Greedalicious's Competitive Commentating topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Greedalicious

Grandmaster Knight
Hello there everyone I'm Greedalicious. Some of you might know me from Warband where I commentated pretty actively, including the Battle of Bucharest LAN event hosted by Taleworld. Well after several years of waiting, we can finally stream competitive matches in Bannerlord aswell!

The idea behind the streams is to make them as professional as possible, and push Mount & Blade forward as a serious competitive game, and see where it takes us.
I'll do my best not to swear, production value will be as high as I can make it with my childlike ability in photoshop, and overall treat it like any other e-sports tournament or tv broadcast.

So! Whats the plan.
Well I've been working on most of this on and off for some time, setting up systems, programs and the likes to make it as smooth as possible, while keeping it a good viewer experience, but things can always improve. Heres some of the things I'm currently working on. (Feedback is always appriciated)

Signatures for matches
Got sick before the finale so while watching Popos stream, I started tinkering with this. I'll see if I can make the signatures link auto update incase people want to add it as their own signatures aswell should they want to. Heres a few prototypes.
vi9IVCp.png

ItJQnvU.png

tFmzxtR.png

Since not all clans have a banner, the nameplate is added. Can also add the ingame clan banner they chose when creating the clan although those are uh...Yeah....

Player introductions
I posted this on the old BEAST group about a year ago, and I got a some player info through that, but preferebly I'd like everyone, so I can make player highlights etc. I'd also like team introductions, I know some clans do group pictures for example so things like that would also be nice to have.
Giving relevant information about the player is abit rough without stats, so I'll talk to some people about that, what I've also been looking into, actually for years now I just never got it going, is player rankings based purely on statistics and not on personal opinion. This would be nice for the stream ofcourse, but also help seeding teams for divisions since every time theres a tournament, people start asking if this or that player should really be playing in a lower division. Well that can be avoided with a system like that. (Bit of a rant here but its a plan I might get working on)
Heres a link to the player introduction topic I made. You can also post the information here if you want to, or if you're shy, send it to me over steam or discord. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/player-introductions.446643/
Anyway heres somewhat how the player introduction currently looks
NW3G56T.jpeg

Creating a team
Obviously I cant do all these things alone. I'll be looking for people that can help out in various ways, anything from co commentating, to chat moderation, to graphics designers, to- well you get the picture. Also just general feedback helps alot but theres alot of things I dont have the ability to do and theres only so many hours a day. (someone who can help with forum stuff and BB code is probably a must after seing how basic this topic looks)

Giving something back to the supporters
Got alot of great support on the first stream we did which I wasnt expecting, and I'd like to give something extra back to the people who subscribe, donate and all that jazz, so I'm working on a few ideas for that. I just...dont really know what. Theres the usual Twitch benefits of no ads, emotes etc but I'd like to add more. So far I've made this to show the subscribers on the pre stream and warmup rounds. I want the streams to be worth your money basically.
DwzUNth.jpeg

But I have a few more ideas, for viewers and subscribers alike.

Exchange program
For those of you that watched my Warband streams, you might remember the system I had in place to exchange stream viewer points with mercenaries gold. Basically you if you had 10 000 channel points, you could exchange it for x amounts of gold in Mercenaries (It mightve been a 1:1 exchange rate I cant really recall) but thats not really possible right now since well, mercenaries is dead, and so is the system I used. Got an idea on replacing it with cRPG gold, but right now we cant trade that either so it'll be a feature for later.

Betting
I love gambling, and the system I had for warband let people bet their channel points on the results of matches/sets. I'd like this to be re-added but for that I need a chat moderator thats capable and willing to run this.

Replay system
I have an idea for this aswell but making it run smoothly is turning out to be a pain in the ass, especially without extra support from a chat moderator.
The idea I have is that a member of the audience (most likely a moderator) clips something they want shown as a replay, I'll be able to show it at the start of the next round, since the start of the rounds are usually somewhat slow. I have parts of it worked out, missing some hardware basically.

Podcast?
Dunno bout this one, I did one before in Warband, once. You know the idea behind this. You get a bunch of people from the community to discuss the state of the game, meta, drama (oh boy) and all that jazz. I technically have all I need for it I just need to know if theres interest for it.

