Guarantee feif and or cheat to obtain.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I did a bunch of looking on Google and tired my best with the search engine on here but I have had no luck finding what I'm looking for.

So I'm trying to figure out a way I can get a village and a castle that's already owned by a npcs of the faction I join. I have played a good bit and I know you can use the cheat menu to just boost all the lords of a kingdom to love you and ask them to support your claim on a place. I want to be able to own a already owned castle and village in the faction though. Always had a dream of owning a castle and village in the heart of my favorite faction (Curing Castle and Kwynn spisfically).

So my biggest issue is that I don't want to cheat A LOT just modify this little thing. The only idea I have come up with so far is this. Start off working for the Nords like I would normally. Once I reach a level where I can officially join the faction save the game and cheat to join a faction they are at war with. Cheat to capture said town and village. Cheat to rejoin the Nords and reset relations with the faction they are at war with. Cheat to recapture the castle and village for the Nords. Cheat to gain both fiefs. Then cheat to reset all relationships and everything back to as it was right before I started.

That's a lot of work though. Anyone know a simpler way?

You can use the cheatmenu to instantly conquer the castle you want,save the game, join the faction you want, in case of the nords, you can get Kwynn very easily, keep loading the game and joining the nords until Ragnar gives you Kwynn.

An alternate would be to play with diplomacy, will allow you to trade fiefs. Getting a castle for a castle can be hard because I believe they will look at the value of the village associated with it in deciding if they will trade (or could just be a relation check, not sure) but if you can nab a town you can trade it for the castle though why you would give up a town for a castle I don't know.

King Richard said:
You can use the cheatmenu to instantly conquer the castle you want,save the game, join the faction you want, in case of the nords, you can get Kwynn very easily, keep loading the game and joining the nords until Ragnar gives you Kwynn.

Reloading until one gets Kwynn is unnecessary: if Curin Castle is taken before joining a faction, Kwynn comes with it, in Warband, anyway.

So, ultimately, it's not that much work: before joining a faction, cheat to take Curin Castle, then run to join the Nords.

King Richard said:
Wow, sorry for not knowing the Nord zone while being a Swadian player :roll:

I have to echo Blead: you seem to have taken my post as scolding, which was not intended.  To be honest, it was directed at the OP, not you.

And, not to give the impression that I have the whole map memorized: I just Googled the name of the castle!  :grin:

Orick3579 said:
So I did a bunch of looking on Google and tired my best with the search engine on here but I have had no luck finding what I'm looking for.

So I'm trying to figure out a way I can get a village and a castle that's already owned by a npcs of the faction I join. I have played a good bit and I know you can use the cheat menu to just boost all the lords of a kingdom to love you and ask them to support your claim on a place. I want to be able to own a already owned castle and village in the faction though. Always had a dream of owning a castle and village in the heart of my favorite faction (Curing Castle and Kwynn spisfically).

So my biggest issue is that I don't want to cheat A LOT just modify this little thing. The only idea I have come up with so far is this. Start off working for the Nords like I would normally. Once I reach a level where I can officially join the faction save the game and cheat to join a faction they are at war with. Cheat to capture said town and village. Cheat to rejoin the Nords and reset relations with the faction they are at war with. Cheat to recapture the castle and village for the Nords. Cheat to gain both fiefs. Then cheat to reset all relationships and everything back to as it was right before I started.

That's a lot of work though. Anyone know a simpler way?

What you do is, you wait until an enemy faction captures the city you want, and then you jump in before they reinforce the garrison and capture it for yourself while it is guarded by only a handful of guys. You will get possession of the city and all attached villages, and then you immediately join the faction the city originally belonged to. Voila, you are now a member of that faction and own a city and multiple villages.

Easiest way is use the save editor, find the town/castle in the party records section, then change it's slot_town_lord to 0.

Back
Top Bottom