Grand Tournament (at Swadians) and Pit Fighting (at Vaegirs)

Users who are viewing this thread

JetJedi

Sergeant at Arms
As you know, I already offered idea about visual difference of Swadians and Vaegirs.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=8409

Now I offer something that will make them even more various and attractive.

Grand Tournament and Pit Fighting - the improved version of tournaments in neutral city Zendar. But they don’t replace Zendar tournaments, they harmoniously adds them.

Grand Tournament:

This competition, unlike Zendar tournament, is spent one time of a week, and only in Swadians cities. As a prize here is randomly expose the part of an armor, weapon or money. You should win three disciplines successively to gain a prize:

1. Sword tournament: you should win your opponent in a duel on one-handed or two-handed swords at the choice.

2. Bow tournament: competition on accuracy with the opponent. For some time you should hit some targets. Or a three shots in one target at the choice.

3. Lance tournament: you should win your opponent in a duel on spears. Mounted certainly.

In case of loss you lose nothing, but for a prize you should win all disciplines…

Pit Fighting:

This competition also passes once a week, and only in Vaegirs cities. It something similar to gladiators fights. You should overcome ONE (unlike Grand Tournament) opponent at random (weapon). In case of win you gain experience and one part of HIS equipment (armor or weapon) at random. In case of loss you lose one part of YOUR equipment (armor or weapon) at random…

Technically:

Each opponent at these competitions should be not weaker than player. Maybe a little bit stronger, but isn’t weaker. Opponent should possess equivalent skills. Not the SAME, but approximately equal. No matter how strong you are, here is always worthy battle!

Looks like:

Grand Tournament - greater rectangular arena with sections for various duels. A lot of spectators on parallel tribunes. And the king himself!

Pit Fighting - small round arena surrounded by stakes. A lot of torches around. Spectators on a circle and violently shouts.

Guys, what you think about it?

The king wouldnt be everywhere at once, it would take place in the capital city! I love the idea for vaegirs.

I don't like the part about losing your armor and stuff. One thing I have always liked was the fact that in areas, everyone got comparable armor, and you never lost anything unless you bet. I guess people probably did stuff like this back then, but I don't want to have to lose my stuff.

Yeah, pit fighting is for real man, like Vaegirs *wink*

About the king: I don't know... Maybe spend these competitions only in capitals? Anyway, presence of king strongly increases event importance. *wink*

very unbalancing idea. zendar arena was made to regain a minor sum of money for recruiting peasants and buying some general outfit. powerful items and experience should be won in real fights. these arenas sound almost like cheating - you gain elite equipment and lots of experience not even risking to lose any of your men, fortune, even hit points!

Nothing cheating in it. These competitions are REALLY difficult for winning. More difficultly than some fights. The real challenge! And certainly competitions diversify game process. There is an alternative way to gaining equipment. Maybe a bit harder, but much more honorable sometimes. *wink*

Standing over a water pit and beating eachother with sticks.... only fun in real life, cause you auto maticaly have balance in M&B :roll:

thesneakster said:
Perhaps you should get someone to make this into a mod?

I think if we shall discuss ideas enough - armagan will not have a choice. *wink*

And I don’t object if somebody (who is really can handle it) realizes my ideas in his mod. It will be a good example.

Aryndil said:
Remember, the Vaegir had archers

...and Swadians had archers too (sharpshooters)...

Aryndil said:
but the Vaegir people weren't brutes.

Not brutes. But tough enough. They name the war "sacred", it means another religion, another civilization, another culture. I think that Swadians and Vaegirs different enough, and I have tried to display their difference. Who is more right? I think that armagan will be, maybe *wink*

Weaver said:
if you lose - you lose nothing. if you win - you win a lot. that's cheating

cheating is only "save/load". All other things can be balanced.

Aryndil said:
that doesn't prove anything

It’s only my point. If you don’t like it - then show me your point (real idea) witch out "stupid" and "idiotic" kidding.

Aryndil said:
Would you stop with the winking

Ok. Can I razzing? *razzzzzzzzzzz*

Back
Top Bottom