I've been out of the game for a while now, literally. I havent really played Bannerlord in the last year, and I've not played competitive for roughly 2 years. I'm out of date on the meta, the tactics, the maps, the teams, the players. I've also updated my old setup significantly since Warband, so I have to learn how to do that again, and Bannerlord is still in abit of a broken state. Spectator client works more or less, but it gets confused on teams, etc etc. Basically, things will take time, but I'll do my best to make the viewing experience as good as possible. If you have feedback on the streams, you have matches you want me to cover, or if you want to help out, dont hesitate to message me and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks for everyone making this possible. Big thanks to Krex for making the streamer tools, hes the main reason we're actually able to cast matches now so if you see him, give him a big hug. Also a big thanks to Gotha for making the custom servers work well, and thanks to VW for letting me creep on their matches to run tests.

Merry christmas and all that, and lets make 2023 a good year for competitive Bannerlord!
(If you see mistakes, blame my fever)

Match history

Bannerlord Native League Season 1 [BNL]
CasterCo-casterTournamentStageTeam 1Team 2YoutubeTwitch
GreedaliciousQueen RitaBannerlord Native LeagueGroup stageRisen Manifest Silver [RMS]Destiny Masters [DM]Youtube linkTwitch link

Crpg Skirmish Tournament
GreedaliciousGhostcRPG 2 Skirmish LeagueRound 1Vineyard Workers [VW]Destiny Masters [DM]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciouscRPG 2 Skirmish LeagueRound 1Vineyard Workers [VW]Kalmar [KLMR]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousGhostcRPG 2 Skirmish LeagueWinner BracketSigma Gentem [SGM]Imperium Polskie [IPL]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousGhostcRPG 2 Skirmish LeagueLosers BracketXooD High Rollers [XooD]Croissant DestroyersYoutube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousGhostcRPG 2 Skirmish LeagueWinners BracketRisen Manifest [RM]Holy Inquisition [HINQ]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciouscRPG 2 Skirmish LeagueWinners BracketStygian [STIX]XooD High Rollers [XooD]Youtube linkTwitch link

Bannerlord Native League Season 2 [BNL]
GreedaliciousGhostBannerlord Native LeaguePlayoff to division AVineyard Workers [VW]Ignite [IG]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousGhostBannerlord Native LeaguePlayoff to division AVis Maior [VYS]Imperial Eagles [IE]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousNutellaBannerlord Native LeaguePlayoff to division AVis Maior [VYS]Holy Inquisition [HINQ]Youtube linkTwitch link

3v3 Groupfighting Tournament
GreedaliciousRaven3v3 groupfightingQuarter finalHairless, Pacemaker, AxderGobou, Hodor, RigoYoutube linkTwitch link
3v3 groupfightingQuarter finalArni, Zeyden, MaximouBard, Joker, RamsusYoutube link
GreedaliciousNutella3v3 groupfightingSemi finalArni, Zeyden, MaximouGotha, Sunny, RitterYoutube linkTwitch link
Greedalicious3v3 groupfightingSemi finalHairless, Pacemaker, AxderAuthari, Nutella, KriseeYoutube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousRaven3v3 groupfightingFinalGotha, Sunny, RitterAuthari, Nutella, KriseeeYoutube linkTwitch link

Bannerlord Native League Season 3 [BNL]
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeaguePlayoff to division AImperial Eagles [IE]The Chide Village [TCV]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeaguePlayoff to division AStygian [STIX]The Chide Village [TCV]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 1 Division FInternacia Unio [IUO]Duchy of Parma [PARM]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousRavenBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 1 Division AHoly Inquisition [HINQ]Vineyard Workers [VW]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousNutellaBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 1 Division AThe Chide Village [TCV]Deutschritter Furor [DR]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 2 Division BBlack Team [BT]Imperial Eagles [IE]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 2 Division EVineyard Workers HGJ [VW]Volsung Berserkers [VSC]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 2 Division FInternacia Unio [IUO]Kingdom of Vlandia [VLND]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 2 Division ADeutschritter Furor [DR]Holy Inquisition [HINQ]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 2 Division FTaleworlds Entertainment [TW]Duchy of Parma [PARM]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 3 Division AThe Chide Village [TCV]Holy Inquisition [HINQ]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 3 Division BSimia Gentem [SGM]Imperial Eagles [IE]Youtube linkTwitch tv
GreedaliciousBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 3 Division EVestmar Dominion Pink [VD]OnlyFrauds [OF]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousMr AshBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 4 Division AVineyard Workers [VW]The Chide Village [TCV]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousRavenBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 4 Division CLibere Equites [Eque]Tranquility [TQ]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousRavenBannerlord Native LeagueWeek 5 Division AVineyard Workers [VW]Deutschritter Furor [DR]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousLukinBannerlord Native LeaguePromotion to Div DVineyard Workers HGJ [VW]OnlyFrauds [OF]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousRavenBannerlord Native LeagueDivision A Grand FinalDeutschritter Furor [DR]Holy Inquisition [HINQ]Youtube linkTwitch link
GreedaliciousBannerlord Native LeaguePromotion to Div ASimia Gentem [SGM]Imperial Eagles [IE]Youtube linkTwitch link

Last edited:
Great Work and Respect every push the game keep go forward ppl☀️
Thanks!
Good luck ! But did the servers finnaly stop crashing and we can finnaly have some tournaments ? Or is still a nightmare of crash ?
Yes and no. The tournaments are played on custom servers now which is the only way to allow for spectators. They still crash sometimes but stability is much better than it was.

Good to hear that servers improve and especially that you are still on it to bring a nice Mount & Blade streaming experience to us!

Looking forward to 2023 as well :party:

Rita was available and she expressed an interest in commentating. I've known her a while, and I knew she wouldnt insult the teams or swear excessively so obviously I gave her a chance. She also knows the players better than I do since I've been out of the loop for the last year++ so the choice was pretty clear.
I also like the contrast in voices, it makes it very clear who is who when they talk, which makes it easier to pay attention.

What I'd like is a small ish team of commentators that I can stream with regularly, so the chemistry makes it more enjoyable to watch.
The difficulty here is that most matches happen at the same time. 19:00 GMT on Sundays. So finding a co caster that isnt already playing in a match makes things more difficult. Back in Warband, most of the casters I had knew the game incredibly well, but werent actively playing on teams, so scheduling a stream was rarely an issue.

Anyway lots to learn, lots to improve on, we'll all get better the more we do it.

With all this said aswell if people are interested in casting let me know. I have a couple of people that've shown interest, just need matches to happen now really. Also please let me know of any training matches that are happening. Like I've said, I've fallen behind on the meta etc and with Native being pretty...well comatose, training matches can help me catch up.

With tournaments starting up again, I'll be covering the cRPG 2 Skirmish Tournament starting tonight.

Planning on streaming Vineyard Workers vs Destiny Masters tonight (Saturday) at 20:00 CET
Also planning a stream for Sunday but havent picked out which one yet

Hello Greedy,

How are you, old friend? Is this competitive thing still going on? I would like to see it if it is.

p.s.
Are you still in Wolfpack?
Hey man its been a while!
Yeah its still a thing, slowly but surely. Right now we have the cRPG 2 tournament, and BNL will be starting soon. After that we have a Nations Cup which should be fun.

And yep, still in Wolfpack, we just play other games these days.

Hey man its been a while!
Yeah its still a thing, slowly but surely. Right now we have the cRPG 2 tournament, and BNL will be starting soon. After that we have a Nations Cup which should be fun.

And yep, still in Wolfpack, we just play other games these days.
That is great to hear! I am happy to hear you and the boys (guys?) are still rocking out together. Exceeding_Arrow sends his regards as well!

Sadly the latest patch broke pretty much everything so the match was cancelled. Its been rescheduled for Sunday at 20:00 CET so we'll finish it off there. Gives me abit more time to test some things though >)

Everything should be updated now, every match playlisted both on Youtube and Twitch. My BBcode remains an abomination but I've accepted that.
Hope people've been enjoying it so far. The matches I mean not the bbcode.

I salute you, thanks for the effort

Bannerlord is sometimes buggy, but it its a marvel of a game

During these steam spring sales the other "similar" game is only 8usd. but is not even close in terms of immersion and quality to bannerlord that is still 36usd

we need to to bring people to Mutliplayer.

So! Sorry its been a while, summer being summer, life being life, and my pc breaking down.
We're back though, and with BNL starting soon, I'll work on improving things as much as possible. Also have a project on the side but, more on that later.

Anyways, the 3v3 tournament is reaching its final stages, I'll be covering as many of those as possible aswell. Heres the first one, stage 3 match with Hairless, Pacemaker and Axder vs Gobou, Rigo and Hodor. Sadly had some mic issues, not quite sure what the issue is, but I'll investigate, most likely windows 11 reset all my settings and preferences.
Links below, and high above.
Youtube link
Twitch link

Back
Top Bottom