Graphical Enhancement 2.5, version 3 is in Pioneer's Guild.

Users who are viewing this thread

italiano

Grandmaster Knight
title.jpg

No longer supported. The thread for the next version can be found  here

Constructive criticism.

The Grass in the second picture looks too bright, but the dirt is gorgeous, good enough to eat  :razz:
I preferred your other stone textures, but the current one is still much better then Native.
The wood in the 7th picture looks terrible. Maybe the building could have been better Uv mapped but IMHO it looks ugly.

Lastly the 6th picture is absolutely gorgeous.

Can't wait until the release.

Taal said:
Constructive criticism.

The Grass in the second picture looks too bright, but the dirt is gorgeous, good enough to eat  :razz:
I preferred your other stone textures, but the current one is still much better then Native.
The wood in the 7th picture looks terrible. Maybe the building could have been better Uv mapped but IMHO it looks ugly.

Lastly the 6th picture is absolutely gorgeous.

Can't wait until the release.

Grass in 2nd pic: it does but it's the same as the grass in the other shots. It's just the angle and time of day I suppose.

Stone: do you mean the ones in the old release or the earlier WIP shot I showed (a flatter, "civilised" brick-styled stone)? The previous version was too stylistic and I'm glad to get away from that look. 1.3 was purposely stylistic as I made it with a mod in mind and I guess the look just carried over to 1.4, since that was only a slight upgrade. If you're talking about the stone in the WIP shots of the old thread, I felt it looked too smooth in exterior scenes while the stone above just felt right.

Wood: I pointed that out below the pic and it's actually as simple as rotating that texture 90 degrees :wink:.

Love the Khergit Style infrastructure.

That's actually my favourite texture, and the only one that's been in every version.

Any preferences on whether the village ground should be dirt/muddy (best shown in the pic of the arena) or paved with stone as in the town shots?

this makes me wanna go rob a computer store.... for a better comp....

you will get my out of jail wont you?

anyway joking..

looks great, keep up the amazing work...

I think the villages should be muddy. After all the people wouldn't have money to pay. Maybe one main street could have a dirt road.

Trooper5445 said:
I think the villages should be muddy. After all the people wouldn't have money to pay. Maybe one main street could have a dirt road.

One things that's always bothered me is that the ground within the towns contains so much grass? I feel like the majority of it should be dirt/mud trodden ground but that would redoing the scenes. Ah, also ignore the whatever vegetation is in those pics, it's from the previous version and will need to be adjusted as it's a little too saturated.

Wohow!! Better. Desperately waiting for this to be released for 95x.

Suggestion. Not to dissapoint ya, the overall theme is too grey to my taste. As an example: castle walls. I've seen a great looking castle on vacation a year ago, called Malbork (Malienburg for Germans out here) in north Poland, and it's just the right era. There's not a bit of grey on the walls. Try  google/wiki searching "malbork". Brown is everywhere!! Same on my overall vision of medieval times.

And oh, I vote for the tiling version for Khergit towns.

Brown is everywhere!! Same on my overall vision of medieval times.

There is no right or wrong here as castles have been made of many different types of stone and brick and in many different colours. Some castles are extremely gray, some are brown, some are orange etc. I chose a lesser gray because that is what I felt suited the look I am trying to achieve.

FieldMarshal said:
I have a question.
Do installing the graphical enhancement mod affect other mods?

Thanks
yes, unless the mods have their own textures.
eg. Hundred Years War, Expanded Gameplay...

Do installing the graphical enhancement mod affect other mods?

Will it work with other mods? Yes. However, if a mod uses custom textures (some do) they will be overwritten with the ones from this mod. No compatibility or gameplay issues though.

Back
Top Bottom