Great Mod Here's Some New Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

g_los_skilos

Recruit
For a long time i've been hoping that someone would come out with a mod for MB that would model tribal warfare, and this one has done a very good job.  However, I have a few ideas to introduce and things to change that I think would greatly improve the game.  First, if the Karkan tribe lives in a cold mountain highland environment, I could never picture them running around in just loincloths; they should all be wearing some kind of furs or leather.  Second, I think the tribe of snakes needs some kind of armor, and I think a good choice for them would be cotton armor and wooden helmets similar to how the natives of Mesoamerica and the Yucatan fought.  Also, adding flint and obsidian weaponry would be a great addition, as well as the Aztec maquahuitl.  For range weapons I think the throwing spear with an atlatl launcher should be heavily used in all the tribal factions.  Also one other weapon that I think should have been in the original MB and definitely should be in this mod is the sling.  Pretty much every tribal society throughout history has made heavy use of the sling, and it should be a fairly powerful weapon, but heavily dependent on the character's skill with it.

g_los_skilos said:
For a long time i've been hoping that someone would come out with a mod for MB that would model tribal warfare, and this one has done a very good job.  However, I have a few ideas to introduce and things to change that I think would greatly improve the game.
One of the reasons I made the mod :wink:
  First, if the Karkan tribe lives in a cold mountain highland environment, I could never picture them running around in just loincloths; they should all be wearing some kind of furs or leather.
:lol: I think it seems a bit silly as well, mostly it is due to a lack of armour selection for them at the moment. Fortunately, that exact thing has been quite a focus of the development lately

Not my model

Though most of the effort has gone to the snakes...
Second, I think the tribe of snakes needs some kind of armor, and I think a good choice for them would be cotton armor and wooden helmets similar to how the natives of Mesoamerica and the Yucatan fought.  Also, adding flint and obsidian weaponry would be a great addition,
Something that has been attempted since the beginning, but I am fairly bad at making armour models. Thankfully I am getting better and if you see here I have been working on increasing their wardrobe options
mb28h.jpg

By crossbow_joe at 2012-04-10
mb26i.jpg

By crossbow_joe at 2012-04-05
mb25n.jpg

By crossbow_joe at 2012-04-05
mb20q.jpg

By crossbow_joe at 2012-03-28
mb19et.jpg

mb18m.jpg

mb18m.jpg

mb17j.jpg

With more since those screen-shots were taken
This concept art I drew shows what I intend some armour pieces to look like in the end
ezran.jpg

By crossbow_joe at 2012-06-18
As for the obsidian weapons, the green/blue material you see in most of their equipment is my own creative interpretation of obsidian. It isn't the same technically, but the same in concept; a strange material completely different from the metals used by the colonists. Whether it is formed the same way obsidian is, is still an open subject. It fulfills the same purpose however.
as well as the Aztec maquahuitl.  For range weapons I think the throwing spear with an atlatl launcher should be heavily used in all the tribal factions.
:wink: Made for the new version
Atl Atl is on the list, but not made yet
Also one other weapon that I think should have been in the original MB and definitely should be in this mod is the sling.  Pretty much every tribal society throughout history has made heavy use of the sling, and it should be a fairly powerful weapon, but heavily dependent on the character's skill with it.
It's possible, for sure. The primary concern being it would have to come into its own as a proficiency. But apart from firearms, it isn't easy (if possible) to add new ones, meaning it would have to replace an existing proficiency such as throwing weapons or crossbows etc. I'll keep it in mind, alongside other new types of weapons like blowpipes :smile:

Thanks for the suggestions and if you have any other suggestions or feedback, feel free to post on this sub-forum and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom