and said after long training I learned it)
it's like powerful fire shockwave that sends close enemies flying away with tons of damage for those who wanna know

I wonder what the conditions are to unlock this skill? Also I think the popup said something else like different ways to use it, but I cant access that information anymore, would be nice to have an overview of your skills in game and how to use them.

Also might be unintended, but when I have both cloudy storm and prairie fire bound to Z. Apparently prairie fire overrides the first one (probably because you have to keep it pressed to charge it) but occasionally when I press Z a short time it triggers cloudy storm. Maybe something should be done here?

edit: oh and, amazing mod! Really refreshing to see all these features and rewarding quests! The crafting system, having armors with stats bonus.. This is the way to go! I'm sure you will expand on this! I hope we're going to see more of big beasts and skeletons or other creatures though! maybe even make an army of them if you turn darkness? Give them special abilities like knockback similar to TLD perhaps?

Also, allow the player to complete a storyline to become a lich and some sort of undead warlord! ok ok nevermind do whatever you like as your mod is already the most enjoyable I have tried on warband so far, being a fantasy fan!

coo_snake said:
Kwal said:

It damages 4 enemies in close vicinity of your character, with a cloud effect, takes like half your energy bar though

I'd like to ask nora_lee, I unlocked the prairie fire skill somehow (popup message randomly appeared and said after long training I learned it)
it's like powerful fire shockwave that sends close enemies flying away with tons of damage for those who wanna know

I wonder what the conditions are to unlock this skill? Also I think the popup said something else like different ways to use it, but I cant access that information anymore, would be nice to have an overview of your skills in game and how to use them.

Also might be unintended, but when I have both cloudy storm and prairie fire bound to Z. Apparently prairie fire overrides the first one (probably because you have to keep it pressed to charge it) but occasionally when I press Z a short time it triggers cloudy storm. Maybe something should be done here?

edit: oh and, amazing mod! Really refreshing to see all these features and rewarding quests! The crafting system, having armors with stats bonus.. This is the way to go! I'm sure you will expand on this! I hope we're going to see more of big beasts and skeletons or other creatures though! maybe even make an army of them if you turn darkness? Give them special abilities like knockback similar to TLD perhaps?

Also, allow the player to complete a storyline to become a lich and some sort of undead warlord! ok ok nevermind do whatever you like as your mod is already the most enjoyable I have tried on warband so far, being a fantasy fan!
So nice you enjoyed it. :smile:
As for the special skills, you are really cool to have upgraded your skills to "prairie fire"(on horse) and "powerful strike"(on foot) after  you used ''Cloudy Storm'' by fiftiy times.  You can hold Z to use the higher two skills or click Z to use the  ''Cloudy Storm'', as introducted in Camp-Prepare for battle-Troops setting. 

"Sunflower" ... was it the metaphor to @sshole right  :lol: ?
which make me guess the "special kungfu" mentioned here was the infamous kungfu for eunuchs?
well played sir, well played!  :twisted:

I'm on the quest to find the next gem I believe, found two gems and the star horn tells me '' holyforce is locked somewhere, or it represented to the highest of glory or something like that. Hint would help at least! Been looking for hours

mak7589 said:
I'm on the quest to find the next gem I believe, found two gems and the star horn tells me '' holyforce is locked somewhere, or it represented to the highest of glory or something like that. Hint would help at least! Been looking for hours

It has been talked about in numerous times in the appropriate threads. Read.

nora_lee said:
coo_snake said:
Kwal said:

So nice you enjoyed it. :smile:
As for the special skills, you are really cool to have upgraded your skills to "prairie fire"(on horse) and "powerful strike"(on foot) after  you used ''Cloudy Storm'' by fiftiy times.  You can hold Z to use the higher two skills or click Z to use the  ''Cloudy Storm'', as introducted in Camp-Prepare for battle-Troops setting.

What more skills I don't know that there are more skill than Cloudy Storm!
Then I got to use it in every battle to unlock my full power!

kanzy said:
I can't use weapons inside castles how can I shoot rocks at the "Men of Straw"

Edit: Nvm it was just a bug fixed by exiting and entering the castle a few time.
Just equip yourself with stones. When you enter the castle, stones still on your hand.

Finally prairie fire and powerful strike it was like whoosh! and the enemy was swept away! Wow tell me Nora is there more secret in this mod?

Nope, I found all the clues without cheat... Well, I think so. Is there something that I could have done that is considered cheat? '-'

Draguz said:
Nope, I found all the clues without cheat... Well, I think so. Is there something that I could have done that is considered cheat? '-'
Or, it might be the clues are not obtained in the normal way...

Back
Top Bottom