Greeks Preview pgs 10 -> 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Monster hangover at the moment but tomorrow I'm putting up a full thread on Persia as a faction and its units.

The Parameridia horse armour was very rare but there are enough examples of it in art and in textual references to be fairly certain that in turned up on more than just general's luxury pieces.

As for the re-work its still slightly too large on the lower portion. The riders feet need to poke out more visibly - I know it doesn't seem like the most efficient design but the images always have the feet unprotected. Simply put, the armour was extremely expensive and very heavy so minimalism seems to have been the order of the day.

I just noticed the saddle cloth and croped mane by the way, really great job!

Good deal. After you post that, I'll be alternating work between the references you give me and the greek factions.

EDIT:

Another athenian unit. Pattern reference from Sekunda.

Lynores said:
Good deal. After you post that, I'll be alternating work between the references you give me and the greek factions.

EDIT:

+1 to this post what an amazing athenian mate . Remember what I suggest from the shield :$...
also do you think you could implement the overhand spear formation? you know, vanilla´s one is a bit unrealistic.
anyway, excellent job :wink:

WTH
I didn't know you came back!
Glory to the gods of M&B!
Welcome back dude and I hope you keep up the good stuff. Everything on here is bloody amazing.

Lynores said:

EDIT:

the symbol look like he is a Syracusan

Matheus

Thanks, buddy. That's my old mate from Portugal, right?

Rez:

I'm fooling around with some models here and testing normal map shaders for clothes until you give me the real reference material. I was wondering, how common were these head garments in the east? I've seen something like this in some books, but I don't remember the source or the timeframe.

74737851.jpg

That's a damn good model for the Persian soldier's head dress and its perfect for almost the entire Achaemenid empire's timeframe. There were variants on the style throughout the Iranian east but the one in that pic looks to me like it should be reserved for the Persian models. I'll do a colour guide when i get my reference pics up tomorrow but i'm glad to see the white headband, or diadem, is included.

Cool. If you could get me a reference picture I'll get it redone with better detail, I just threw that out from some reference I barely remember.

Will do, I have several I used for RoP so its not a problem. It is 4am here at the moment, though so I'm going to have to save it for tomorrow's bundle.

Really good stuff Lynores.
If you need someone to make previews/videos for ya. I can record in HD and have good video editing software so don't hesitate to ask WTR team for resources :wink:

Awesome, thanks, bud. I most definitely will.

EDIT:

Persian heavy cavalry prototype models. Legs redone for boot mesh, no leg or armor clipping. Texture is a wip, patterns will be altered. Specularity is a bit messed up but what the hell.

semttulo2cpiabb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom