SP Fantasy [WB] Grim Age: Ostland Campaign - Alpha released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure but I can't recruit marauders of norsca or any other high tier units . I am a northern legend still at around 70 days in (I used cheats for "testing purposes" ) and it might be a bug or my game is bugged (as in download or some other crap ) . Nonetheless I like the tweaks that you mentioned Anderus not sure how they will work out but eager for a new update . And browsing trough the cheatmenu I found a bretonian sword will they be making a appearance or will they be a mercenary unit  . Also will the empire's quest line be prolonged further or is once you report back the end of it , I really liked how I had to dodge the massive hordes and take out the weak ones , the traumatized soldier and us being strict with him was a bloody good detail , in fact this mod is all about the details and even though it has only 2 factions ( so far) I must say that I've experienced roleplay like never before , AND IT DOESN'T CRASH EVERY 5 MINUTES EVEN WITH MY ****TY PC SO I AM ALREADY IN LOVE . Sry for caps khorne pinched my butt had to do it .

Also will the empire's quest line be prolonged further or is once you report back the end of it

According to Andreus' posts, their plan is to make a "Chapter 1" that will have a full Empire campaign, and then a "Chapter 2" that will have a full Chaos campaign. Meaning that Chaos player will be "stuck" in the sandbox game for longer. Undead stuff will come after those two main storylines are completed. But we're talking several months for the Empire campaign most likely, especially since they'll also need to fix/patch the alpha first.

Echtel said:
Luffaren said:
I think rather it should be a harder thing to become. Like as an Empire captin maybe get an invite from someone you get friends with and HE turns you into a Vampire. Since it really would be wierd to explain how you died on the battlefield and arose as a Vampire Count, dont you think? :/

Well yes, kinda; but honestly I don't really mind. To tell the truth it would be harder still to explain how you turn into a skeleton on your own without a necromancer\vampire reanimating your corpse (which technically would make you into a zombie actually  :lol:) and how you not only retain your mind intact but are even able to order other undead around... that's even stranger no? But who cares, honestly I don't really feel the need to justify the ability to play as a vampire in a WH mod for Warband too much. All I know is it would be cool as hell :wink: (uhmm... COOL as hell?? :shock:)

Anyway it's quite pointless to start discussing it right now, as Andreus wisely said...

Haha didnt mean no harm with the comment man ^^
Yeah I hear you, its kinda wierd. Most that ALL of your skin and meat ferment and dissapears in like 1-2days ingame xD

But the Vampire count thing could be a cool "hidden" quest line or something to make it harder to become one! :3 Its would be so cool. Although as of now with the routing mechaninc of Warband and how crazy weak the undead are. It wouldnt be to nice :/ I had like 1,3k skeletons and and Empire army of like 100 killed all of us, since when alot of men die at once in Warband, people start routing. Had the same problem while playing Chaos. Its really irritating to see like Chaos Warriors fleeing for their lives like it matter'd to them xD

Kaiser Grimnir said:
Next bug ...

1. As nothern legend you can recruit Zealots, nice, but ...

They dont show up in your own Army list.
They do show up, if you move the cursor over your Player Map guy.
They still take Prisoners - i have now 600 + Prisoners ...
You can entlist them from your army, not even when they´re all dead (ex. 0 Zealots but 45 Prisoners).
It seems that they have no effect on your Food and Moral.
If they Convert Prisoners or take imprisoned Ostland troops (if you dont take them after battle) you get a penalty on your moral because of your Ostland weaklings

What is intended and what is not?

2. Have anyone try to capture a Castle by themselve ... i waiting for many days and it dont get rewarded to me or some other Lord ...

1. I'll add the ability to detach them from main party. Otherwise it works as intended.

Sal_TheConqueror said:
Not sure but I can't recruit marauders of norsca or any other high tier units . I am a northern legend still at around 70 days in (I used cheats for "testing purposes" ) and it might be a bug or my game is bugged (as in download or some other crap ) . Nonetheless I like the tweaks that you mentioned Anderus not sure how they will work out but eager for a new update . And browsing trough the cheatmenu I found a bretonian sword will they be making a appearance or will they be a mercenary unit  . Also will the empire's quest line be prolonged further or is once you report back the end of it , I really liked how I had to dodge the massive hordes and take out the weak ones , the traumatized soldier and us being strict with him was a bloody good detail , in fact this mod is all about the details and even though it has only 2 factions ( so far) I must say that I've experienced roleplay like never before , AND IT DOESN'T CRASH EVERY 5 MINUTES EVEN WITH MY ****TY PC SO I AM ALREADY IN LOVE . Sry for caps khorne pinched my butt had to do it .

