Guard

Users who are viewing this thread

guard.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Aserai Guard in this thread.

ye the damage is really relevant after you died to arrows and couch lances
Fair point, but most 2h and polearm classes are really fast and/or do a ton of damage to the point where if they had shields that would protect them they would become broken. Right now, they have to pick their fights carefully or die instantly and that's holding them back from that point.

Fair point, but most 2h and polearm classes are really fast and/or do a ton of damage to the point where if they had shields that would protect them they would become broken. Right now, they have to pick their fights carefully or die instantly and that's holding them back from that point.
they would be broken if this wasnt the case

couch lances should be removed in mp, by simple making spears have more range than them
spears ~200+
lances ~190+
non shield units have 0 chance of survival except the rider misses them

If you want to have a class actually played in competitive play you need to give them access to shields.

It's not really rocket science

Pick fights carefully, as in, fight someone 1 on 1 where they aren't going to be shot or couched in the back with no way to protect against it. Because other infantry can push the archer with their shield up, the shock infantry cannot, he has to try and quickly dispatch the opponent in front of him(Who I guarantee will just hold RMB if he has a shield and let his archer kill him). If cavalrys coming in with a couch lance other infantry can use their shield to take the blow, yeah they lose their shield but they survive the couch. Shock Infantry has no option.

They are severely niche right now and there's a reason in the most competitive matches I've had in skirmish they were no where to be seen.

Pick fights carefully, as in, fight someone 1 on 1 where they aren't going to be shot or couched in the back with no way to protect against it. Because other infantry can push the archer with their shield up, the shock infantry cannot, he has to try and quickly dispatch the opponent in front of him(Who I guarantee will just hold RMB if he has a shield and let his archer kill him). If cavalrys coming in with a couch lance other infantry can use their shield to take the blow, yeah they lose their shield but they survive the couch. Shock Infantry has no option.

They are severely niche right now and there's a reason in the most competitive matches I've had in skirmish they were no where to be seen.
I think adding a shield would be fine and even increasing armor would be fine. But only if the 2h has its damage nerfed a bit.

This unit is super busted in captain mode. A whole team spamming these units is almost impossible on most of the maps. Lowering the number of units in each group would be the best since guard seems fine in skirmish.

I am overall happy with this unit. All damage infantery should have or keep 110 hitpoints, because of the lack of armor and shield.
Taleworlds please change the name of this unit. Aserai does not have creative names for their units, except the Mameluke. I suggest to rename this unit to palace guard or sultan´s guard.

I am overall happy with this unit. All damage infantery should have or keep 110 hitpoints, because of the lack of armor and shield.
Taleworlds please change the name of this unit. Aserai does not have creative names for their units, except the Mameluke. I suggest to rename this unit to palace guard or sultan´s guard.
Or Just Tabardiryya

Back
Top Bottom