Graphics Feedback Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Chalk

Recruit
Here is where you can post feedback, criticism, or suggestions specifically regarding graphics. Animations, models, and textures all count as graphics.

If you have any ideas for changes to current graphics, don't hesitate to let us know.

I am going to say this openly. The old graphics were 100% better. This thing used to run no heavier than Gekokujo. I could run it on highest graphics settings without any problems at all. But after the latest patch the only way it will run for me is with everything turned down to 0 and on DirectX7. And even than I get like one crash every 15 minutes when something loads. Seriously, I do not know what the hell you did to bug things up but I basically gave up on playing the mod because of it. My educated guess as a programer is that there is more to this than just super huge trillion polygon models and textures but that you messed something up in the code when adding stuff as well.

None of my models are in the game yet, and I'll admit that some of them are a little high poly, but I'm not satisfied with some of the models at ALL. Some of the map icons (which are supposed to be low poly) are higher poly than some of the guns! I'm fully intending to optimise the graphics eventually.

Haha no I understand, I'm not insecure  :lol: I was just pointing out I'm not planning on optimising the graphics until I've added some more content.

I do not really see this as a case of optimization. It's a case of the mod team changing things up somehow and breaking everything. If it were me, I'd revert to the old system and try to add your new models from that point forward.

Personally, I find the low level thugs and bandits you fight to have really unfitting clothes that would fit more of a mid to 19th century era sort of module. I'm hoping at some point in the module development will be fighting more down to earth and nicer looking gangster types of the twenties.

Chalk said:
Cordor said:
I dont like the textures on some uniforms, they look kinda...bad

Could you be a little more specific?

the ones in dark colors look nice like the nords one, swazis and rhodoks

but the vaegirs just look ugly, i dont know, there is a wierd pattern on their uniforms that just makes it looks ugly its not even the colors

Back
Top Bottom