Greatest last stands in history for a worthy cause

Users who are viewing this thread

war300 said:
Úlfheðinn said:
"They wanted to destroy our country and kill us all!!! They were evil, we were the good guys!!! True story!"
Then I'm wondering what the hell Allies were doing with their all forces and colonies in Gallipoli. I guess they didn't come for five o'clock tea.
Imperialism is always evil.

I am not arguing that they were not trying to defeat the Ottoman empire, rather I disagree that the main goal of the Allied forces was to commit genocide or some such action.

Attempting to win a war or battle is not the same as trying to murder the entire population of an opposing nation after all.

What I replied to:
ancalimon said:
when several super powers are invading your country in order to commit the biggest genocide in history and destroy the country

However, if you, anaclimon or anyone else can refer me to information/proof/evidence suggesting that the Allied forces invaded the Ottoman empire with their main goal being to commit genocide then feel free to post it.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Oh another Turk who denies the Armenian genocide, funny that pretty much everyone else in the world thinks otherwise, must just be the evil world preventing the Turkish from being a superpower like you were for 500 years, or whatever the hell you were claiming earlier.
Bah, another little man who makes a genocide story up and sticks out for we accept this. You cannot find someone who accepted Armenian genocide as a truth in Asia, Africa and South of America continental because of historical togetherness. So, no one accepts the genocide except maybe some of old communist block countries and imperialist, cruel western world. Therefore you're limited with little happy Europe. Then bring your proofs about genocide. Your speaking without proofs doesn't make the genocide real. You can think what you want in your wonderland but this is real world. The Ottoman Empire in the past and Turkey at present has always been an arena for which intrigues were incessantly designed. The colonialist superpowers wishing to eradicate the Ottoman Empire from the world by dividing it did not fail to use in their schemes also the Armenians who coexisted in peace with the Turks for so many centuries. There are today just like in the past, several countries striving to secure themselves political and economic benefits at the expense of Armenian community. Also people who insist on Armenian Genocida have to turn and look at their own history. Indians weren't destroyed by Turks. No one forgets the huge massacres in Algeria and India. This group have to face with their own history based on genocides, massacres and colonialism. When your history is full of genocides, killing the millions of people you cannot accuse someone else of committing genocide against the Armenians or another nation. You can speak about Genocide after you clean up the messes in your dirty history. At first, your own history doesn't allow you to discuss about history of someone else. Ottoman was not imperialist. If there was a genocide against Armenians as it is claimed, today there is not a nation named Armenians. Only the claiming there was a genocide doesn't make your hand stronger. I don't think you want to learn what really happened.

Lord Tim said:
This is where the insults start.
I am wondering who started first.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
He already fired a few at me.
Sure because when you first write that there is an Armenian Genocide it would not be counted.

Lord Tim said:
Sir Hitson Winsler said:
He already fired a few at me.
Yes, but he's Turkish. All they do is insult others.
If it disturbs, you can leave.

And this is the answer of question ''who started?''

Lord Tim said:
war300 said:
If I were you I 'd write shortly it was just about ''faith''.

'nuff said.
Who asked you what it is?

Úlfheðinn said:
I am not arguing that they were not trying to defeat the Ottoman empire, rather I disagree that the main goal of the Allied forces was to commit genocide or some such action.
Attempting to win a war or battle is not the same as trying to murder the entire population of an opposing nation after all.
...However, if you, anaclimon or anyone else can refer me to information/proof/evidence suggesting that the Allied forces invaded the Ottoman empire with their main goal being to commit genocide then feel free to post it.
I think you know what would happen if the Allies won the war.

Doom Bunny said:
Where in the world do we find these people?
I am alien. You cannot find me somewhere in the world. :lol:

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
Turkey or the South of the U.S.
I suggest that you watch your tongue. I wonder where the sympathizers like you are coming from. It's not hard to see the indigestion in your words.

In Sovjet-Russia, people do not laugh with your jokes...
Your jokes laugh back at you.

Dude none of what I said was supposed to be taken serious.
This is Taleworlds, chill the **** down and accept that your grandpa probably raped an Armenian

Lord Tim said:
People don't have to laugh with my jokes every time. My jokes are not breaker.

Lord Tim said:
You really think that I'd care about it?

Lord Tim said:
Dude none of what I said was supposed to be taken serious.
This is Taleworlds, chill the **** down and accept that your grandpa probably raped an Armenian
Then take it easy. Of course I am not taking serious what you said. And the most important one; I have got deep knowledge of last times of Ottoman. I've read so many books ( both sides) and I can't accept that the exploitation of history. Probably my grandpa were raped by fascist Armenian groups such as Dashnak, Hunchak etc.
I have firm documents.

war300 said:
Lord Tim said:
People don't have to laugh with my jokes every time. My jokes are not breaker.

Lord Tim said:
You really think that I'd care about it?

^this. If you can't even laugh at the Soviet Russia meme. I miss the old internet, where people weren't nice to eachother in a fun way.

Haha! Amazing how a Turk can put it that way, that Kurds are actually responsible for the Armenian genocide. :lol:
Sounds so objective for a country that doesn't even allow Youtube acces for its people. Who wrote your official documents? Let me guess... your officials.

Edit: The guy I'm responding to removed his post -_-

Lord Tim said:
Haha! Amazing how a Turk can put it that way, that Kurds are actually responsible for the Armenian genocide. :lol:
Sounds so objective for a country that doesn't even allow Youtube acces for its people. Who wrote your official documents? Let me guess... your officials.

Edit: The guy I'm responding to removed his post -_-

I accidentally deleted the post while trying to edit it.

The Kurds and Armenians to this day still hold a grudge.  Like I told several times before;  Turks have a hard time finding their one ass with their two hands. That's why they banned themselves from viewing Youtube in the past. But there were no Kurds or Turks back then. There were only Ottomans and Armenians were the main subjects of Ottomans. Armenians were the ones who wanted to become Ottomans after all (unlike most of the Turks who remained "donkey Turks")

2 million Turkish women and children died while they were trying to kill Armenians?  There are two genocides: The Armenian Genocide and the Turkish Genocide.  It's very easy to make people start killing each other when the Empire they are living in collapses and enemy is coming to kill them all

“The Armenians have carried out atrocities targeting the Muslims and a Muslim massacre has taken place. On the other hand, nobody speaks a word about the atrocities carried out by the Armenian soldiers that were in the French army which occupied our southern provinces during World War I. The Armenians in the French Army conducted atrocities in Cukurova in the year 1918. France is responsible for these atrocities and it can be said that France has carried out these atrocities since these atrocities were carried out by Armenians wearing the French Army uniform.

It's no wonder the French have made it illegal to speak more about this. If the world knows about this, its either their incompetence becomes clear or they will become the guilty party.

Bogos Nubar Pasha sent a message to the French Foreign Affairs saying: “As you know, half of the French troops in Syria and Palestine consists of Armenian volunteers”. In this way, it is accepted that the Armenians have warred in the French Army. Thus, France is also responsible for the atrocities carried out by the Armenians. All these facts are ignored. In the year 1915, there were no claims of genocide. These were put forth after 1948. But effort was made to refer these claims to 1915. This reveals that a serious game is going on.

ARMENIANS THAT REGRETTED THE MUSLIM MASSACRES

In the Prime Ministry State Archives, there is a letter of apology that was sent from Paris to the Ottoman Government written by six Armenians who had taken part in the Muslim atrocities but who later regretted this. The Armenians named A. Amadoni, K. Milehyan, Liyon Hırçayan, Y. Masisyan, K. Mihitarof and S. Kanan expressed their regret due to the uprising against the Ottomans and stated the following: “We, as the Armenian people, have witnessed that the Ottoman Empires granted many favors and grants to the Armenians as they did to the other peoples of the Ottoman Empire. As a matter of fact, there has been relations of friendship ever between the Muslim and Armenian peoples. In spite of the lies of some intrigued people, we shall not refrain from keeping loyal to the Ottoman State. Yet, it is a matter of prestige for us to be subject to the Ottoman State.”

Is it illegal for Turks to say "I'm not a murderer" in your country too?

and I will show you that the main aim of your allied forces was not to enslave Turks but to simply exterminate them. I 2ill even show you how they made fun of this. Like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Agamemnon_%281906%29  (see Trojan War)

I'm just going to bring everyone from Gallipoli and mention the viking at Stamford Bridge.

One man, his dane axe and a desire to kill every single one of the Saxons trying to cross the bridge, fighting for his immortality in name, which he got. He's been dead for almost 1000 years and we still talk about him.

That's a worthy cause, to fight for glory and the bloodlust.

Skellgrimm said:
I'm just going to bring everyone from Gallipoli and mention the viking at Stamford Bridge.

One man, his dane axe and a desire to kill every single one of the Saxons trying to cross the bridge, fighting for his immortality in name, which he got. He's been dead for almost 1000 years and we still talk about him.

That's a worthy cause, to fight for glory and the bloodlust.

:!: That's nice  :grin:

We did not say YOU killed any Armenians, we said the Ottomans/Turks did a hundred years ago.
But YOU refuse to believe that YOUR great grandfather (And I mean his generation) did it.
Just imagine yourself in his place, you know you would've killed Armenians if your people so demanded.

Russian army has many and many battles which he doesnt won but fought bravely and glorius as example - battle for Osowiec fortress in poland september 1914 - august 1915. Russian commanders ASKED Osowiec garrison to hold fortress for 48 hours, but they were in there for 160 days...
After massive artillery strikes(also with big Bertha siege gun) and some of infantry attacks Germans decided to use against fortress gas, they poisened some of soldiers in a line of defence and after that 7 500 german soldier started the attack.
But when they come closer to the fortress, from green fog on Russian defence lines some of Russian soldiers have just stand up and with shouting "Ura!" charged on germans and then germans went away from Russian positions.
Historians called that attack "Attack of the dead"  :grin:
Here is some text about that battle on english - http://www.myspace.com/506906978/blog/523510324
http://forteca.w.activ.pl/osow_e.html

And some videos on youtube(not only about Osowiec): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWPri0N5hts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30SkgUWDvpc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6401-vvnoUU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmP7UuxXmls&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75tBfWII2ZU&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom