Resolved Graphical / Texture Error is present for preview images of meshes (Reproducible with mod, but has been reported on vanilla assets as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Preview images for meshes have very strange textures
How to Reproduce: I've been told this was visible on vanilla assets, but I have only seen it on modded assets post 1.7.2. With Eagle Rising, all asset preview images / encyclopedia will look this way. These same assets are perfectly fine when equipped, and were perfectly fine prior to 1.7.1
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Inventory
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 2080 TI
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I do not personally observe this with vanilla assets while in-game, only within the mod tools. Like wise, I do not observe this with modded assets in the mod tools, only while in game. The assets are published, use the correct materials, and this was not an issue before 1.7.2.

Want to further add that I feel this is connected to whatever is causing the issue in the mod tools for native vanilla icons. The issue there is being translated to the published tpacs.

This is a massive problem for us. Since we added new races as well, all the characters that have the custom race's custom meshes on their faces look like that even ingame, not just the editor. Since the new publishing to Steam Workshop procedure removes the Assets and Assetsources by default, this is kind of baffling...

The fix will be part of the next big patch which is what we are currently working on. We can't give any ETA's on patches sadly. Hotfixes does not include big changes and/or other improvements that does not have a base on the current version. Next patch is the next version and hotfixes are on the same version as live build, with minor or MP related fixed mostly.

Back
Top Bottom