SP Fantasy [WB] Grim Age: Ostland Campaign - Alpha released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Started working on Ferlangen. It's supposed to have been ruined during the Storm, therefore there's a refugee camp outside the city proper. The siege scene will be interesting to make, it's probably going to be almost like a regular field battle, with the wall having multiple breaches. That comes later though.

cpdik.jpg
G4z1s.jpg
VsPlW.jpg
j1IB7.jpg

A new soundtrack for Grim Age!

Got inspired by the Empire starting scene idea so I made something that could fit for it, named it Misty Massacres. :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/misty-massacres-1

Enjoy!

Theretor said:

Got inspired by the Empire starting scene idea so I made something that could fit for it, named it Misty Massacres. :smile:

Enjoy!
Sounds very nice!  How long did it take you to make that?

Khamukkamu said:
You make great music, Theretor

Thank you, Khamukkamu! ^^

Froi said:
Theretor said:

Enjoy!
Sounds very nice!  How long did it take you to make that?

Thank you, Froi!
Depends on the schedule, usually around 2 to 7 days. :smile:

I waited so long for this Mod. You did a great Work!

Found a Bug ...

If you order the smithy to forge a subject it dont work (sometimes). The indigrents are taken but you get no Weapon/Armor. I saved before and every time i try to forge something at first it dont work. But after that, everthing happens at it should - i dont know how this bug occurs.

A Thought ...

Maybe it is a Intro/Alpha thing, but in my opinion you move the Ranks up really fast. The Beginning ist hard, but the other steps are short (in my opinion to short) and you can not really enjoy your hard beginner work, if you gets midlevel Equipment to high level equipment really short. I needed 6 Hours to raise from a Weakling to a Chaos Champion Lord and there is no characterevolution besides leveling anymore - only War (ok ist Warhammer :grin: ).

I played around with the empire a bit and I can easily say that no chaos warrior , no crusher , no horde could stop me . I mean I just go up a hill put my infantry down below and rain fire upon the enemy . Not even the melee units of chaos showed that good in combat against my infantry and got destroyed easily . Conclusion : empire op plz nerf .

Kaiser Grimnir said:
I waited so long for this Mod. You did a great Work!

Found a Bug ...

If you order the smithy to forge a subject it dont work (sometimes). The indigrents are taken but you get no Weapon/Armor. I saved before and every time i try to forge something at first it dont work. But after that, everthing happens at it should - i dont know how this bug occurs.

A Thought ...

Maybe it is a Intro/Alpha thing, but in my opinion you move the Ranks up really fast. The Beginning ist hard, but the other steps are short (in my opinion to short) and you can not really enjoy your hard beginner work, if you gets midlevel Equipment to high level equipment really short. I needed 6 Hours to raise from a Weakling to a Chaos Champion Lord and there is no characterevolution besides leveling anymore - only War (ok ist Warhammer :grin: ).

Odd, it never occured to me.

Yep, it's alpha. Everything will be re-balanced once campaigns are out.

Huibk, go south there you'll find sekeltons armies which you can attach to your party.

Sal_TheConqueror, I have done some re-balancing and it's not yet over. Any specifications on units being too strong\weak?

Eh well I'd say that chaos units especially the low armored ones need a buff to either health or damage , while empire units have ridiculously high armor stats and great skills makes them a tad bit too strong . I felt like this should've really been melee vs ranged , but empire has both of that , so mainly nerf their regular units except the priests , and buff the chaos units . I mean a chaos crusher got taken down by my greatsword (managed to save 7 of them from a wandering champion) . And I've noticed that the AI acted differently from my chaos  campaign  , here all the lords united and crushed the horde including Festus within a week , without loosing a single lord and maybe 2 villages got looted , I personally slew over 600 chaos units with my party that has 170 men in it so yeah , I am not a modder nor a scripter , but that didn't feel right to me . Hope that this input helps .

As it seems to me, the main problem here is abundance of elite troops for the Empire. In fact, low tier marauders have really nice skills\stats, but their purpose is to fight lower tier Empire units (simple spearmen, halberdiers etc.) which the Empire lords don't have at all due to the XP amount given to their parties once they spawn initially on the map. I reduced number of elites for the Empire and increased it for Chaos lords. I have also buffed armor\skills for marauders and nerfed those for some Empire troops. Still testing. I think I should return CW\C stats to the ones planned by Furok initially, as I had to nerf them for the alpha.

I wouldn't nerf Empire stats at all actually... decrease number of elite units in armies... sure absolutely, but nerf the stats (aside from marksmen, those definitely need a nerf if they cannot have renown cost) and you'll risk making sieges close to impossible for Empire players.
It's already hard enough to get past Chaos elite units as it is, trying to scale a wall defended by Chaos Warriors and Crushers is a real nightmare. Presently you can rely on marksmen to weaken enemy positions, but if they are getting a nerf too it may compromise Empire ability to actually win sieges.

It's true that Empire has a distinct advantage in field battles right now, but that's mainly because of the high number of veteran spearmen\halberdiers in imperial armies as opposed to that of high tier marauders in Chaos hordes, as it has already been pointed out.

I would try to balance that before nerfing\buffing anything, and also I would try giving marauders decent shields to allow them to withstand ranged attacks better, I think that will make a BIG difference without making melee even more difficult for Empire

Echtel said:
Yeah the undead thing is a good idea, although I have to say becoming a skeleton in WH universe is not very appealing :roll:... skeletons are kind of the lowest forms of "existance" possible (well still better than zombies I guess lol) weak, mindless and without purpose...  :dead: just not for me thank you...

I was thinking however; this idea really has potential... what if the player was to come back not as a skeleton but as say... a VAMPIRE? IMO that would be groundbreaking!
imagine this: you get to become a vampire lord and round up all the undead in Ostland to launch a massive offensive on the living, both Empire and Chaos.
You start off with mere, crappy, renown-free skeletons (possibly add zombies too) then if you manage to conquer a settlement, as your renown grows, you'd be able to hire Graveguards and then Black Knights...
That would be really cool; it would add a third faction to the mod, give the player the chance to make his own kingdom and it could be done without having to model anything at all from scratch too...  vampires and zombies could simply use human skin with a different texture and as for undead equipment they could simply use Empire stuff (maybe with just a retexturing).

Of course this is just a suggestion and an afterthought; just a way to expand on a very good idea making it quite appealing to those who like Vampire Counts (which, I confess, happen to be my favourite army along with the Empire  :lol:)

I think rather it should be a harder thing to become. Like as an Empire captin maybe get an invite from someone you get friends with and HE turns you into a Vampire. Since it really would be wierd to explain how you died on the battlefield and arose as a Vampire Count, dont you think? :/

Luffaren said:
I think rather it should be a harder thing to become. Like as an Empire captin maybe get an invite from someone you get friends with and HE turns you into a Vampire. Since it really would be wierd to explain how you died on the battlefield and arose as a Vampire Count, dont you think? :/

Well yes, kinda; but honestly I don't really mind. To tell the truth it would be harder still to explain how you turn into a skeleton on your own without a necromancer\vampire reanimating your corpse (which technically would make you into a zombie actually  :lol:) and how you not only retain your mind intact but are even able to order other undead around... that's even stranger no? But who cares, honestly I don't really feel the need to justify the ability to play as a vampire in a WH mod for Warband too much. All I know is it would be cool as hell :wink: (uhmm... COOL as hell?? :shock:)

Anyway it's quite pointless to start discussing it right now, as Andreus wisely said...

Next bug ...

1. As nothern legend you can recruit Zealots, nice, but ...

They dont show up in your own Army list.
They do show up, if you move the cursor over your Player Map guy.
They still take Prisoners - i have now 600 + Prisoners ...
You can entlist them from your army, not even when they´re all dead (ex. 0 Zealots but 45 Prisoners).
It seems that they have no effect on your Food and Moral.
If they Convert Prisoners or take imprisoned Ostland troops (if you dont take them after battle) you get a penalty on your moral because of your Ostland weaklings

What is intended and what is not?

2. Have anyone try to capture a Castle by themselve ... i waiting for many days and it dont get rewarded to me or some other Lord ...

Back
Top Bottom