Check the amount of your free renown in the "Reports" menu. You should have at least 20 to hire a Norsca marauder or Berserker. "Brettonian Sword" is just name of a sword used by Empire swordsmen. There aren't going to be Brettonians at all.

Here's 3 pictures of my current issue .
http://prntscr.com/89gn37
http://prntscr.com/89go7j
http://prntscr.com/89gpnk

(Sry for ****ty uploads but this way it uploads much faster than some other sites)

It might have occured if you skipped "Well known" rank by adding too much renown using cheats. For testing purposes, try to start a new game and add 200-250 renown and then go to a town and try to recruit Norscas and Berserkers.

Sure thing ! But in future could the issue be fixed because I like having one cheating character where I just have fun and rekt the silly ai , and the legit one where I don't have as much fun and rekt the silly ai .

Okay it did work once I was well known I got to recruit all of them , but once I tested to see if high renown would break it again it did , I bumped my renown up to 7k and all I was able to recruit is just a massive horde of weathered marauders , maybe there's a certain threshold or something not quite sure . I guess I will try to add around 300 renown per recruitment to see if it works or not . Also god damn those chaos warriors take forever to level up .

So here we go again. Andreus added some Orc props from TLD, which go perfectly with the mod proper. Redid most of the Ferlangen town, and finished the siege scene. Have a look.

JJu4e.jpg
0Yyw4.jpg
-GNDE.jpg
9F9iB.jpg
fT-Ro.jpg
xuMX3.jpg

1vclW.jpg
9ufM0.jpg
Z5okS.jpg
kfchv.jpg
79-qf.jpg
80XNu.jpg

Sal_TheConqueror said:
Okay it did work once I was well known I got to recruit all of them , but once I tested to see if high renown would break it again it did , I bumped my renown up to 7k and all I was able to recruit is just a massive horde of weathered marauders , maybe there's a certain threshold or something not quite sure . I guess I will try to add around 300 renown per recruitment to see if it works or not . Also god damn those chaos warriors take forever to level up .

I looked into the code and tested it myself - damn, I found many non-obvious bugs, not noticed by me before. I devoted half of day to fix and test those, and will continue testing today. Anyway it will be much more better in the patch.

Comrade Temuzu said:
So here we go again. Andreus added some Orc props from TLD, which go perfectly with the mod proper. Redid most of the Ferlangen town, and finished the siege scene. Have a look.

JJu4e.jpg
0Yyw4.jpg
-GNDE.jpg
9F9iB.jpg
fT-Ro.jpg
xuMX3.jpg

1vclW.jpg
9ufM0.jpg
Z5okS.jpg
kfchv.jpg
79-qf.jpg
80XNu.jpg

Amazing scene!

Thank you for the dedication , so was the problem caused by massive renown influx or the "Northern Legend" rank , also I found a bug when you capture a enemy lord you can keep sacrificing him for 3 morale unlimited amounts of time , a good idea would be to add lord executions , also maybe a feature from brytenwalda (not sure if it's in any other mods) where you can build your own camp would be quite useful and somewhat logical for the mod's setting , I presume that you will be adding more unit types (Such as heavy cavalry for both the empire and chaos) and I am pretty hyped for that ,  so I will continiue playing and try to find more bugs . Also the morale threshold should be bumped up , since no chaos warrior would run away from death or a fight , and I doubt that the patriotic empirals would flee aswell . So best of luck with the modding , eager for the new release . 

Made Schonfeld a bit more chaos inhabited. The city itself did not see a whole lot of fighting, the chaos forces basically smashed in the gates and waltzed right in, with the small garrison left in the city unable to oppose them. So the town is mostly intact yet the presence of the marauder and chaos forces are everywhere to be seen.

CLLev.jpg
3vEIG.jpg
uSv3P.jpg
6k0Ay.jpg

I don't know if this is possible , but sings of horrific act , blood , impaled bodies , to set off a dark tone so that you can realize what happened here .

Also upgrading units costs renown did not know that , so I was quite surprised and somewhat thankful that renown lowers so I could recruit more Chaos units :grin: .

Your mod is simply "jouissif"  :grin:
I've played it yesterday, and I enjoyed myself  crushed  by these... chaos ? (I don't know  Warhammer's univers, I'm there only  for  loud fight)

I know this is only alpha, but :

1- Villages are systematically reduced to ashes (only 45 days of games and already half of  villages are totally destroyed)

2- Hunger: I cannot longer nourish my troops (no markets, villages destroyed, ...) = you have to think restoring the merchants in the cities, or find other ways to find some foods (hunting, picking in  forest ...)

3- Too (TOO) many Roadwarden  easily recuperable in quantities from Zealots (very easy to beat)

4- Companions: how to equip them since I can't loot,  buy or sell  anything ? (not a big issue for me)

5- balance of forces :  must take into account what  difficulty  player plays
(for me, 105% difficulty, and I find them very balanced, except marksmen of course :wink: )

6- minor thing, a misplaced village
NDhQpJL.jpg

Yeah, Schonfeld get a Chaos presence  :shock: :shock:
Cant wait for seeing it in the mod.

Some Questions

Is it possible to get a Great Sword as Player Character?
Will it be possible in future to play as Sigmar priest/novice?

Some Map Issues:

There are some bridges without a river on the map...
Some villages in the South cant be reached by the camera ...

A suggestion: Change the Low-Money-Problem

As Player of the Empire you can buy items like "High Quality Metal" which you cant use, because you have no smithy in town. Also you get some Chaos armor after fights, which you can sell in some villages (I have no Idea why villagers need those things). You earn money for each fight, through wages (500 comander + some more if you are a "mercenary").

As Chaos Player you get also much loot and use it to forge your new strong Armor and Weapons, but you cant sell them (Thats ok, why should Norse Warriors use weakling armor and weapons). Also you get some money (50 denars) for raiding villages and much stuff you cant use or sell.

What if every town has a:

Smithy who produces weapons and armors for your Faction. The Smithy need items to build this stuff. He pay a small amount of money if you bring him stuff to melt down. In the end-game you maybe can build here different weapons which also cost a high amount of money because of their superiorness (z.B. Sigmarhammer or Greatsword).

Quartermaster wo sells and buy food and maybe other stuff if you have a higher rank (now a Chaos Warrior can sell his looted stuff from village raids).

As Empire Player you have more work an fun by working on your Player Char (or companion) armor, as Chaos Player you have more money to gather a army...

fladin said:
Your mod is simply "jouissif"  :grin:
I've played it yesterday, and I enjoyed myself  crushed  by these... chaos ? (I don't know  Warhammer's univers, I'm there only  for  loud fight)

I know this is only alpha, but :

1- Villages are systematically reduced to ashes (only 45 days of games and already half of  villages are totally destroyed)

2- Hunger: I cannot longer nourish my troops (no markets, villages destroyed, ...) = you have to think restoring the merchants in the cities, or find other ways to find some foods (hunting, picking in  forest ...)

3- Too (TOO) many Roadwarden  easily recuperable in quantities from Zealots (very easy to beat)

4- Companions: how to equip them since I can't loot,  buy or sell  anything ? (not a big issue for me)

5- balance of forces :  must take into account what  difficulty  player plays
(for me, 105% difficulty, and I find them very balanced, except marksmen of course :wink: )

6- minor thing, a misplaced village
NDhQpJL.jpg

Yep, almost everything has been adressed in the patch. I hope to release it soon.

Villages are razed with 30% probability.

Kaiser Grimnir said:
Yeah, Schonfeld get a Chaos presence  :shock: :shock:
Cant wait for seeing it in the mod.

Some Questions

Is it possible to get a Great Sword as Player Character?
Will it be possible in future to play as Sigmar priest/novice?

Some Map Issues:

There are some bridges without a river on the map...
Some villages in the South cant be reached by the camera ...

A suggestion: Change the Low-Money-Problem

As Player of the Empire you can buy items like "High Quality Metal" which you cant use, because you have no smithy in town. Also you get some Chaos armor after fights, which you can sell in some villages (I have no Idea why villagers need those things). You earn money for each fight, through wages (500 comander + some more if you are a "mercenary").

As Chaos Player you get also much loot and use it to forge your new strong Armor and Weapons, but you cant sell them (Thats ok, why should Norse Warriors use weakling armor and weapons). Also you get some money (50 denars) for raiding villages and much stuff you cant use or sell.

What if every town has a:

Smithy who produces weapons and armors for your Faction. The Smithy need items to build this stuff. He pay a small amount of money if you bring him stuff to melt down. In the end-game you maybe can build here different weapons which also cost a high amount of money because of their superiorness (z.B. Sigmarhammer or Greatsword).

Quartermaster wo sells and buy food and maybe other stuff if you have a higher rank (now a Chaos Warrior can sell his looted stuff from village raids).

As Empire Player you have more work an fun by working on your Player Char (or companion) armor, as Chaos Player you have more money to gather a army...

Check the WIP guide at the first page. It has only section, an it's about recruiting.

Nope, I've never planned Sigmarite priest roleplay.

Yep, the map is still WIP.

I'd prefer having Quartermeisters and smithies as unique fetures of factions. I have returned goods and horses in Empire towns and added the option to sell goods to smiths though.
I'll make those Chaos-ingredients not merchendised.

Back
Top Bottom