SP Fantasy Great New Mod for M&B 1.011 at M&B Nexus - Hyborian Age of Conan

Users who are viewing this thread

I didn't have anything to do with creating this mod, but I was playing M&B 1.011 the other day for 1866 and I decided to see if there were any other mods I hadn't tried out.  I found this one and it is really great!  It's based on the Hyborian Age created by Robert E. Howard for his Conan stories.  There's a beautiful new map and the mod is very well done and seems complete.  It was uploaded in October 2015 so it is relatively new.  Nice to see someone is keeping 1.011 alive!

If you are still playing M&B 1.011 check it out.  It's even well worth the effort to install 1.011 just to play this.

http://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/5932/?

MAP
5932-1-1445103580.jpeg

I downloaded and played for a bit.  Looks like a nice mod.  Has some interesting features and looks polished from what I could see.  The formation system will take some getting used as the keys I normally use to control my character are used by the formations.  I'll figure it out!

1.011 really had a classic set of mods!  1866, TEatRC, Red Planet, Invasion of Khergits, Civil War in Russia, so many great ones.  This Hyborian mod is just as good as they were. 

There is indeed a Subotai companion!  Also many other companions, most of whom are based on characters from the Conan stories.  You really get a great barbaric warfare feel out of this.

The only thing that doesn't quite seem "Hyborian" is that the Cimmerian people of the books were not so advanced.  I think their armor should be more primitive, rather than the Highland Scots gear they have in the mod.

The mod is wild fun!
The troop trees are a bit strange.

How does magic work? 
I saw scrolls and spell books
The Death knights launch spells but I have yet to find a sorcerer npc

I think the magic is not that complicated in this mod.  All spellcasters get either a Bible or a Spellbook.  You don't have to read them like the other books.  I think that the Spellbook or Bible works like a gun, and then there are different spells, like fireball, cold, magic bolt etc. that work like ammunition that cause different types of damage.  Sorcery skill replaces firearms skill.

Back
Top Bottom