Graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadius 2.0

Grandmaster Knight
Is there any way that you guys could lower the graphics any lowers :razz:? Like turning off vegetation all together? I usually find myself not caring much for how pretty it looks as long as I can spear another guy in the gut without any hiccups.

Swadius said:
Is there any way that you guys could lower the graphics any lowers :razz:? Like turning off vegetation all together? I usually find myself not caring much for how pretty it looks as long as I can spear another guy in the gut without any hiccups.

Well, you could turn grass density down to 0 which would eliminate all vegetation.

Swadius said:
Still leaves the greens in trees around thgouh :wink:. They seem to hog more RAM than the grass.

Ah, if RAM is your problem, why not just buy more, that is one of the things you can change in a laptop :razz:

If we have to care for those who lag behind, our progress towards the future will suffer, in principle.

I'm sure there's a way for you to mod it yourself, without breaking any rules.

Taraleon said:
If we have to care for those who lag behind, our progress towards the future will suffer, in principle.

I'm sure there's a way for you to mod it yourself, without breaking any rules.

No offense meant at all, but this is the way I feel myself. Atleast the first statement. Software and other programming as is already lags WAY WAY, like meaning WAY behind hardware. We cant let those who fall behind let this gap grow even more. We are FINALLY getting to 64bit with 7 being only 64bit but with compatibility. If it catches (which I hope to god it does), the world will very quickly migrate programming to 64bit and become so much better. The only way to make an effective change in technology is by force sadly. And if there is no force there is no change with no change there is no advance with no advance there is only death (speaking on general terms of course).

As far as cost, just keep an eye out for deals. Newegg often times has great RAM deals.

For example, without even having a sale, the standard price for a 2 Gig stick 800mhz is 25.99 here

And if you kept an eye out for sales that happen occasionally, the prices can get even lower. But 25.99 is not too much for a lot of RAM.

If you really just want to have it playable, set it to DirectX 7. That`s what I did.
Makes it look like PS1 graphics but runs like butter.

M&B already offers decent framerates for incredibly low-end computers; I think we should press forward with better gameplay and graphics, not try to cater to those who can't even run the game well in its current state.  I think Darkness and Taraleon said it well.  And you can easily upgrade a computer with more ram or a video card for just a hundred dollars or two. 

I could play M&B with my 7 year old crappy computer with 100 people and no lag. Of course that was with DX7 and everything on the lowest, except resolution.
It had a 2.4 ghz Pentium 4 processor and a 128 mb graphics card and 512mb of ram.
That computer now days would sell for maybe $100.
If your computer is worse then that, then you must be very poor.
In that case I feel sorry for you.

Back
Top Bottom