OSP Shaders Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons & Wind effects (Version 1.0 RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Am I the only one who thought HyperCharge was Beobart, with a name change, to begin with?

On a different note: Grandmaster hasn't been on since the 27th.

Im going to release the shaders, but with no textures. That way people will have to use their own. Also during my time in the VC team I discovered a few issues with the way I was doing it before (it wouldnt work on certain machines). These are being ironed out. The pack I will release shortly will feature:

- A ground shader which has two diffuse textures - the user can decide what ground texture will be set via the module system
- A very basic windy flora shader (which will also allow the use of 2 diffuse textures)
- I will also include a basic bump shader which will also allow the use of 2 diffuse textures.

These will allow users to have winter versions of ground, flora textures and scene prop textures. Which can be set on or off via the module system.

My reason for cutting back the features is that, as I said before, I discovered that their were quite a few issues with the old shaders which were not apparent on my machine but were game breaking on others.

Also be aware that these shaders will not work on directx 7 machines

La Grandmaster said:
Im going to release the shaders, but with no textures. That way people will have to use their own. Also during my time in the VC team I discovered a few issues with the way I was doing it before (it wouldnt work on certain machines). These are being ironed out. The pack I will release shortly will feature:

- A ground shader which has two diffuse textures - the user can decide what ground texture will be set via the module system
- A very basic windy flora shader (which will also allow the use of 2 diffuse textures)
- I will also include a basic bump shader which will also allow the use of 2 diffuse textures.

These will allow users to have winter versions of ground, flora textures and scene prop textures. Which can be set on or off via the module system.

My reason for cutting back the features is that, as I said before, I discovered that their were quite a few issues with the old shaders which were not apparent on my machine but were game breaking on others.

Also be aware that these shaders will not work on directx 7 machines

Finally! :smile:

is the wind shader includes hair waving ?

I have uploaded download link in first post, this is now an actual OSP instead of an idea  :smile:  It requires a fair bit of work to look good (you need to create winter versions of many textures) but I have uploaded as detailed instructions as I could.

HyperCharge said:
Calradian people wants to wave their hair in wind.  :grin:
The pack features wavy hair. 

La Grandmaster said:
I have uploaded download link in first post, this is now an actual OSP instead of an idea  :smile:  It requires a fair bit of work to look good (you need to create winter versions of many textures) but I have uploaded as detailed instructions as I could.

HyperCharge said:
i can set the wind amount.  :smile:

this is fantastic! :shock:

Thank you.

b5YlqGM.jpg

La Grandmaster said:

HyperCharge said:
Thank you so much! This is incredible! Hopefully I understand what I have to do (and can scrape enough artistic talent together to create the necessary textures).

Again: Thank you so much - also for the great DLC! I love VC!

I'm days away from finishing making autumn (in lieu of winter) versions of all the flora and ground textures for PL, along with a ton of my own tree and bush models (in fact there's quite little of the original PL left). If anybody's interested, I'll post screenshots and upload them when they're finished.

jacobhinds said:
I'm days away from finishing making autumn (in lieu of winter) versions of all the flora and ground textures for PL, along with a ton of my own tree and bush models (in fact there's quite little of the original PL left). If anybody's interested, I'll post screenshots and upload them when they're finished.
that would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom