Greeks Preview pgs 10 -> 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynores

Baron
Main post edited for future information and selected screenshots.

The Peloponnesian War's Team:

Lynores - Mod Developer.
Rez-TWC - Researcher for Persia.
Sahran - Researcher for Carthage and Samnite Federation.
Von Schweinewitz - Researcher for Greek Architecture.

trueten said:
Wait, you don't need to do the normal mapping? It's all in already?

Good news indeed. Nice to see you back.

normal mapping for his models?  Native normal maps are in but I'm thinking he would need to make normal maps for his models?  Or did he already make normal maps for them before?...I don't know since nothing was really bump mapped in the first M&B.

Yes, all of my models had normals / bumps and some had speculars from the beginning. I didn't have to change anything. I just need to port it and work on new stuff, thankfully.

Holy Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Lynores is back!  And porting!  This has just made my day.

And to keep on topic, that's some pretty hoplite there.

Cheers
Kvedulf

Thanks.

The porting is going pretty smoothly and a lot easier than I expected. The mod's original content is all into warband already, though I am working on several improvements before releasing an alpha. The map is huge so is taking a lot of my time. It goes from sicily up to macedonia and east as far as Sardis. I am reluctant to add Macedonia as a faction, though, since I have no knowledge about them during this timeframe. All my sources are out, I have no idea what those guys looked like before Phillip's time. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Main reason the demo version didnt have a proper map:

Who could think of the Aegean and not think of water?  :roll:

Seriously, though, I'm glad I finally got this working. Having 70% water on a map suitable for land was freaking me out. Not to mention the importance of sea battles for Athens.

Lynores said:
Thanks.

EDIT:

Main reason the demo version didnt have a proper map:

Who could think of the Aegean and not think of water?  :roll:

Seriously, though, I'm glad I finally got this working. Having 70% water on a map suitable for land was freaking me out. Not to mention the importance of sea battles for Athens.

Awesome, can't wait to see the map.  Are you adding any new scripts to the mod as well?

Yes, the mod has been rebuilt over the Diplomacy script, then shield bash and sea travel/battle was implemented. I've reworked some of my original scripts like sabotage as well. Foxyman's formations is also in. I've encountered a few bugs especially merging those scripts but its been solved already.

I remember the old version had formations. There are new improved formations for WB - http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2207

And do lords still be "mortal"?

Geez Lynores, All of the progress makes it seems that
its going to be out in no time!

Maybe the other mods should hire you
to wrap it up  :roll:

Well, if I were to release just a port it would be ready now, though I want to add at least a couple scenes and maybe a new faction for the alpha. I also want to work on companions and polish a few things and smooth the map shores better, detail it a bit more etc.

I can't possibly work on over 200 scenes by myself, at least not right now, so I will start a thread explaining how to work on them once its released so people can play around with the buildings and send their saved scene to me to be implemented. There are very few reference pictures about towns, so theres enough room for a bit of creativity there.

Back
Top Bottom