Greeks Preview pgs 10 -> 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks a lot, guys. I'm glad to be back and seeing all those old faces (or avatars ) again. Funny how we remember each and every person (almost two years later) and specific conversations we had without ever meeting them. Always nice seeing new faces as well, and the awesome high number of people that Warband has brought to our old M&B community.

QuickDagger said:
then it'll take a while

or... then it will take scene maker.  :grin:

Yes, well, I plan on giving Dawg and Arzeal a heads up and open up a thread specifically for that. I will keep working on scenes for an indeterminate time though.

What I do plan for the future is:
a) Obviously bugfixing and polishing
b) Further enhance formations,  add animations and make more scripts
c) Scenes

That's pretty much it, with some cool new units in between as references come along. That will give me a solid but peaceful line of development, instead of the crazy back and forth between modelling,  texturing, scripting, sceneing, testing, researching, back to modelling etc etc that I got right now.  :lol:

And besides, from now on you will be the one hearing complaints about how scythians hand players' arses back to them, how thracian peltasts are overpowered, people dying from a javelin hit, people getting run over by persian horses. They always do. So, I will just sit back and relax with some nice pilão and a couple guantanameras:lol:

We have a skilled Scene maker, Hulksmash, he's done some really nice maps for AoFI. If you have scene props he can help if you like =)

Hey Lynores, the 1.134 is out - http://www.taleworlds.com/download.aspx?type=2

Mostly modding stuff - new operations
player_set_is_admin
player_get_gender
play_sound_at_position
position_get_rotation_around_x
position_get_rotation_around_y
position_set_scale_x
position_set_scale_y
troop_set_class
agent_get_speed
agent_refill_wielded_shield_hit_points
agent_is_in_special_mode
agent_set_division
agent_get_item_slot
agent_stop_sound
agent_set_attached_scene_prop_y
class_set_name
prop_instance_is_valid
prop_instance_set_scale
prop_instance_intersects_with_prop_instance
replace_prop_instance
store_asin
store_acos
store_atan
store_atan2
str_encode_url
new triggers
ti_on_agent_hit
ti_on_scene_prop_start_use
ti_on_scene_prop_cancel_use
ti_on_item_picked_up
ti_on_item_dropped
ti_on_agent_mount
ti_on_agent_dismount
ti_on_item_wielded
ti_on_item_unwielded
and some new flags
itp_extra_penetration
itp_has_bayonet
itp_cant_reload_while_moving
itp_ignore_gravity
itp_ignore_friction
sokf_missiles_not_attached

I wonder if it'll bring more modding abilities to make the mod more perfect :smile:

WHEN IS DIS GONNA BE FOR WARBAND? I WANNA PLAY IT!!! and for the love of sweet helen can we please upload it to a single site?

tenerife_boy said:
Hey, Lynores, as the alpha poll was in favour to release an early alpha of the mod, what are you gonna do?

Well, since it was only two to one in that poll, I might release it sooner, but not that soon. For a really early release I was expecting it to have a bigger difference. So I will probably make some more scenes before the release, not tons of them, but not just a couple either. If I get any help with that it will pop up sooner, obviously, if not, then I'll just take my usual approach and keep working at it by myself. I will probably need some testers before the actual release though, so I might hit you guys up when the time is near.

EDIT:

I've been playing around with some models and textures while I work on Persia. Let me know if you folks like this stronger model. If you do I'll  add it in there and adjust a couple things to make it accurate then throw a different texture there.

semttulo1cpiasf.jpg

semttulo2cpiay.jpg

Yes, I need all help I can get with scenes. There are many to be done. Everything else is fine, I'll handle it myself.

Here's the thread.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148597.0.html

the unit is nice and I love to see another muscled cuirass.
Will there be more? Like the one I sent you.
In the other hand, I still think the hoplon is too small.

anyway, nice job! :smile:

I will probably be making some lighter and other darker versions for cuirasses, though I really need to watch my folder here, TPW is over 1gb already. There are some textures to be scaled down, though.

EDIT:

Same model, just no shoulder pads. My original question was about whether people would like stronger models (as in arms, legs, overall size) or not. Not as a replacement, but an addon for a few specific units.

I've rescaled the arms and legs a bit on these, personally I think they look a bit meaner this way.
semttulo4cpiad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom