Ground Branch (Kickstarter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Scarf Ace

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Ground Branch is a tactical shooter made by veterans of some really classical TS games, such as the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games. They've got a kickstarter up, they seem really damn serious about the whole realism thing. They're not doing too well, however. I thought I'd spread the word over here because a lot of M&B players also seem to be fond of the tacticool genre of shooters.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

Go ahead and call me a viral marketer, I think I'm guilty of it now.

To many kickstarter projects being made now that are overextending themselves way to much only to fail. I don't see this one reaching funding and the progress doesn't seem like much judging by the video.

Call me a pessimist, I know I am guilty of it.

Too many kickstarters my ass, this one actually looks awesome and I am seriously considering supporting it. I really want a game like this :/

I swear to god I have seen that footage before on a previous Kickstarter. Did they make a previous attempt fail and are rebooting again which some different branding?

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Do you mean Takedown?

As as I know, this is the first tac shooter on Kickstarter that already has a pre-alpha.

Ahh I remember seeing their failed attempt on RPS but I may just be imagining seeing this footage somewhere else, it looks awfully familiar. Perhaps I'm just getting Raven Shield memories muddled with the ten million Kickstarter videos I have seen.

I wonder how many actual video game kickstarter projects are up right now and how many will just fail :sad:

Well, if they feature genres that no publishers will consider giving a try, the 'working their way up there' perspective no longer work. Also if the project is done by the industries veterans.

Computica said:
What is up with all of the kick starter projects??? Does anyone believe in working there way up anymore???

This is a very stupid "argument". The so called "working one's way up" is not a necessary constraint, which somehow produces value, experience, originality and quality.
In fact, the large company model has driven games into a horrible one way street of short, buggy and linear corridor shooters and interactive movies. Good studios die, go bankrupt, game developers lose health insurance and suffer terrible treatment in their workplace.

**** "working their way up", if that's what it takes. Kickstarter has brought something new and interesting to game making and I'm happy it did this now. I can't wait to see where it leads.

And it's spelled "their", not "there".

This game looks quite cool, even though it doesn't interest me much. Sad they most likely won't reach their goal, they seem to have a lot done already.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Well, if they feature genres that no publishers will consider giving a try, the 'working their way up there' perspective no longer work. Also if the project is done by the industries veterans.

This. Most of the projects that have gotten large amounts of funding are from niche games that big studios didn't want to make since they couldn't monetize it and make 100 sequels.

Kickstarter is probably one of the better things to happen this year to PC gaming in general.

Back
Top Bottom