Guess the Quote

Users who are viewing this thread

Maximus183

Knight
All right. I figured I'd start this topic to give Hegemony fans something to do together and make some bonds. Spawn of Achilles came up with the idea, so kudos to him(sorry if I got ahead of you, SoA).

It works as follows:

Post a quote from a movie.
Others will then guess from which movie and by which character.
The one who gets it right will post the next one.
And so on...

I'll go first:
"Hey, nice bulbs, Emily. Oh, and I don't mean that metaphorically."

Fire away! :smile:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120770/quotes

And google says: A Night at the Roxbury

"And that was only one of the many occasions on which I met my death, an experience which I don't hesitate strongly to recommend."

why only movies? how about famous people, books etc? Quite a few have this or that quote below the avatar or the like - why not imbrace the quote as a whole? 

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Muhammed Ali

or

"Little things affect little minds."

Benjamin Disraeli

those two might not be well know but they do speak the truth:smile:

Who said this? - small hint - Winston Churchill mentioned the quote and person in his "the Second World War" :smile:

A Constitution should be short and obscure.

CCDK said:
why only movies? how about famous people, books etc? Quite a few have this or that quote below the avatar or the like - why not imbrace the quote as a whole? 
i thoughted of that too... observe my avatar :wink:

All right. All famous quotes. And please, don't cheat via google. I can' really stop you, but it is just very boring to do so.

Maximus183 said:
All right. All famous quotes. And please, don't cheat via google. I can' really stop you, but it is just very boring to do so.
and it kills all the fun

Maximus183 said:
300. By King Leonidas.

Worst. Movie. Ever

well, lets be honest - "The Hottie & the Nottie" has a better shot at that title right? right? RIGHT?  :wink:

All right. Next quote

Person 1: Who's "Joe Potsmoker"?
Person 2: Oh, that's my alter-ego.
Person 1: Wait, I thought that was MY alter-ego.
Person 2: No, you're "Smokey McPott."

where's my car?, dude or soemthing like this?

literally translated so lets post a picture:
http://www.mi-direccion.com/divx/C/Colega-donde-esta-mi-coche-cd.jpg

Tu quoque filli mi!
          =
You too, my son!

Tu = You
quoque = too
filli = son
mi = my

My turn?

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
Oh, and don't cheat.  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom