SP Fantasy [WB] Grim Age: Ostland Campaign - Alpha released.

Users who are viewing this thread

the blacksmiths dont make elite gear(that use high quality metal) Atleast they dont for the norsca raider weapon and armor.

also really like the idea of sacrificing prisoners to become a chaos warrior. Rather novel.

AndreusAs said:
Nope, it's not him:smile: I just invented the character (as well as Festus) as I'm not exactly aware about lore-friendly characters who survived the Storm.

For a time I thought Festus was Festus the Leechlord, but he doesn't look nurglite so I assumed he was some other guy.

By the way, assuming by "storm" you meant the storm of Chaos, then almost nobody of import is dead in the then fluff. Personally I think creating a set of original characters is far better than trying to follow the lore. Just pick a random time and have some chaos incursion. Much fun would be had.

The game Mark of Chaos is set shortly after Magnus got elected Emperor so alot of the 8th edition characters are most likely not born yet.

lcmiracle said:
The game Mark of Chaos is set shortly after Magnus got elected Emperor so alot of the 8th edition characters are most likely not born yet.

I couldn't help but wonder though, Because the warchiefs name was Thorgar and the one talking to you is Olaf ( Thorgars second in command in Mark of Chaos :razz: )

@AndreusAs

Do you want us to post you about potential bugs we find, or are you already aware since its an alpha?

Alright here is what i found so far, i'm pretty sure you're already aware of some/have been reported already.

1- Most ( if not all ) Chaos Champions are adressed as "She" or "Lady"

2- When you visit a town/castle the lords inside are naked and their head/hands are missing aswell as the smithies in castles.

3- When you are able to pray in the Chaos temple yourself and become a  Chaos Warrior ( recieve the armor ) your head dissapears ( i think because you have the Chaos Warrior inside your inventory? )

4- At level 5 i was able to choose from a berserker and something els, Now i'm level 20 or something and i still didnt recieve anything new, i can only forge marauder and norsca marauder armor sets?

5- How does the free renown system actually work? I'm currently at -450 with only 55 troops. Do you pay the renown everytime you level up a troop or only when you recruit them and what is the best way to get renown since i only have 2 Chaos Warriors and 1 Chaos Crusher and im at -450 which prevents me from recruiting anymore troops and most other Lords have 200 or more while i have 55.

6- When i was One of thousands rank the skeletons would attack me, Now i'm Well known and they still want to attack me but i can only select Leave?

1. Yes, I'll try to cahnge it.

2. Fixed.

3. Yes, we're lacking models for CW\C bodies, at least for now.

4. Thats it for now. Each class will get it's own active and passive abilities in the future.

5. Every unit occupies a certain amount of renown, e.g. a Crusher needs 90 renown to be maintained and so on. The values are not final and may change ofc.

6. Strange. I'll look into it.

AndreusAs said:
1. Yes, I'll try to cahnge it.

2. Fixed.

3. Yes, we're lacking models for CW\C bodies, at least for now.

4. Thats it for now. Each class will get it's own active and passive abilities in the future.

5. Every unit occupies a certain amount of renown, e.g. a Crusher needs 90 renown to be maintained and so on. The values are not final and may change ofc.

6. Strange. I'll look into it.

Is there any other way except battle to earn renown since there are no tournaments? I cant fight 200+ armies with 2 Chaos Warriors and 1 Chaos Crusher and some marauders :razz:

And can you get more then 1 "blessing" at the chaos temple? Or can you only get that 1 Chaos Warrior set?

EDIT: think i found another bug? I'm not sure though. I came across a Baron with 80 units, i challenged him to a duel and won, his army wanted to fight so i took the only option of slaughtering them, but instead i went back into the campaign map and my guy ranked up to northern legend?

And is it possible for the free renown to be bugged? I had -360 before i helped out some fellow champions in a battle, i lost all my army except for the Chaos Warriors and Crushers and now i'm at -555 while the battle got me 70 renown?

You should get renown for looting and razing villages. You also get quarter of your opponent's renown in a duel.

For now there is only one blessing. I only started working this feature out.

The higher your duel-opponent's renown, the more his troops run away as you defeat him. So, it's entirly possible all his army has ran away.

Try to count the amount of renown your army occpies right now. Check the WIP manual in the OP, all the renown-cost values listed there.

I've tried a chaos character, just to see how "the other side" works (in order to kill them more efficiently of course :lol:) and I have to say you have made an excellent job in that department too, Andreus.

I love how you have balanced things out, it certainly wasn't easy, but I think you have managed to find the perfect solution. The chaos player will find it much harder to get by in the beginning; with the empire you can start taking down strong neutral parties relatively soon, all you really need is a solid group of marksmen\spearmen and then you can start seriously building up renown; whereas with chaos, lacking ranged troops, you are stuck with raiding villages for food (which very often results in angry enemy lords coming to kick your hairy warped ass), and fighting farmers and bandits for prisoners... it can get almost frustrating at times and it gives perfectly the feel of what it means to try and survive as a weakling, half-naked marauder in a faction where only the strong survive... that is until you finally manage to sacrifice enough rabble to make the Gods take notice of you... and then you suddenly become an unstoppable killing machine and in just a few weeks you can build up a warband strong enough to easily take down entire armies 4 times its size  :shock:

Chaos warriors are so damn tough... and Crushers... well... they can't block attacks with their weapons, but who needs to block when you can just cleave through enemies lines and destroy anything that moves shrugging off most blows?  :twisted:

Just for kicks and giggles I equipped an elite chaos armor (yes, I cheated! I'm not going to play Chaos anyway, was just for testing purposes  :lol:) and I went head on into a group of 40 or so zealots ALONE... I was expecting to die horribly... I moved around and dodged as best as I could to avoid getting surrounded swinging carefully every now and then to take down the closest enemy... then I noticed something in the bottom left side of the screen... well I just dropped my huge shield and started laughing isterically like a crazed khorne berserker as I swung my axe left and right butchering the poor rats around me like chickens in a slaughter house... in the end I had barely lost a quarter of my HP (and I wasn't even full to begin with) and all was left of the zealots was a couple of them who had enough sense left in their numb skulls to run away from my wrath... WARP YEAH!  :mrgreen:

No seriously, playing as Chaos is really interesting, I'm sure all those who like it will find the experience very satisfying and rewarding...

Now I REALLY want to equip an armored robe a big 2-handed hammer and go flatten the skulls of those huge, lumbering metal-clad bastards while shouting praises to Sigmar... really, kudos to you Andreus this is just an alpha and you already have me totally hooked up... now GO BACK TO WORK!  :shifty: :wink:

Sir, yes, sir! :smile: Seriously, I'm glad you liked it. I'll try to model real Priests (alongside with the Knights of the Bull) for the next major update. Just have to release the first patch now :smile:

AndreusAs said:
You should get renown for looting and razing villages. You also get quarter of your opponent's renown in a duel.

For now there is only one blessing. I only started working this feature out.

The higher your duel-opponent's renown, the more his troops run away as you defeat him. So, it's entirly possible all his army has ran away.

Try to count the amount of renown your army occpies right now. Check the WIP manual in the OP, all the renown-cost values listed there.

It seems to add up, ive got 1500 renown now, and got +56 free renown having 11 Chaos Warriors, 2 Crushers, 2 Elite marauders and 9 weatherd marauders. Still weird that i only had -330 at one point, and after a battle losing most of my marauder i had almost double that :razz: Still the alpha is very enjoyable, the first mission alone of Chaos attacking the village is awesome, and the blessings of the chaos gods are a perfect addition in the mod!

Very nice job to you and everyone working on the mod

So, my poor Empire Captin has been slayed and has now risen as an Undead.

Now all Im wondering is (after wandering aimlessly alone in the world for quite a while) Where do I find myself some undeads to make a warband with? :smile:

Edit: Nvm, after searchin the south for a reaaaally long while I bumped into an army of 200+ skeletons! And after gathering for a while. My hoard now wanders the Empires south bring death along its path! Ty, mod is freaking great man!

Yeah the undead thing is a good idea, although I have to say becoming a skeleton in WH universe is not very appealing :roll:... skeletons are kind of the lowest forms of "existance" possible (well still better than zombies I guess lol) weak, mindless and without purpose...  :dead: just not for me thank you...

I was thinking however; this idea really has potential... what if the player was to come back not as a skeleton but as say... a VAMPIRE? IMO that would be groundbreaking!
imagine this: you get to become a vampire lord and round up all the undead in Ostland to launch a massive offensive on the living, both Empire and Chaos.
You start off with mere, crappy, renown-free skeletons (possibly add zombies too) then if you manage to conquer a settlement, as your renown grows, you'd be able to hire Graveguards and then Black Knights...
That would be really cool; it would add a third faction to the mod, give the player the chance to make his own kingdom and it could be done without having to model anything at all from scratch too...  vampires and zombies could simply use human skin with a different texture and as for undead equipment they could simply use Empire stuff (maybe with just a retexturing).

Of course this is just a suggestion and an afterthought; just a way to expand on a very good idea making it quite appealing to those who like Vampire Counts (which, I confess, happen to be my favourite army along with the Empire  :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom