GTA IV - Controversy Already

Users who are viewing this thread

Nope. I deliberately drive without hitting people. I take pride in being able to drive like a lunatic and not kill anyone.

I like to do the "Did you just BUMP into my ****ing car *****?" move when I go full speed straight into the back of someone's car and kill him for "bumping" into me.

Buxton said:
People think games like GTA turn children into physcopaths, since they think the game drills in that killing innocent people is fun. I am alone when I say when killing innocent people in GTA (albeit they're not real), I feel a little bit of remorse?

No. You and Leprechaun are alone.

What i find the worse, parents who buy these games for their kids and then complain about how violent they are :neutral:

Games don't affect normal people. They can affect mentally ill ones though.  :eek:

...they don't deserve to play games. <_<

Another thing...

These games don't invent the violent situations. Kids just have to look at history books, to, say, read up about the gang violence in the 90's. It's not just video games..

sneakey pete said:
Another thing...

These games don't invent the violent situations. Kids just have to look at history books, to, say, read up about the gang violence in the 90's. It's not just video games..

Kids reading history books? Less likely than a parent letting their kids watch the news (possibly even making them). The local news is more ****ed up than most video games.

I used to work in a video game store one summer. A woman came in in June and bought a copy of Vice City for her child who looked to be about 7 or 8. And it is store policy to read why said game is rated M. I read it and she says OK. She comes back 3 days later and started blaming ME for selling the game to her. I didn't get in a fight with her cuz I would have gotten fired, but in my mind I was like "*****, you bought the game for him. I told you it had blood and violence and sex and whatever. You bought it anyway for your 7 YEAR OLD. Now you are gonna blame me for your ****ty parenting." And to top it all off, she said she was a member of one of those "Mothers Against Violent Games" things.

Am I the only one who finds that hilarious?

Sheep_Archer said:
I used to work in a video game store one summer. A woman came in in June and bought a copy of Vice City for her child who looked to be about 7 or 8. And it is store policy to read why said game is rated M. I read it and she says OK. She comes back 3 days later and started blaming ME for selling the game to her. I didn't get in a fight with her cuz I would have gotten fired, but in my mind I was like "*****, you bought the game for him. I told you it had blood and violence and sex and whatever. You bought it anyway for your 7 YEAR OLD. Now you are gonna blame me for your ****ty parenting." And to top it all off, she said she was a member of one of those "Mothers Against Violent Games" things.

That's the sort of stuff you'd expect to see on Monty Python if it was still around :lol:

Sheep_Archer said:

I hate parents like that. I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from yelling what you were thinking,lol.

I didn't play any  M games till I was maybe 13 or 14, mostly because the games that were rated M didn't interest me, but the first rated M game I bought was tenchu wrath of heaven.

Buxton said:
People think games like GTA turn children into physcopaths, since they think the game drills in that killing innocent people is fun. I am alone when I say when killing innocent people in GTA (albeit they're not real), I feel a little bit of remorse?

I don't think it's that strange. Hell, sometimes I drive like a regular person just for fun  :lol:.

Cymro said:
That's the sort of stuff you'd expect to see on Monty Python if it was still around :lol:

It's also technically illegal in the UK. Whenever we got UK calls complaining about the violence in GTA or similar rated games it was just a case of saying "So you are admitting to supplying a minor with indecent material?". Nine times out of ten they'd hang up straight after :lol:

Buxton said:
People think games like GTA turn children into physcopaths

The only thing what turns me into psyho is a green blood. Come oooooon it’s so silly.

All this war is conducted by the people who did not see any computer games except of Mario on the new japanese fridge. They heard about blood, killing scenes and words "fu**g niggaz" and they react: what? Bloody killing fu**g niggaz? Oh my little poor daughter... Let's shut it immediately. No matter what this daughter is actually whore who was fu**d by all school... I mean the real teacher is a life anyway.

Sheep_Archer said:

I'd call it saddening... but yes.

new details about GTA IV

no planes though  :neutral: , but it's understandable once you read the article

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168906.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;story;2

Back
Top Bottom