OSP Shaders Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons & Wind effects (Version 1.0 RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

scrdest said:
Would it be possible to manipulate the sky color? You could enhance the seasonal effect by playing with it, like making the summer sky intensive blue and winter dull greyish.

Also, summer is a bit indistinct from spring. How about adding a slight yellowish discoloration to plants, to suggest heat?

Pointless nitpicking aside, really amazing job, you really got them mad modding skillz.
Its not nitpicking, this is the exeact reason I posted this here - to find out what to change/improve, I like both those ideas so will implement them both  :smile:

Belendor said:
I see some crucial "overloaded" effect problems here and there, good work though.
Thanks, what effects do you mean? The fact that it is extremely dark in some areas?

Michadr said:
This looks awesome! Any idea when you will be releasing your first version?
Definiately within a week, kind of busy over the next couple of days but I will definately have it released around the beginning of next week.

Not a big deal. Some of the screenshots look a bit weird, that is all.

Looks like Bannerlord has to really raise the bar if it's going to compete with Warband mods.  :razz:

The only thing I don't like is the new standart shaders. I'm guessing they look different in-game (especially while moving) but in the screenshots you posted, the "before" pictures look much nicer, I think. I also love M&B's colours, personally, so I'm biased against the desaturation right from the start. Real life is vibrant, too many war games go for the "gritty greyscale" look.

The snow on the map though, how does that work? Does snow affect every terrain type besides ocean/desert? Can you set a min map coordinate for the snow to peter out at? It seems that if all green grass will get the snow treatment, this could be limiting for some large maps that want to boast many biomes.

Ruthven said:
Looks like Bannerlord has to really raise the bar if it's going to compete with Warband mods.  :razz:

The only thing I don't like is the new standart shaders. I'm guessing they look different in-game (especially while moving) but in the screenshots you posted, the "before" pictures look much nicer, I think. I also love M&B's colours, personally, so I'm biased against the desaturation right from the start. Real life is vibrant, too many war games go for the "gritty greyscale" look.

The snow on the map though, how does that work? Does snow affect every terrain type besides ocean/desert? Can you set a min map coordinate for the snow to peter out at? It seems that if all green grass will get the snow treatment, this could be limiting for some large maps that want to boast many biomes.

I remember a mod of yours called Wülf, where you attempted to do something similar. Am I right?

Also, shaders give you a lot of flexibility, all that is feasible, you just need patience, always tweak on the spot and try to develop your ideas without affecting performance. They are pretty fun when you get how they work.

You're right Swyter, I had a weather system set up and was getting frustrated that there was "no way" to change the terrain textures of the map during the game - if only I'd known about this whole shader business back then!

Wow ! Very realistic. Maybe you can add footprints in the snow ? Where people walk  :mrgreen:
Hairs moove with the wind :  awesome !

ElPadrino said:
Wow ! Very realistic. Maybe you can add footprints in the snow ? Where people walk  :mrgreen:
Thats not really possible - well at least I cant think of a way to add it and make it look good

Little update on what I am working on. I have been attempting to code in a parallax occlusion effect (something like this -http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,302188.msg7173537.html#msg7173537 )  however mines does not look good at the moment. It is extremely jagged and does not look nearly as good as the one in the above thread. If I cant get it too work I will release the pack pretty soon and just leave out the effect.

Edit: FIXED IT -  all I have to do now is create heightmaps, the shader will not function properly using normal maps. The picture below is just to show that the shader works - they are using extremely low res (256*256) textures. However you can see that on even on these low res textures the bricks stand out reasonably well, and you notice the effect a hundred times more during actual movement

m4kVzC7.jpg
5zyluWR.jpg

Remember these are just using extremely low res test textures. When I get round to creating heightmaps for proper textures they will look loads better

fedeita said:
have you tried using fresnel effect on buildings? how does it look?
That texture does not have a normalmap, only a heightmap. To add a good looking fresnel effect needs a decent quality normalmap (well thats the way I have done it in the past anyway).

Once I have created decent heightmaps for all of the stone wall textures I will post a combined pic of parallax occlusion and fresnel on stone walls. For these effects to function well the textures must be made properly, I cannot just autogenerate normalmaps and heightmaps, they must be done largely by hand. which takes time, but they obviously look much better.

Great work Grandmaster! I really like those season changes.

Finished first heightmap for the stone wall texture - bricks really stand out now. Lighting looks pretty sharp in some places though so I may need to soften it slightly. Also fixed lighting for when bricks are in the shade, I never liked warbands shaded areas

H7jW6ex.jpg

G8g5HTs.jpg

cUIb6an.jpg

Seasonal effects will look much better on this shader than warbands one

It would be better if you made use of Warband textures instead of new ones (or I'm just missing something). Overall, it is an improvement which gives life to what we seen now in Warband.

Still, I'm really interested on how nights look like.

The Bowman said:
It would be better if you made use of Warband textures instead of new ones (or I'm just missing something). Overall, it is an i provement which gives life to what we seen now in Warband.

Still, I'm really interested on how nights look like.
They are default warband textures, I have just had to create heightmaps for them as warband does not use heightmaps and parallax occlusion mapping requires heightmaps.

The Bowman said:
Any news?
Been working on the waving shaders, they look pretty decent now. I should be able to upload the pack tomorrow, there are a few small bugs in it though.

I need to edit the short hair meshes as currently the wind effects make them clip with the head mesh - not sure the best way to fix this though as whenever I have tried to edit hair meshes in the past they have come out strange due to the fact that the each face gets exported from openbrf as an individual object.

Also the map ocean looks really good now, features real waves which distort the surface ect however again there are a few small bugs with this due to the way vertices are joined on the world map. However it is not a biggy and I will include an option which will let players turn this off.

Back
Top Bottom