Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-09-08_20.04.20_532113489146b21761791d83b4f9d63f

Volvagius

Recruit
Summary: This is on 1.6.2 beta with no mods in singleplayer. After continuing a save game occasionally clan banners showing on towns in the world map and on the encyclopedia will be replaced with a creepy face. This is sometimes a odd color, sometimes a normal face color. If I load the save game again it still occurs. If I close out of the game completely and restart it will sometimes reoccur, but typically for different towns. I noticed this didnt happen in a different campaign, not sure if it is due to rebel clans starting.
This started after the game crashed due to a memory leak. I didnt notice it immediately after replaying, but sometime after I saw it
This still occurs after a computer restart.
I noticed several others reported this issue online as well, couldnt find a post here on it though

How to Reproduce:
0. Have a error where the game could not get enough memory from the system (not sure how the first one happened)
1. Load a saved campaign after quitting the application entirely
2. zoom out on the campaign map slowly (if done too quickly will give the application crashed because it could not get new memory from the operating system error)
3. Sometimes random towns will have their clan banner replaced with a creepy face. Sometimes its in different colors too. You can look up the town in the encyclopedia and the texture is replaced there as well.
4. Reload saved game, same town will have same color face
5. fully close out of application and open again, reload new save
6. sometimes will occur again on different towns

Have you used cheats and if so which: the ctrl+click to move on the map, and healing on the battlefield
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): https://i.imgur.com/Qb7FNCB.jpeg, https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/ohulhs/weird_blue_face_banners_started_popping_up_my/, https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord/comments/o3pigw/banner_texture_bug_is_creepy/

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version:471.96
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER ATX AM4 Motherboard
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I found a related post and deleting the Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages folder and revalidating the files seems to work so far. I havent gotten the memory crash since, still need to test a few more times to make sure that or the creepy faces doesn't come back.
Edit: It ran fine the first 3 times, then it crashed again when I zoomed out fast. no faces though. I checked resource monitor and the bannerlord process has 38,318,792kb committed, which seems like it might be a little too high. The process also doesnt close out after submitting the crash report, but that may be a different bug.

Last edited:
Forwarded to the developers for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom