OSP Shaders Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons & Wind effects (Version 1.0 RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
aDjezwn.jpg

[OSP] La Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons and wind effects
Ok so here is the first release of this pack.

https://mega.co.nz/#!9V0lxIya!4frPP9E7UHj5jci5Ge6lsYO0wgTxZvfrl6i7guqJ-F8

It features:
Flora Shaders
- Wind Effects
- Seasonal Effects
Hair Shader
- Wind Effects
Ground Shaders
- Seasonal Effects

This is the first release, and it is fairly basic, more features will come but dont expect these for a while. You will have to create winter versions of flora and ground textures if you wish to have seasonal effects. See the instructions below if you wish to use anything in this pack. NOTE this is strictly for modders (who have a average to good understanding of how M&B works): you cannot download this and chuck it into native and expect it to do anything.

Instructions on Installation
- Drag and drop all files into your mod's folder. If you are using custom shaders already then these will overwrite them (postfx or enb shaders dont matter).
- Add the new brf file (la_grandmaster_shaders_osp.brf) to your module.ini.

Instructions on use
- Ok so first of all open up the la_grandmaster_shaders_osp.brf
- Go to the shaders tab
- You will notice there are 6 new shaders
- In addition to these new shaders I have also altered
- natives flora shaders
- natives hair shaders

The New Shaders
- The dot3 and bumpmap shaders are the new seasonal shaders for ground textures and scene props ect.
- To use these choose the ground material you want to be seasonal and set it up in the following way
EmCHy6w.jpg

- The hair shader is a static version of our new wavy hair shader. You will notice that the in the same brf their is a material called hair_blonde_fixed, this uses the static hair shader. Use this material for beards (we dont want beards to move as they clip).

Altered Native Shaders
- This mod also alters the various flora shaders so they feature wind effects and seasonal effects. Set up your various flora materials in the following way:
gUTCqFC.jpg
Note you will have to do this for everything which uses flora shaders

READ THIS: IT IS A USEFUL SUMMARY:
- Install shaders as instructed above
- Change all ground materials so that they use their new shader and have a winter version in the diffuseb slot
- Change all multiground materials so that they use their new shader and have winter versions in the enviro and specular slots
- Make sure all beards now use the material " hair_blonde_fixed"
- Change every material which uses a flora shader so that they either have:
      - a winter version in the bump slot
      - or just the standard diffuse in the bump slot (use this when you dont have a winter version, or do not want a winter version)

Ok so now we have everything set up correctly we can control the wind strength and season via a couple of commands in the module system.

Wind Power
Wind power ranges from 0 to 4 (or above but looks stupid). Use the line:
  (set_shader_param_float, "@vWindAmount", INSERT VALUE OF 0 TO 4 ),

The following is some code which can be pasted into any mission template and is useful for testing, press y to change wind strength.
Code:
      (0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_y)],
       [(try_begin),
         (eq,"$wind_power",0),
         (assign,"$wind_power",1),
        (else_try),
         (eq,"$wind_power",1),
         (assign,"$wind_power",2),
        (else_try),
         (eq,"$wind_power",2),
         (assign,"$wind_power",3),
        (else_try),
         (eq,"$wind_power",3),
         (assign,"$wind_power",4),
        (else_try),
         (eq,"$wind_power",4),
         (assign,"$wind_power",0),
        (try_end),
        (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 1),
         (set_shader_param_float, "@vWindAmount","$wind_power"),

(assign,reg1,"$alt_wind"),
         (display_message,"@{reg1}"),
           ]),

Seasons
Season values are either 0 (off or summer), and 1 (winter version).  Use the line:
(set_shader_param_float, "@vAltDiffuse", 0 OR 1),

The following is some code which can be pasted into any mission template and is useful for testing, press t to change season.
Code:
 (0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_t)],
       [(try_begin),
         (eq,"$alt_diffuse_on",1),
         (assign,"$alt_diffuse_on",0),
        (display_message,"@OFF"),
        (else_try),
         (eq,"$alt_diffuse_on",0),
         (assign,"$alt_diffuse_on",1),
        (display_message,"@ON"),
        (try_end),
        (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 1),
         (set_shader_param_float, "@vAltDiffuse","$alt_diffuse_on"),

(assign,reg1,"$alt_diffuse_on"),
         (display_message,"@{reg1}"),
           ]),

Remember this is meant as a tool for modders who have a medium amount of experience in modding. To get them working in game requires a fair bit of work as you will need winter versions of many textures. It is up to the user to decide whether it is worth it or not.

All I ask for is a small credit in whatever project you use this in  :smile:

Examples of this pack in use (note the autumn effect will be made available in future if their is enough interest for it.
IBX1G75.jpg
cvcIXdM.jpg
uFfVBDR.jpg

Simply fantastic work! I cannot wait to try these out when they're finished.

One slight problem with the seasonal stuff is that it doesn't effect the terrain boarders; I don't know if you're planning to add that into the list of winter textures or have some sort of script that changes scene boarders based on what season it is... other than that I love your attention to detail with the snow season, adding the snow on the bricks was a nice touch.

EDIT: Would you be able to add tents, sails, and other clothy materials to your list of things that wave in the wind, if they haven't been added already.

nice work La Grandmaster this is what I was looking for but can you add coloured specular map? even an env map shader would improve the looks of the armours ingame

Parrot said:
One slight problem with the seasonal stuff is that it doesn't effect the terrain boarders; I don't know if you're planning to add that into the list of winter textures or have some sort of script that changes scene boarders based on what season it is... other than that I love your attention to detail with the snow season, adding the snow on the bricks was a nice touch.

EDIT: Would you be able to add tents, sails, and other clothy materials to your list of things that wave in the wind, if they haven't been added already.
Working on the terrain borders, I have an infinite view distance shader which never clips so may do something with that. As for sails ect, the shaders for waving flags would work fine for them

Jaakko said:
Shadows though, I feel are bit too sharp an dark.
Couldnt agree more, may change that so they are less dark
fedeita said:
nice work La Grandmaster this is what I was looking for but can you add coloured specular map? even an env map shader would improve the looks of the armours ingame
Coloured speculars are very easy to do, I may work on some fancy reflective shader if I have time

Cozur said:
How did you make that scattered snow on the world map?
It is the shader. It functions in a similar way as to how you get snow on high mountains - via the alpha channel. However I have altered it so that the intensity and area covered can be altered via two global variables. At the moment snow begins to slowly advance down from the high mountainous areas to lower areas of the map as winter progresses and then begins to retreat again throughout spring - Ill upload a video demonstrating it

Parrot said:
Ah awesome! You might want to hit ShaunRemo up for the borders, he's working on a really nice "unlimited border" osp but was having trouble with the shaders.

Here's his work posted on the 3D art thread
I have pmed him an unlimited view distance shader already, not heard from him in a while though to be honest though

Video showcasing snow advancement on worldmap, in the video seasons advance every 3 hours so obviously in real gameplay this would occur over a much longer period of time. It would also feature some randomness which you do not get in the video

Set it to 1080p to notice it the best

Would it be possible to manipulate the sky color? You could enhance the seasonal effect by playing with it, like making the summer sky intensive blue and winter dull greyish.

Also, summer is a bit indistinct from spring. How about adding a slight yellowish discoloration to plants, to suggest heat?

Pointless nitpicking aside, really amazing job, you really got them mad modding skillz.

I see some crucial "overloaded" effect problems here and there, good work though.

Back
Top Bottom