Guide, FAQ, Game Mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

_Sebastian_

Punkbuster 2.0
Baron
Upkeep
Some people think the upkeep for items is completely random, but it's actually the opposite.
The amount of gold you need to pay for upkeep is calculated accurately and depends on the usage of the specific item per life during a round.

Armors
usage = received damage to the bodyparts covered by this armor
max usage = item_hit_points

Weapons(melee mode)
usage = dealt raw damage(without reduction from armor)

Weapons(ranged mode)
usage = item_damage / 10 * amount of shots

Missiles
usage = shot missiles
max usage = item_max_ammo * 2

Thrown
usage = (thrown missiles * item_hit_points) + melee mode usage
max usage = item_max_ammo * item_hit_points * 2

Shields
usage = received damage
max usage = item_hit_points * 4

Horses
usage = received damage
max usage = item_hit_points * 10

base_upkeep = item_price / max usage * usage
final_upkeep = base_upkeep * ticks_since_last_upkeep / 5 / spawns_since_last_upkeep

Score
Almost every action ingame results in score.
Score adds a bonus amount of xp and gold to each tick(once per minute), it can be positiv, but also negative.
score xp bonus = score since last tick
score gold bonus = score since last tick / 10

Hit an agent(player)
score = lost hp + armor of the hitted body part

Hit an agent(bot)
score = (lost hp + armor of the hitted body part) / 2

Commanded bot hits an agent
score = (lost hp + armor of the hitted body part) / 10

Bandage an agent(only works if the agent actually lost health due to bleeding)
score = 25 + lost hp due to bleeding

Hit a shield or destructible object
score = lost hp / 10

Hit a destructible object with an engineer hammer(repairs it)
score = lost hp * 3

Hitting a destructible object with artillery
score = lost hp / 1000

Slot System
Our system uses 12 carry slots for items.
It prevents carrying multiple items at the same carry position.
Items which reuse a carry slot/position of another equiped item, will be displayed with a red cross in the inventory.
And you cant spawn with them, nor picking them up from the ground later on, if you still carry the specific item.
Only one item can be carried per slot.

0  = hands(can't sheath)
1  = back 1
2  = back 2
3  = back 3
4  = left stomach
5  = right stomach
6  = left hip 1
7  = left hip 2
8  = left hip 3
9  = left hip 4
10 = right hip
11 = right upper leg

Stamina System
Every movement consumes a unique amount of stamina and the weight of your equipment effects it aswell.

The base stamina is 9000 and can be increased by strength(60 per point) and agility(90 per point).
The time you can sprint highly depends on your stamina, once your stamina goes below 4500(between orange/yellow bar), you'll stop to sprint.
And you only can start to sprint again if the stamina reaches 7500(between yellow/green bar).

If you completely run out of stamina (could also happen if heavily injured), you're forced to walk untill it reaches 4500 again.

Walking or standing recovers your stamina.

stamina consumption per second
stamina_run = 15 # + carry weight
stamina_run_horse = 5 # + carry weight
stamina_sprint = 400 # + carry weight
stamina_sprint_horse = 300 # + carry weight

stamina consumption per action
stamina_jump = 200 # + carry weight
stamina_crouch = 80 # + carry weight
stamina_attack = 75 # + weapon weight *10
stamina_attack_shield = stamina_attack
stamina_defend = 50 # + weapon weight *10
stamina_kick = 150 # + carry weight

stamina recover per second
stamina_recover_walk = 120
stamina_recover_stand = 160

stamina_mounted_weight_divider = 5 #looses less stamina from weight on horseback

TO BE CONTINUED...

Erling01 said:
Why is it not possible to sheath lances (and other polearms)!? It shouldn't be like that :sad:. In what way do this "feature" make this game better?
These items are too big (some too heavy, or both) to be carried.
Try to attach a long lance or pike to your back IRL.. won't work, atleast you wont be able to move arround with it.

The mod is highly based on realism, keep that in mind.
We might allow more weapons to be sheathed soon, but not the very long and heavy ones.

_Sebastian_ said:
Erling01 said:
Why is it not possible to sheath lances (and other polearms)!? It shouldn't be like that :sad:. In what way do this "feature" make this game better?
These items are too big (some too heavy, or both) to be carried.
Try to attach a long lance or pike to your back IRL.. won't work, atleast you wont be able to move arround with it.

We might allow more weapons to be sheathed soon, but not the very long and heavy ones.

On horseback u can carry a lance on your back irl.

For what? If its about a name-change, you can do that on the webpage (Charakter then the S on the left side for system - change character´s name)

_Sebastian_ said:

I cannot sheath my GLB to punch people, this saddens me, but only because i am used to it.

Your reasoning makes a lot of sense, and i love the emphasis on realism, i shouldnt realistically be able to run around with that on my back.

Just wondered, cos i know i struggled when i first tried this to find it:

Is there a clear part of this subforum that mentions the BoE website where you buy gear and level up? I cant even find it now lol. That needs to be visible cos new players will want to find it.

Its 18:11 GMT and I see no players on any of the servers. Never the less I think this mod is amazing, the creator has added features I think most of us have wanted to see plus things we had never even thought of!

I'm late to the party but... Is this mod still going? I just read Wolf Hall and I'm dying to get in on some 16th century combat. Is there a beginners guide anywhere?

Ok, I'm asking this question like 5 years after BoE's persistent chargen system is over, but it's been driving me crazy and I don't have an answer.

What is a Gentleman Pensioner and why was this a cavalry class for England?

Back
Top Bottom